Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 17. (Read 34822 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
September 26, 2012, 11:12:33 AM
I vote for Gmaxwell.
I don't think Luke-Jr's lap dog would be appropriate ...
Anyone who would be "his" Lap-Dog would be easily compromised ...

Cancel that, I vote gmaxwell for both spots so kano doesn't get one.  Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 26, 2012, 11:02:13 AM
At the risk of the trolls following me back here again, I cast my vote for gmaxwell and JoelKatz.

*runs away*
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
September 26, 2012, 09:53:01 AM
I'll take a 1,200 mile round trip road trip one weekend (Provided someone pays standard mileage) and record everything that they will let me take pictures/video of.

I would like to mention that I am a completely neutral party in this, and have the ability to grasp technical info. I will sign an NDA about processes used if required.

Really I just want someone to produce a product.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 26, 2012, 09:41:39 AM
What's the office address for BFL in KC?
Their Contact Us page says they just have a PO box, but then it also links to an address.

This is why I'm asking for the working office address straight from BFL Josh. Is this (25E East 12th Street) the working office address for Butterfly Labs, Inc.? If not what is the correct address?

BFL Josh/Inaba can you take a minute out of your argument with Reeses and provide an answer for this? I mean you are offering to fly people in to inspect BFL operations so it shouldn't be a big deal to state officially what the operating office address is (not a PO Box).
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
September 26, 2012, 09:25:14 AM
I vote for Gmaxwell.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 252
September 26, 2012, 09:22:48 AM
Can you imagine how annoying reeses and Inaba would be if they were in the same room? Let's try to stay on topic.
Also this doesn't really seem like the place for character assassination. Vote people up instead of trying to tear them down.

I don't think clearances should be considered as a qualification for this trip. As ||bit pointed out, #1 that's kinda stupid, #2 how in the hell can you verify it besides waving a piece of paper around? I don't think anybody wants to call whatever organization takes care of clearances.

Vote for OneMiner because I'm less annoying and loud.  Tongue

This thread only makes sense if you have this two on ignore.
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
September 26, 2012, 09:14:39 AM
I don't think clearances should be considered as a qualification for this trip.

The clearances aren't justification for him going. It's part of the reason for why he doesn't want to go. If he does, then he would need to self-report his association with Sonny due to Sonny's criminal background. This is what you are supposed to do because if you don't and they find out, they will pull your clearance, although I don't feel this reporting would make a difference. I do wonder if he has reported his association with Trendon, but pirate hasn't been prosecuted yet.

It doesn't matter anyway, reece doesn't need an excuse to not go, he could say that airplane seats are too damn small and that should be good enough.

Activity: 98
Merit: 13
September 26, 2012, 08:53:48 AM
Can you imagine how annoying reeses and Inaba would be if they were in the same room? Let's try to stay on topic.
Also this doesn't really seem like the place for character assassination. Vote people up instead of trying to tear them down.

I don't think clearances should be considered as a qualification for this trip. As ||bit pointed out, #1 that's kinda stupid, #2 how in the hell can you verify it besides waving a piece of paper around? I don't think anybody wants to call whatever organization takes care of clearances.

Vote for OneMiner because I'm less annoying and loud.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 26, 2012, 07:11:08 AM
I vote for Gmaxwell.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 26, 2012, 05:05:42 AM
I don't "work for" competition. I developed an opensource bitstream, with some incentive from Enterpoint (but mostly funded through a community bounty). I'm also open to porting that bitstream to other boards. It's fully open-source.

I did say in my post I'm currently "aligned" with their competition though. But I can be professional and impartial. It's hardly a conflict of interest. More open manufacturers in the ASIC space is good for bitcoin. Period. I may not trust BFL very much right now, but that's because some of their practices earlier on have been questionable to be honest (in my opinion of course). But this is an opportunity for them to set the record straight, and I am willing to help (if they are honest about being open). But as I said, I won't "hide" information.

Whoever ends up going, (if anyone) I would highly suggest someone already sceptical of BFL though. Proving yourself to an existing supporter means nothing. Proving yourself to a sceptic carries a LOT more weight.

In addition I would  reccomend whoever ends up going open up to the community for a list of "proof" they would like to see. such as
- Questions to get answers to
- Specific technical details
- Things to photograph
and so on. The list can then be compiled, and reviewed by BFL. If they don't feel comfortable disclosing some of the points on the list, they can offer explanations why up front. That way the trip has defined expectations up front. If someone goes, with a list of things to find out, then gets stifled by an NDA of some kind or whatever, or can't find the answers to half of the questions the community wants, it's worth nothing to BFL, and it's a waste of the traveller's time. (and a waste of time for the community).

Good answer. I stand corrected Smiley (I also hope you get Bitcoind Syndicate recover from that disaster, good luck!)
Activity: 533
September 26, 2012, 04:13:20 AM
  Without trying to be too shameless, I would like to throw in a vote for myself.

Been mining for about a year at ~5GH/sec
  Haven't owned anything BFL but do have some gear on order
  Not an expert with enginnering or programming but can do some webdesign and run two businesses (photography and data processing)
  Used to covering business and conventions as Press and familiar with reporting and objectinate in reviews.
  In the midwest so travel wouldn't be (as) far.

I can supply:
  Kill-A-Watt
  If driving - my full tower.  If flying - a standard laptop
  Canon 5DII and 24-105 f/4 / 70-200 f/2.8 / 1080p video / shotgun mic / tripod etc.

Activity: 336
September 26, 2012, 03:46:47 AM
I vote for yochdog, death and taxes, graet, joelkatz, pyramining, or etotheipi. I would also trust reeses to do this but whatever.

Inaba, very cool thread and sorry it turned into a flame thread anyway. If any of these got to inspect the progress and had good things to say, I would seriously consider getting into mining and placing an order with BFL.
Activity: 700
September 26, 2012, 03:40:18 AM
Death & Taxes
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
September 26, 2012, 03:35:17 AM
A cockmongering buffoon.Now THAT'S FUNNY  Grin

I thought you would do better than that Tongue

So,in other words,you didn't tell her about silk road or money luandering.Shame on you  Angry

I didn't want to be too mean, because you actually raised some valid points.  But most people who don't like me feel that way because I enjoy mixing completely inappropriate and improbable insults in with my posts.

I know almost nothing about Silk Road and have never visited it, but I do know it exists and apparently has a lot of BTC.  I'm not really that interested in it.  I do know about the money laundering capabilities because I have a background with MSBs and the AML/KYC stuff that a number of the growing businesses have had to deal with.  However, again, I've never had a discussion about these with my wife because a) she'd find it boring and b) it's the same as dealing with just about anything on the Internet, especially involving money.

I can't go for a couple reasons.  The only necessary one is that my wife has an insane security clearance, meaning that I have to be cleared as well.  Given what is documented about Sonny, I cannot risk her job because of a forum.  Not because she makes a lot, but because she really likes litigating and would divorce me in a hot second if I engaged in illicit activity.  Undecided  

Now hold on,you said you told her all there is to know about Bitcoin,but not about the bad stuff,because "she would be bored".But her job could be in jeopardy if they did find out,right??

So,in other words IF something were to happen & she lost her job because of this info coming to light,she would say you lied to her,dontcha think??

BTW,be as mean as want,it matters not in the least to me.You rank up there with mem & desolator as far I'm concerned.

He's also posted 386 times before that one, and never once mentioned his questionable past. See the difference?

Very clever  Wink
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
September 26, 2012, 02:40:03 AM
Let me make my reasoning more succinct.

I cannot knowingly associate with convicted criminals who have engaged in crimes of moral turpitude, especially those involving money.

This is admitted to.  By coming to KC, I would have to answer to that.

And do not act the aggrieved party.  Grow a pair and man up.  You're better than this.
Didn't you trade with and defend on the forums pirate, who was running an obvious ponzi scam?

I did trade with pirate, and in retrospect, much like imsaguy (without the PPT), looking back on what started innocently enough, it's pretty darned obvious I should have been more careful.

This is the first time ever that I see you admit being wrong.

The fact you almost never admit it is precisely why people draw you into endless arguments. Case in point: your argument with Inaba right here. If you recognize this, you may have a chance to improve your reputation...
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
September 26, 2012, 02:35:31 AM
Slush or Graet or Eulethria, or whoever they nominate
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 26, 2012, 02:29:30 AM
Please don't turn this into a flame fest or some other off topic discussion.  I will lock the thread and promptly forget about it if so.

I would like to know what one or two individuals (in the US preferably, unless the non-US person wants to pony up a ticket) that Bitcoin Talk community would nominate and accept as credible, verifiable individuals to be flown here to KC sometime around the end of October/Beginning of November time frame to see our facility, inspect the manufacturing equipment and test out the devices.  We don't have an exact date yet as to when we would do this, but I would like to get the ball rolling as far as names in the hat and see if there's even a vague consensus on who the individual(s) might be.

I know this Inaba dude, he's in KC, but I hear he's kind of a jerk.

I'd like to volunteer to evaluate the whole BFL process & new products, and meet the people behind the scenes. I'm already on record as a skeptic of sorts (i.e. burned by a real ponzi scheme that was shut down by the FBI), and have made my share of complaints as a BFL customer. If the forum wants an analytical critic in there, I'm that guy. Read my posts from around May/June/July or August.

||bit
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 26, 2012, 01:55:26 AM
Keep tellin' your self that, champ.  Whatever makes you feel better about your fake clearance.

I suspect the real reason you're begging off the list is because you don't want to be made to look like an idiot in front of the whole bitcoin talk world when you're forced to admit BFL is actually producing ASICs.  It's going to be bad enough when someone else confirms it, but it would be a double blow to your poor little ego if you had to actually do the dirty work yourself.  It's ok little man, we won't laugh too much at you.  I can't wait to see the back pedaling you do after we start shipping.  

(That's not true, at least in private we will be laughing out assess off at you, but you didn't hear that from me.)

Technically, if I recall correctly, someone holding an active TS is not suppose to even divulge that fact unless there is a need to know.

||bit

NTK is pretty open to interpretation because it's implicit in so many job listings and candidate searches.  The number of TS holders is public knowledge.

I think I had missed Inaba's post before, the one you quote.  I said it wasn't reverse psychology.  You are blathering as if you offered me a shitty trip to a shitty town to visit you (wow, what a way to spend a day!), when you didn't.  I didn't turn down anything offered.  I merely recused myself for specific reasons.  You have been attempting to create a smokescreen about a tiny aspect of my reason for not going rather than addressing your issues.

Dissembling.

I understand that disclosing it is not strictly enforced. Keeping one's clearance unkown was a practice I recalled as typical long ago. It made sense. After all, if a foreign agent wanted to screen for people that have access to information of TS nature, someone advertising their clearance is only helping them. Now they can work on ways to compromise that person. Therefore, at the least, it should be treated as confidential.

FWIW: http://govwin.com/lindleyashline_blog/should-you-disclose-your-security/99543

||bit
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2012, 01:49:04 AM
Yes, I see you lying again.  I'm not sure that qualifies as a "difference" though?

Please provide evidence for where I lied about my company.  Are you seriously trying to deny that Sonny was involved in gaming and that the patent application does not exist?  There is ample proof of both, the fact that you are claiming there isn't is yet another lie.

I made a statement based on your lack of understanding of the vetting process for people working for the federal government.  You provided evidence to the contrary.  I admitted that there is a difference, and why I came to that conclusion.

There you go again, more lies.  MY misunderstanding?  It's YOUR misunderstand we are discussing here... you made the claim that visiting the BFL offices would put your security clearance at risk:

The only necessary one is that my wife has an insane security clearance, meaning that I have to be cleared as well.  Given what is documented about Sonny, I cannot risk her job because of a forum.  Not because she makes a lot, but because she really likes litigating and would divorce me in a hot second if I engaged in illicit activity.

I pointed out the fact that you were feeding everyone a line of bullshit, since it is bullshit.  Otherwise, why do you retain your security clearance after your association with Pirate?  This is disregarding the fact that even if there was no pirate connection with you, it's still BS.  I pointed out the fact that I actually have held a TSSCI security clearance, whereas you have not.  You called me a liar, made a claim to the contrary as if you had some sort of factual knowledge of the subject, I proved that you did not and that you lied.

Do you see the difference here?  You made claims that were demonstrably false.  I have not.  I have shown you exactly where your claims were false. I have documented them on several occasions and you continue to make false claims, but have yet to provide a single shred of evidence to support your claims.

You get really worked up, don't you?

Classic ad hominem attack when you know you've been caught red handed in a lie.  Wern't you just accusing me of that a few posts ago?  Problem is, I back up my statements with evidence, you just spew crap out and hope that people believe your BS.

Again, does your wife know you're a serial liar and have been lying to her by omission for quite awhile now?

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
September 26, 2012, 01:44:07 AM
In either case, it was a lie.  You lied.  Own up to it like a man at least.  You, sir are a liar, plain and simple.  Given the fact that you've lied about your own security clearance and then proceeded to lie about mine, I wonder what else you're lying about.  You've already admitted to lying to your wife through omission (or is that also a lie?) Are you a serial liar or something?
I need to frame this quote on my wall.
Pages:
Jump to: