Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL Requests Input - page 15. (Read 34822 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
September 27, 2012, 12:11:05 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to nominate any of the following:

• Gavin Andresen
  • Yochdog
  • Death&Taxes
  • Steve Gibson

Thanks for your consideration.

Omg, why has noone nominated RJK yet?!
I kind of thought the same thing when I didn't see a Gavin nomination, so there it is (apologies if I missed someone else's Gavin nomination).
I won't be able to go though.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2012, 11:50:27 PM

• Gavin Andresen
  • Yochdog
  • Death&Taxes
  • Steve Gibson

Omg, why has noone nominated RJK yet?!
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
September 26, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

• Gavin Andresen
  • Yochdog
  • Death&Taxes
  • Steve Gibson

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
September 26, 2012, 11:30:02 PM
We are discussing the possibility of an open house type event internally in addition to an "official" person verifying things as well.  No, I don't have a date on when that might be as of yet.

Really like the open house idea Josh, hope you'll can do this so that more folks can check out the facility.

Wish it was closer to Thanks Giving though, i'm heading down to st Louis to be with the family around that time.
Activity: 467
September 26, 2012, 11:27:25 PM
Our current facility is not geared for pick ups.  The new facility will be more suited to it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Say yes to pickups, and I will be there.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 26, 2012, 10:09:46 PM
Maybe BFL can show how people who have previously done something wrong can change and be forgiven, and fly in Matthew N Wright  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1876
September 26, 2012, 09:56:56 PM

I still think sunbreak and yochdog are the public choices so far...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
September 26, 2012, 09:07:57 PM
Are you talking about the SpinRite guy Steve Gibson?  I have heard him talking about Bitcoin on Security Now on the TWiT network.  I don't think he checks his e-mail though. I think he would be a good candidate to report on the status of BFL ASIC!

http://www.grc.com/stevegibson.htm  

Yep, that's the one.  That BFL_Josh dude wanted someone reputable to visit the factory.  First I thought of myself, then reality set in, so I suggested Steve as he is the only reputable person I know of in the bitcoin community. Smiley
Sam

Edit: added smiley
That guy and yochdog.
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
September 26, 2012, 08:58:37 PM
Are you talking about the SpinRite guy Steve Gibson?  I have heard him talking about Bitcoin on Security Now on the TWiT network.  I don't think he checks his e-mail though. I think he would be a good candidate to report on the status of BFL ASIC!

Yep, that's the one.  That BFL_Josh dude wanted someone reputable to visit the factory.  First I thought of myself, then reality set in, so I suggested Steve as he is the only reputable person I know of in the bitcoin community. Smiley
Sam

Edit: added smiley
legendary
Activity: 3583
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
September 26, 2012, 08:53:15 PM
Has anyone contacted Steve Gibson with regards to coming?

I just posted the link to this thread to his feedback page.  He probably won't click on it though. Smiley
Sam
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
September 26, 2012, 08:48:08 PM
Our current facility is not geared for pick ups.  The new facility will be more suited to it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Weren't you in some kind of discussion with BFL to provide an option to host people's ordered BFL equipment? i.e. Directly taking it from BFL to your business for hosting.

||bit
Yes I know BFL does it for at least one person with some MiniRigs.
Not sure if that's a general option or not though.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
September 26, 2012, 08:34:43 PM
Our current facility is not geared for pick ups.  The new facility will be more suited to it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Weren't you in some kind of discussion with BFL to provide an option to host people's ordered BFL equipment? i.e. Directly taking it from BFL to your business for hosting.

||bit
Activity: 462
September 26, 2012, 07:13:52 PM
If you really want a member of this community, someone who is not swayed by swag, a hat would be nice, but I nominate Yochdog for a member of this community to visit your facility. He is an active member in a lot of the forums and is very helpful to people who are in need, and the one time that he did not finish a deal, he came to the board and told the community that the deal is not gonna happen and apologized to the seller for everyone to see. THAT ALONE, tells me what kind of a person he is! He is an honest and trustworthy member of this community and I think he would be a stellar person to tour your facility.
legendary
Activity: 1260
September 26, 2012, 05:55:48 PM
Our current facility is not geared for pick ups.  The new facility will be more suited to it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 26, 2012, 05:51:52 PM
We are discussing the possibility of an open house type event internally in addition to an "official" person verifying things as well.  No, I don't have a date on when that might be as of yet.

In favor of that.

As a bonus, can we pick up our orders while we're there, save lots of shipping and delay?  Tongue

Damn. Good idea, but I'm guessing no. For me it's only $220 to make that round trip, and shipping is $160, so not much more, but I seem to remember reading that they don't do pick-ups.
Activity: 467
September 26, 2012, 05:35:47 PM
We are discussing the possibility of an open house type event internally in addition to an "official" person verifying things as well.  No, I don't have a date on when that might be as of yet.

In favor of that.

As a bonus, can we pick up our orders while we're there, save lots of shipping and delay?  Tongue
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
September 26, 2012, 04:51:53 PM
Are you talking about the SpinRite guy Steve Gibson?  I have heard him talking about Bitcoin on Security Now on the TWiT network.  I don't think he checks his e-mail though. I think he would be a good candidate to report on the status of BFL ASIC!

Activity: 364
September 26, 2012, 03:26:57 PM
Sort of... instead of a blueberry, it's quite possible we will turn you into one of our henchman:

If somehow I get to go I will dress up like that just for you.

I heard you give a mean hummer too.
legendary
Activity: 1260
September 26, 2012, 03:17:41 PM
Has anyone contacted Steve Gibson with regards to coming?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
September 26, 2012, 03:16:28 PM
Sort of... instead of a blueberry, it's quite possible we will turn you into one of our henchman:

If somehow I get to go I will dress up like that just for you.
Pages:
Jump to: