Pages:
Author

Topic: [BET] Trump or not Trump 2020, eddie13 vs suchmoon - page 53. (Read 11316 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Hm, this is interesting. Give me a few days to think it over.

I don't think that Pence has any shot of being elected if Trump was to be impeached and found guility, dies, etc. I think that if Trump is gone, Pence is probably going to go with him and the GOP has no shot of winning.

So yeah, going to think that one over and shoot back to ya here with my thoughts.

Sure, no problem.

It'd be worth the comedy value alone if you pick Hillary for a hedge Grin

The real hedge is to pick Biden Smiley

But yes, it would be worth the comedy value IMO to pick someone like Hillary, Bloomberg, etc.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

I don't think that Pence has any shot of being elected if Trump was to be impeached and found guility, dies, etc. I think that if Trump is gone, Pence is probably going to go with him and the GOP has no shot of winning.

So yeah, going to think that one over and shoot back to ya here with my thoughts.

Sure, no problem.

It'd be worth the comedy value alone if you pick Hillary for a hedge Grin
legendary
I mean if those were the conditions, I think you'd have to pay more in the event that Trump does win -- as you're missing a good deal of conditions in that one. This one is fair, as it's 1:1 with a good deal of conditions ensuring that as I said before, both sides are happy.

I'd be willing to make a bet like that, let me know.

Do you mean you'd want to do a 1:1 with the same conditions like the OP? Boring Smiley

How about this: pick Trump and one other person who you think would be elected if Trump dies etc, can be a Republican or a Democrat, doesn't matter. Let's say you pick Trump+Pence, if either of them is elected President - you win, if not - I win, no other conditions, even-money bet (1:1). Then your risk (other than Trump losing) is only (1) something catastrophic/unconstitutional; or (2) if you picked the wrong 2nd person, e.g. Pence is impeached along with Trump LOL.

Actually I haven't checked what odds bookies are offering for Pence, I might be too generous here Grin

legendary
I mean if those were the conditions, I think you'd have to pay more in the event that Trump does win -- as you're missing a good deal of conditions in that one. This one is fair, as it's 1:1 with a good deal of conditions ensuring that as I said before, both sides are happy.

Do you mean you'd want to do a 1:1 with the same conditions like the OP? Boring Smiley

How about this: pick Trump and one other person who you think would be elected if Trump dies etc, can be a Republican or a Democrat, doesn't matter. Let's say you pick Trump+Pence, if either of them is elected President - you win, if not - I win, no other conditions, even-money bet (1:1). Then your risk (other than Trump losing) is only (1) something catastrophic/unconstitutional; or (2) if you picked the wrong 2nd person, e.g. Pence is impeached along with Trump LOL.

Actually I haven't checked what odds bookies are offering for Pence, I might be too generous here Grin
legendary
Big fan of how this bet was laid out. Makes both sides feel as if they're not cheated in the event of something catastrophic happening or in the event that some Republican senators flip on Trump.

I would still love to have a straight YOLO Trump-all-the-way bet without any conditions. There are definitely some users here who are 100% convinced that the impeachment is a hoax and that the re-election is a done deal. I would consider a bet against that but it would have to be decent-sized multisig-escrowed no-bullshit offer to make it worthwhile.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Let the year-long mutual taunting begin Smiley

Through the next halving at that..
Will this have been a $30,000 bet?
legendary
Code:
suchmoon's address: 18pTKHyCFyr5Gk3LHN4wKke1hUaT3wUnjb
eddie13's address: 1vvSrTFiQY7akwbsv3iYPPe9mR3DsEbff

suchmoon agrees to pay 0.1 BTC to eddie13 if Donald J Trump wins the 2020 US presidential election, and eddie13 agrees to pay 0.1 BTC to suchmoon if Donald J Trump does not win the 2020 US presidential election.

Decision logic:

Election result is considered decided by the Electoral College meeting. If the Electoral College elects Donald J Trump the president of the US following the 2020 US presidential election eddie13 wins the bet, in any other case suchmoon wins the bet except for the draw conditions listed below.

Conditions for a draw (neither side pays the other side):

If there is no presidential election in 2020.
    If Donald J Trump is not on the ballot in at least 26 states.
    If the Electoral College doesn't meet by midnight January 31, 2021.

Additional terms:

EC decision is final regardless of popular vote, pledged electors, unfaithful electors etc.
    No presidential election in 2020 (martial law, martians invading, etc) means a draw.
    Donald J Trump not running for any reason (primaried out, dead, impeached, etc) means a draw even if he wins via write-in.
    Any other candidate getting elected (democrat, republican, third party, etc) means suchmoon wins.
    If Donald J Trump is elected but doesn't get sworn in (dies, goes to prison, moves to Slovenia, etc) eddie13 wins.

Signed 2019-12-09

1vvSrTFiQY7akwbsv3iYPPe9mR3DsEbff
IJ1eqLjiIGXk7byYYqPViHKqJ3eYfTP1ttyDbTqy2ji4UyWoM7cBb++FT7F0HAnt/C6wAwc4TAlMWVXKZO2w1nk=

Edit: Accepted and now considered official..

Verified. Thank you. Let the year-long mutual taunting begin Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
Code:

suchmoon agrees to pay 0.1 BTC to eddie13 if Donald J Trump wins the 2020 US presidential election, and eddie13 agrees to pay 0.1 BTC to suchmoon if Donald J Trump does not win the 2020 US presidential election.

Decision logic:

Election result is considered decided by the Electoral College meeting. If the Electoral College elects Donald J Trump the president of the US following the 2020 US presidential election eddie13 wins the bet, in any other case suchmoon wins the bet except for the draw conditions listed below.

Additional terms:

EC decision is final regardless of popular vote, pledged electors, unfaithful electors etc.
    No presidential election in 2020 (martial law, martians invading, etc) means a draw.
    Donald J Trump not running for any reason (primaried out, dead, impeached, etc) means a draw even if he wins via write-in.
    Any other candidate getting elected (democrat, republican, third party, etc) means suchmoon wins.
    If Donald J Trump is elected but doesn't get sworn in (dies, goes to prison, moves to Slovenia, etc) eddie13 wins.

Signed 2019-12-09

1vvSrTFiQY7akwbsv3iYPPe9mR3DsEbff
IJ1eqLjiIGXk7byYYqPViHKqJ3eYfTP1ttyDbTqy2ji4UyWoM7cBb++FT7F0HAnt/C6wAwc4TAlMWVXKZO2w1nk=

Edit: Accepted and now considered official..
legendary
Big fan of how this bet was laid out. Makes both sides feel as if they're not cheated in the event of something catastrophic happening or in the event that some Republican senators flip on Trump.

I would still love to have a straight YOLO Trump-all-the-way bet without any conditions. There are definitely some users here who are 100% convinced that the impeachment is a hoax and that the re-election is a done deal. I would consider a bet against that but it would have to be decent-sized multisig-escrowed no-bullshit offer to make it worthwhile.

legendary

Can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm assuming this sort of betting is also present on ugh -- ETH decentralized sites -- probably not with the same amount of clauses though.
legendary
This is a bet that originated here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53163158
Was accepted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53279557
And refined here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53286386

I'll be using the following address to pay or to receive the winning bet: 18pTKHyCFyr5Gk3LHN4wKke1hUaT3wUnjb

First a simple message to make sure eddie13 can use this address to verify the signature since we had some issues with my first attempt.

Message: suchmoon's address 18pTKHyCFyr5Gk3LHN4wKke1hUaT3wUnjb 2019-12-09
Signature: IBLVkYyFu0b+At6GhZnIQrTSFIufijq5v8DIawA6TQITVHg6LgKrHLahOgTnNrBVZ7ZQDCUdohVmj6nn2bOhkH4=

Now the real bet contract:
Code:

Decision logic:

Additional terms:

Signed 2019-12-09

Signature: INAwQT1w7fOpXmXIgQqru2P1P07FpstW6XRKzaqG1jsdJ4/djFTgQrMgEgvuvuBX3OkjFpsXPFgZLqPu1dfdVvM=

Local rules: this particular bet, as well as betting on 2020 presidential election in general, and discussing the election itself is on topic. Everything else, including the usual P&S bullshit (you know who you are) is not.
Pages:
Jump to: