Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 14. (Read 34822 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
September 28, 2012, 05:00:37 PM
Actually, the Jalapeno would be a great hermit crab / lizard heat pad.  New market!  Earn money while your pets bask in the glow of bitcoin!

Ahh,here's an idea to get the wife on your side,"But it's a baby food warmer honey!! & it'll pay for the food!!!"  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
September 28, 2012, 02:37:49 PM
Actually, the Jalapeno would be a great hermit crab / lizard heat pad.  New market!  Earn money while your pets bask in the glow of bitcoin!

woo!
c_k
donator
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
September 28, 2012, 02:37:04 PM
I vote abracadabra - he is an exceptionally smart, mature guy well suited to the task Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2012, 02:00:01 PM

if powered with solar, this is not a bad idea Smiley 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 28, 2012, 01:30:29 PM
Hmmm... Rather than buying Gerbing's heated motorcycle gear, keep a few Jalapeno in your boots and inner pockets hooked up to a Bluetooth USB hub, running mining software on your smartphone.

You'd be the only biker running that kind of hash.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
September 28, 2012, 12:23:55 PM

legendary
Hello!
September 28, 2012, 12:05:25 PM
Yeah, about the coffee thing...if a Jalapeno is able to warm a cup of coffee, how many cups of coffee you can warm with a MiniRig?

Doesn't matter, no coffee allowed in the data center.  Tongue

You could test with Tea then!
I was going to use my asics to warm a hermit crab tank...
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
September 28, 2012, 07:55:02 AM
Yeah, about the coffee thing...if a Jalapeno is able to warm a cup of coffee, how many cups of coffee you can warm with a MiniRig?

You could test with Tea then!
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
September 28, 2012, 06:53:57 AM
Are you talking about the SpinRite guy Steve Gibson?  I have heard him talking about Bitcoin on Security Now on the TWiT network.  I don't think he checks his e-mail though. I think he would be a good candidate to report on the status of BFL ASIC!

http://www.grc.com/stevegibson.htm  

Yep, that's the one.  That BFL_Josh dude wanted someone reputable to visit the factory.  First I thought of myself, then reality set in, so I suggested Steve as he is the only reputable person I know of in the bitcoin community. Smiley
Sam

Edit: added smiley

He would probably do more bitcoin promoting again on TWiT if he went too. Get more people using it and drive the price up!

Leo wouldn't like that.  Would have to wait for him to go on vacation again.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
September 28, 2012, 06:45:45 AM

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
September 28, 2012, 02:18:12 AM
I'm going to anticipate the next argument and say that I have zero problem with the visitors testing the devices on the live blockchain.

Is there any other way to test a mini rig?  Roll Eyes

What features or funtions need testing (besides hashing)?  Tongue

Durability: drop test from bench height.
Office proof: coffee spill test (coffee must have at least one teaspoon of sweetner).
Weather: lightening strike (must withstand at least one 21GWatt strike).
Security: basic burglary proof test (must remain in an open garage unstolen for 72 hours).

....others?

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 28, 2012, 01:57:44 AM
I'm going to anticipate the next argument and say that I have zero problem with the visitors testing the devices on the live blockchain.

What features or funtions need testing (besides hashing)?  Tongue

Durability: drop test from bench height.
Office proof: coffee spill test (coffee must have at least one teaspoon of sweetner).
Weather: lightening strike (must withstand at least one 21GWatt strike).
Security: basic burglary proof test (must remain in an open garage unstolen for 72 hours).

....others?

||bit
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
September 27, 2012, 11:56:07 PM
Are you talking about the SpinRite guy Steve Gibson?  I have heard him talking about Bitcoin on Security Now on the TWiT network.  I don't think he checks his e-mail though. I think he would be a good candidate to report on the status of BFL ASIC!

http://www.grc.com/stevegibson.htm  

Yep, that's the one.  That BFL_Josh dude wanted someone reputable to visit the factory.  First I thought of myself, then reality set in, so I suggested Steve as he is the only reputable person I know of in the bitcoin community. Smiley
Sam

Edit: added smiley

He would probably do more bitcoin promoting again on TWiT if he went too. Get more people using it and drive the price up!

I'd like to go, but I'm just some IT guy.  There seem to be a lot of IT people here.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
September 27, 2012, 12:05:55 PM
./drool
legendary
Activity: 1008
September 27, 2012, 11:47:12 AM

I just happened across this... not sure if its true/real

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1225386
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
September 27, 2012, 11:22:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
September 27, 2012, 11:22:21 AM

Me neither, as long as they test 1THsh rigs with my account.
Sam
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
September 27, 2012, 09:54:09 AM
The whole idea of the visit is about PR and proving to everybody that the hardware works. Without an independent tester the trip is worthless. Beyond worthless really.
legendary
Hello!
September 27, 2012, 09:13:09 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to nominate any of the following:

• Gavin Andresen
  • Yochdog
  • Death&Taxes
  • Steve Gibson

Thanks for your consideration.

Could we get at least somebody that shows up with his own laptop, his own test software and his own power meter? From distant memory, the last person visiting BFL to check out their mythical product had none of the above and depended on the equipment they provided (and ended up working for them). A matter of weeding out the rumors of faked specs ;-)

If you take me, I will test running units to see if they are waterproof, even if they tell me not to and assure they aren't. They could be lying and not want us to mine underwater.

But really, since THEY are inviting us to come I think it might be kind of rude to go there and start testing things. Like if you invited me over for dinner promising me turkey, and while you cooked it I started making sure you cooked it to the correct temperature, etc.

But if they are willing to let you test the stuff for yourself DOOO ITTT
legendary
Activity: 1112
September 27, 2012, 04:03:10 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to nominate any of the following:

• Gavin Andresen
  • Yochdog
  • Death&Taxes
  • Steve Gibson

Thanks for your consideration.

Could we get at least somebody that shows up with his own laptop, his own test software and his own power meter? From distant memory, the last person visiting BFL to check out their mythical product had none of the above and depended on the equipment they provided (and ended up working for them). A matter of weeding out the rumors of faked specs ;-)
Pages:
Jump to: