Pages:
Author

Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters - page 20. (Read 16647 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I hope you find out there is legal clearance in the chosen area.

(20% of the land will be held as reserve)...

Pre-mined land coin?
/just kidding
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Hey guys, what about selling some shares for litecoin as well?

I don't have a problem with this.

But as a first part of my assessment study, I am currently studying what are the legal implications of setting up an artificial island at Saya de Malha. I don't want to invest millions of $$$, and then allow the Mauritian Navy to dynamite it. I want to make sure that the island is legally viable.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
You are really serious about this project, are you?
This is as I earlier said a really interesting project. Here's a link to a similar project: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Utopia
We could maybe contact them and see if they have any advices on how we should move on?

I am really serious about this project. But I need time to finalize all the plans, as I am working on another project also (buying Amazonian rain forest). Yes... any advice will be welcome.

make this project a priority, it will bring more attention and good things to bitcoin

also somehow make sure that the users who invest can't be scammed (so they know it) and they will invest, this way it unlikely to get millions of $ since the New Utopia scandal Cheesy
As far as I know none lost money in the New Utopia project? And what scandal are you talking about?

oh, sory

just saw a lat of "fraud" and simmiliar, and thought wrong..
sory..
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hey guys, what about selling some shares for litecoin as well?
Sure, it's an alt-coin, however it is the original scrypt-coin and there are many rich litecoiners!
So why not let them join this project?
This is as I earlier said a really interesting project. Here's a link to a similar project: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Utopia
We could maybe contact them and see if they have any advices on how we should move on?

I am really serious about this project. But I need time to finalize all the plans, as I am working on another project also (buying Amazonian rain forest). Yes... any advice will be welcome.

make this project a priority, it will bring more attention and good things to bitcoin

also somehow make sure that the users who invest can't be scammed (so they know it) and they will invest, this way it unlikely to get millions of $ since the New Utopia scandal Cheesy
As far as I know none lost money in the New Utopia project? And what scandal are you talking about?

legendary

Maybe we could get some concrete companies sponsor this project?

No. Bitcoin users can buy shares for the project. A total of 1 million shares will be issued. Each share will be equal to 8 square meters of land. (20% of the land will be held as reserve). The purchase price for the shares will be announced later, once the plans are finalized. The entire funding will come from Bitcoin users.
legendary

No. Bitcoin users can buy shares for the project. A total of 1 million shares will be issued. Each share will be equal to 8 square meters of land. (20% of the land will be held as reserve). The purchase price for the shares will be announced later, once the plans are finalized. The entire funding will come from Bitcoin users.
interesting to check out the prices of islands here Cheesy

http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/home/

check out the map.. Wink
What we'll have to do is either to sink a lot of concrete blocks into the waters until we have an island to build from, or build some kind of rig to place the nation on. Both of these options will be quite expensive, but I think it would be cheaper to start with the concrete to have some solid ground.

A 10 sq.km island can't be built on rigs. We need concrete pillars and sand / rock.
You could build parts of it on rigs, however that would quickly become extremely expensive.
But we'll need extremely much concrete and rocks Cheesy

that's a damn good idea Cheesy

we can create a new society, with freedom, no taxes, a utopia!

utopia where we build with donations and help each other and only use cryptocurrencies Cheesy
What we'll have to do is either to sink a lot of concrete blocks into the waters until we have an island to build from, or build some kind of rig to place the nation on. Both of these options will be quite expensive, but I think it would be cheaper to start with the concrete to have some solid ground.

A 10 sq.km island can't be built on rigs. We need concrete pillars and sand / rock.
You could build parts of it on rigs, however that would quickly become extremely expensive.
But we'll need extremely much concrete and rocks Cheesy
legendary
if you build it, they will come!

That's the plan!

bitcoin mining is a big industry i've heard     Wink

Yes... bitcoin mining will be important.

My choice is Saya de Malha. Any objections?

I second that. The best location in the international waters.

Thank you. May be now it is the time to calculate the amount of funding required to build an artificial island there. I am planning for a 10 sq.km island. Any objections for that?

not really a good idea, what if the water level rises? Cheesy

isn't there somewhere a uninhabited island we could settle on? Cheesy

Thank you. May be now it is the time to calculate the amount of funding required to build an artificial island there. I am planning for a 10 sq.km island. Any objections for that?

I suppose you better figure out how many people are really willing to live in the island first

Otherwise you may waste your funding to build a large island with almost no people there

if you build it, they will come!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

Beware:
Crazy Bitcoin Nerds take over island that eats other islands!
This one will draw plenty of negative attention.
Activity: 252

that size is ok however before building our own little nation what would be the source of income there? i bet fishing would be the 1st and how about the poultry? are we able to build a farm there?

bitcoin mining is a big industry i've heard     Wink
legendary
reserve 2 hectares for me pls Grin

Hmm.. you want 2 ha. out of a 1,000 ha. island? Sorry mate. We don't have that much land available. I can give you 1,000 square meters max (0.1 ha.)

No. We can't claim that. Legally, it is a part of Japan.
Pages:
Jump to: