Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Monarch - Delivery Dates - page 14. (Read 32532 times)

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 18, 2014, 11:22:34 PM
So, yapyap, where were they doing all of this mining at? 

BFL mines with customer equipment, and they own EMC, so it's pretty safe to say they are mining at EMC.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 18, 2014, 11:15:47 PM
Does anyone believe that they will deliver at all ?

with the refunds..sales likely gone...paying for the employees etc..I'm at a loss
why they have not applied for bankruptcy already

are there that many 'noobs' that are buying 65mm stuff from BFL to float their boat?

er also being not a business man...is it may end of the fiscal year? Could they
just be dragging all this out till June 1st then pull the plug? likely I have my
months wrong

flummoxed I am

Searing

Simple answer is that they have been self mining from the GEKO

The Whole BFL story has been about SELF MINING activities
Amazing how you keep trotting out this self-mining FUD... what's funny is simple logic shows you are wrong.  45,000 units shipped... let's say 50% were Jalapenos, that's a minimum 112.5TH.  Even if the other 22,500 were Little Singles (their least sold item), that's another 675TH.  That means at a bare minimum they had more than .8PH and likely much closer to 2PH or higher.  The networks didn't even reach .8PH until mid September, and with AM and Avalon and the rest, they couldn't have had the entire network.  2PH wasn't reached until mid October, and again, there was a lot of other companies involved, so not all of it could be theirs.  But between Oct and Dec the hash rate tripled... right during the time BFL's shipping status was moving the fastest according to their blog.  So, yapyap, where were they doing all of this mining at? 

Note: This isn't a white knight post, nor is it championing, it's merely pointing out that a stupid person is yet again being stupid.  Sadly the trolls here cannot tell the difference without a scorecard.
Activity: 574
May 18, 2014, 11:02:03 PM

with the refunds..sales likely gone...paying for the employees etc..I'm at a loss

are there that many 'noobs' that are buying 65mm stuff from BFL to float their boat?

just be dragging all this out till June 1st then pull the plug? likely I have my
months wrong

flummoxed I am

Searing

Simple answer is that they have been self mining from the GEKO

The Whole BFL story has been about SELF MINING activities
Activity: 553
Solo Miner Legend
May 18, 2014, 12:53:08 PM
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
May 16, 2014, 03:17:01 PM
The truth about delivery dates:
http://pl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFL
May 16, 2014, 11:25:10 AM

of course "miracles' require no proof...the act of 'faith' is enough

Unfortunately BFL is a faith based industry the only miracle is they are still in business.

At this point I am more likely to win the lottery, see a UFO and bigfoot......all while riding a unicorn, before I will see anything from BFL.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
May 16, 2014, 11:09:57 AM
No, its not luck. (So sorry, no high probability for getting a supermodel GF, hate to burst your bubble Wink )

Sonny has been warned by his "supervised release" judge that his company smells like fraud and if more cases will be won against BFL he will go back to jail.

He will be under court supervision for the next two years.

He only narrowly escaped going back to prison earlier this year, as he had to appear before a judge.

BTW did you know BFL had at least 16m$ in Paypal preorders alone?

yeah ...not sure how that shakes out I was told back in the day just after paypal stopped refunds is they stopped
them because bfl was out of cash and they canceled any new paypal with bfl that was last fall i think?...not sure if that means
they burned thru 16 million in refunds this last summer/fall including the with in 45 day folks at that time?
(possible i dumped 1/2 in time 180gh ...it is the last 1/2 that took a year that drove me to fits)
Nah, from reading in between the lines, back in late March/April 2013 BFL alluded to the idea that they were refunding PayPal orders via Paypals "send payment" option. If that was the case...and I believed it was back then....they seemed to be [speculation] circumventing the regular refund method with a substitute method on their PayPal merchant account. Very likely to keep PayPal from noticing/flagging a huge number of refund requests by PayPals standard accounting practices. Was it a very good plan to circumvent the quality control and safeguards at PayPal? (If that was indeed the case?)

Anyway, I then exposed/proposed that "IF" this were ever the case, it was indeed crafty...but with one fatal flaw. It would expose BFL's own customers to an incredibly temptation of "double tapping" the refund window. In effect, a BFL customer could see it as BFL having sent them a sort of "freebie" payment out of the blue while still leaving the customer with the open option to still initiate the process of ordering a valid refund request via their control panel.

Hence, possibly opening the door to a sort of PayPal induced pandoras box.

I said as much back then. I recall a very irate Inaba/Josh started attacking me for even mentioning such a possibility. He seemed adamantly concerned about my mentioning of it. Strangely, shortly thereafter, very strangely...PayPal and BFL had an apparent confrontation. Its difficult to pierce the veil of what happened.

I can only guess BFL saw some kind of unknown influx of "proper" refund requests that suddenly made PayPal pounce on their merchant account. Strangely, PayPal seemed to ask BFL to come up with tracking numbers for their customers. (I know the deal since I have undergone that too).

There was a bit of a toss up from customers around that time, many bemoaned sudden influxes of fake tracking numbers that didn't actually show anything. Who knows what that was about? Smiley

Then, if you read in between the lines and speculate on what bled through, apparently BFL was also asked by PayPal to show proof that they had either A) Hardware or B) had a working prototype.

-----------------------

Very surprisingly, the first hacked together, barely functioning (and far over spec) prototype popped up just then. Mystery mystery.

Of course, it was a piece of crap that looked like it was about to blow a fuse. On April fools I believe they "delivered" a prototype to one of the Bitcoin developers. By delivered, I mean neither shipped nor actually leaving the development facility. Apparently a delivery only in name (and affixed to a metal board surrounded by testing equipment @ Butterfly Labs.)

I recall they also just barely missed having to pay a 1000 BTC bet by minutes by protesting that to constitute a shipment to a customer. [??]

-----------------------

After the apparent 45 days you'd expect Paypal to have given. Things went south with PayPal. Their account was likely suspended and they couldn't seemingly take in credit card orders through PayPal from what I could glean. Further passing comments seemed to indicate that at least Josh wasn't happy about Paypal.

They started a rather false campaign to create illusions that they had reached a shipping stage. (And hence no one could ask for refunds anymore) In all that hoopla they [I felt] literally tricked people into signing away their agreement that they were in it for the long haul. I warned folks but too many idiots fell openly for it. Too bad for them.

When they came to realize they had just agreed not to get a refund poof, they were screwed. And shipping was still months away.

People (later helped by a fellow Bitcointalk member) to discharge funds from (what I can only assume) was a frozen account with an unknown number of dollars. A number of people got their money back. Then the account apparently ran dry.

The rest is history?

I've mentioned before in threads that I'm lucky he is a convicted felon...or I'd be soooooo out of luck...i doubt the class action
would have got me a refund by itself ..the combo of the two is my guess

.so who is the saint of bitcoin miners? ....seems they came thru on bfl customers heh

(hmm we need to take a vote...move this to a 'higher plain of argument"....obviously divine intervention IS involved! Smiley

Searing

Nah. But it would be nice if it were.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 15, 2014, 10:22:32 PM
I know may I have been an idiot buying from them.

Now how do you feel?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
May 15, 2014, 10:15:05 PM
Has anyone created a "Damages calculator for Bitcoin" as yet?

I want to punch in:

If I had X Gh that I paid for on this date I would have earned Y bitcoins by Z date when they actually delivered???

http://retrocalc.net/

Be careful its soul destroying
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
May 15, 2014, 02:32:19 AM

Unfortunately BFL is a faith based industry the only miracle is they are still in business.

it is a long...bumper sticker...but would be worth it to see how many people would honk when they read the above heh Smiley

Searing
Activity: 854
May 14, 2014, 02:20:30 PM
Has anyone created a "Damages calculator for Bitcoin" as yet?

I want to punch in:

If I had X Gh that I paid for on this date I would have earned Y bitcoins by Z date when they actually delivered???

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2014, 12:15:29 PM

copper member
Clueless!
May 14, 2014, 03:52:49 AM
No, its not luck. (So sorry, no high probability for getting a supermodel GF, hate to burst your bubble Wink )

Sonny has been warned by his "supervised release" judge that his company smells like fraud and if more cases will be won against BFL he will go back to jail.

He only narrowly escaped going back to prison earlier this year, as he had to appear before a judge.

BTW did you know BFL had at least 16m$ in Paypal preorders alone?

yeah ...not sure how that shakes out I was told back in the day just after paypal stopped refunds is they stopped
them because bfl was out of cash and they canceled any new paypal with bfl that was last fall i think?...not sure if that means
they burned thru 16 million in refunds this last summer/fall including the with in 45 day folks at that time?
(possible i dumped 1/2 in time 180gh ...it is the last 1/2 that took a year that drove me to fits)

I've mentioned before in threads that I'm lucky he is a convicted felon...or I'd be soooooo out of luck...i doubt the class action
would have got me a refund by itself ..the combo of the two is my guess

.so who is the saint of bitcoin miners? ....seems they came thru on bfl customers heh

(hmm we need to take a vote...move this to a 'higher plain of argument"....obviously divine intervention IS involved! Smiley

Searing

Activity: 714
May 14, 2014, 03:06:14 AM

BTW did you know BFL had atleast 16m$ in Paypal preorders alone?
copper member
Clueless!
May 14, 2014, 02:30:28 AM
Wood law firm is bringing a class action against BFL, they even have an online form you can fill out if you where harmed.

I think contacting them will be your best bet.

did so getting together what little i have to send them....
all they have to do is go on to bfl forums last year..if they
get on shoutbox and see Searing and .read me getting
banned and the exchanges with josh etc...and then contact me

heh....i prove I'm me they find it in chat. the web of lies
floating around ....and viola

but myself....i punted that stuff a long time ago..due to
the one thing i was sure of I'd NEVER EVER get a refund from
bfl and from my previous attempts small claims/ftc paypal
exec committee dispute all an EPIC FAIL  last august/sept 2013

(notice how i put the year up there in case this thread is
still about and monarchs still don't ship ..best to be prepared Smiley)

so i'm somewhat unsure of reality in that i did get a refund
it is disconcerting .hmmmmm....perhaps I really do have a
shot with Kate Upton ..the odds are better then my BFL
refund happing imho Smiley

Searing
Activity: 714
May 14, 2014, 02:19:48 AM
Wood law firm is bringing a class action against BFL, they even have an online form you can fill out if you where harmed.

I think contacting them will be your best bet.
copper member
Clueless!
May 14, 2014, 02:16:44 AM

months wrong

flummoxed I am

Searing
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2014, 12:54:06 AM
I am predicting they start shipping mid feb for that preordered early,i think bfl will get it right from now on as there have the money to higher more staff

Nope... try again. Mid-May now. How about August 2014?
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
May 14, 2014, 12:39:51 AM
Here's the Monarch delivery progress:
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014

May 2014?

Remember, “initial shipping” of Monarchs was promised in November/December 2013 (red underlines added):

You can see the above page for yourself here in the Wayback Machine Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20130831125627/http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch

Here's the progress on your refund:
Two WeeksTM
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
May 14, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

I apply for the refund 1 month ago.

I hope I recover some money before they evaporate.

Juan
Pages:
Jump to: