Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 16. (Read 34822 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2012, 03:10:14 PM
Sort of... instead of a blueberry, it's quite possible we will turn you into one of our henchman:

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
September 26, 2012, 02:52:59 PM
Will it be like willy wonka? Can I come and visit and get turned into a giant blueberry? If I'm good do I get to keep the factory?
legendary
September 26, 2012, 02:21:56 PM
I'm hoping next week we will begin the process.  I was hoping the end of this week, but it's taking a bit longer than I'd like.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 26, 2012, 02:19:12 PM
Our new facility was selected (and is being built out) specifically with security in mind.

That's great but still doesn't explain the immense hesitation to give out a current address. With this level of paranoia you really shouldn't be mocking those suspicious of BFL.

But I guess if you are going to continue to stonewall I might as well ask: What is the estimated move in date on your new facility?
legendary
Activity: 952
September 26, 2012, 02:14:31 PM
Our new facility was selected (and is being built out) specifically with security in mind.
Ima steal all ur ASICS! MWAHAHA!
legendary
September 26, 2012, 02:12:08 PM
September 26, 2012, 02:01:23 PM
There are plenty of businesses* with more valuable information and items to secure who have their addresses posted publicly. Why make a post like this "We'll fly in people to inspect" but balk at providing a current address of operations?

*Operating out of office parks with only basic security measures.
September 26, 2012, 01:29:19 PM
I think he's referring to this post:

Because we are setting up our new manufacturing facility, I am not giving out the address until the contracts are finalized.

How about a current address?
legendary
Activity: 952
September 26, 2012, 01:27:36 PM
See my answer in the other thread.
There are a lot of "other threads" about BFL. Can you give us a link?
legendary
September 26, 2012, 01:18:59 PM
See my answer in the other thread.
September 26, 2012, 01:18:07 PM
Can you at least give us an address?
legendary
September 26, 2012, 01:03:10 PM
We are discussing the possibility of an open house type event internally in addition to an "official" person verifying things as well.  No, I don't have a date on when that might be as of yet.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 26, 2012, 12:52:56 PM
I'm tempted to fly out there myself on my own dollar, partially to do my own research before I make the purchase, and partially just to satisfy my curio city about what a BTC hardware business looks like (plus I wouldn't mind meeting some of the people). However, since I have already "defended" BFL from some of the more unsubstantiated accusations out there, I doubt anything I report back will be of any value.
I'm sure any one of the BTC developers will work though. Unless you want to remain secretive regarding visuals, I'm sure a live video stream of your facilities will work as well, and will be way cheaper than airfare.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 26, 2012, 12:38:59 PM
@Davidspitzer, I don't think it's at all pessimistic to request their address of operations. My request has so far gone unanswered instead we have posts like yours engaging the trollish side of thread discussions. I mean they are offering to fly people in to alleviate concerns yet no address has been given officially for where their assembly takes place. It's great to say "I've been there I've seen them at work. Here are pictures." But where is here?

Feeding the trolls? "This post is also a social experiment to see if the person(s) who I refrained from naming can resist posting another random tirade in response. Anyone want to lay odds?"

Your inability to resist replying (a deliciously ironic one, Ill give you), is unfortunate.  My original point, is BFL is attempting to answer your questions by inviting members of the community, (on their dime) onsite in order that they can report back. Asking the same tired questions over and over again will not speed their answering. (are we there yet, are we there yet...) BFL seems to be attempting to answer peoples questions, if only there is some patience, allowing them to do so. Given the sheer volume of inquiries it will take some time to appease everyone's inquiries.

This is the only reply on this matter I will give. I am sure others will feel compelled to retort and attack but they will have to do so in a vacuum and I implore others to do the same. I do not intend to debate with anyone or "feed the trolls". I must confess I really enjoyed being called a troll, in response to a plea for civility. I understand that social dynamics are, at best, a twisted version of the real world. That does not mean you have to sink to that level and engage in behavior and discourse that, regardless of your assertions to the contrary, you would never do in a face to face communication.

Your questions have been asked. Please give BFL the common courtesy of working through the answers for you. Plus it makes it extremely hard to filter out the incessant noise so that one can actually hear the real information.
Activity: 742
September 26, 2012, 12:37:02 PM
At the risk of the trolls following me back here again, I cast my vote for gmaxwell and JoelKatz.

*runs away*

I still vote for you;) You'll anyway write a post about this:)

Oh I'd write the hell out of it, to be sure. I'm simply saying that while I have a fair background in EE there is almost certainly someone with a better EE background who could coax much more information from a PCB than myself. While I'd love a tour of BFL I think the community might be better served if I had followup interviews with the folks who do go. It will end up on the blog either way, rest assured.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 26, 2012, 12:17:58 PM
Actually - since my name was mentioned - but I am certainly not going
I might as well put up 2 names:

sunbreak and ChipGeek

They both seem to know quite a bit, they seem to be 2 different areas of expertise and so far I don't think anyone has anything bad to say about either of them Smiley
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
September 26, 2012, 12:16:34 PM
I retract my name. There would be to much drama involved and I would like to stay away from it.
September 26, 2012, 12:11:48 PM
@Davidspitzer, I don't think it's at all pessimistic to request their address of operations. My request has so far gone unanswered instead we have posts like yours engaging the trollish side of thread discussions. I mean they are offering to fly people in to alleviate concerns yet no address has been given officially for where their assembly takes place. It's great to say "I've been there I've seen them at work. Here are pictures." But where is here?

Feeding the trolls? "This post is also a social experiment to see if the person(s) who I refrained from naming can resist posting another random tirade in response. Anyone want to lay odds?"
Activity: 252
September 26, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
At the risk of the trolls following me back here again, I cast my vote for gmaxwell and JoelKatz.

*runs away*

I still vote for you;) You'll anyway write a post about this:)
Activity: 630
September 26, 2012, 11:48:49 AM
I guess a courteous offer for a free trip, disclosure and reporting back on the BFL operational facilities was not sufficient to prevent the same people, from presenting the same negative arguments over again.  It reminds me of this joke:

=======================

A family had twin boys whose only resemblance to each other was their looks. If one felt it was too hot, the other thought it was too cold. If one said the TV was too loud, the other claimed the volume needed to be turned up. Opposite in every way, one was an eternal optimist, the other a doom and gloom pessimist.

Just to see what would happen, on the twins' birthday their father loaded the pessimist's room with every imaginable toy and game. The optimist's room he loaded with horse manure.

That night the father passed by the pessimist's room and found him sitting amid his new gifts crying bitterly.

"Why are you crying?" the father asked.

"Because my friends will be jealous, I'll have to read all these instructions before I can do anything with this stuff, I'll constantly need batteries, and my toys will eventually get broken." answered the pessimist twin.

Passing the optimist twin's room, the father found him dancing for joy in the pile of manure. "What are you so happy about?" he asked.

To which his optimist twin replied, "There's got to be a pony in here somewhere!"

===============
Look for the Pony....
Perhaps we could give optimism a try, give BFL the opportunity to prove itself and last but not least put a hold on the repetitive negative threads which are tedious and no longer add any value.

I do not know anyone well enough, in particular to nominate, but I Applaud BFL for this move and look forward to hearing the lucky travelers account.

This post is also a social experiment to see if the person(s) who I refrained from naming can resist posting another random tirade in response. Anyone want to lay odds?

Keep up the great effort BFL

Thanks

David
Pages:
Jump to: