Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin can be hacked? - page 17. (Read 2742 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
February 09, 2018, 10:39:05 AM
At present Bitcoin system has quite reliable protection against hacking and unauthorized actions. This protection is provided by:
reliable and open source code;
reliable cryptographic algorithm of hash function SHA256;
reliable protection against "51% attack", making it very expensive.
In the whole history of Bitcoin's existence (since 2009), there has not been a single serious incident related to security and burglary, which has led to fatal consequences.
Hacking of crypto-exchange exchanges, or other services on which private keys of users are temporarily stored, is not in fact a breach of the Bitcoin system.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
February 09, 2018, 10:30:20 AM
A users Bitcoin (Crytocurrency) Wallet can be hacked.. That's why we are warned to keep the details of our Bitcoin wallet to ourself and also be careful of the sites where we are needed to enter such details, some the platforms could have programmed by hackers.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168
February 09, 2018, 10:24:04 AM
actually i want to know there is a possibility have to hack this supper e-money, because somebody hack it will be a huge effect for the economy.
pls give your valuable opinion. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Based on my own observation , it will never be hack by someone.Just make sure your account isa safe and secured .I used online which will never be hackable. Is it safe for more than a months of working with bitcoin I am surely that is it safe.
Activity: 182
February 09, 2018, 10:18:57 AM
More likely than a double-spend hack is that the perceived anonymity of bitcoin transactions will be "hacked" via traffic pattern analysis tools.

Every transaction is public forever, and it's quite easy to follow the correlation of keys to individuals with a little bit of code.  Bitcoin's nowhere near as anonymous (or even pseudonymous) as people treat it.
Merit: 1
February 09, 2018, 10:17:50 AM
There is a big difference between hacking BITCOIN and stealing BITCOIN. One need to understand that BITCOIN can not be hacked however it can be stolen from your exchange wallet, your cloud bases wallet or any other source where the internet can reach. If you want to save your BITCOIN you can store them in hardware wallets like trezzor or ledger s. So BITCOIN can not be hacked, it can be stolen and transferred from your wallet to the hacker's wallet
Activity: 24
February 09, 2018, 10:17:13 AM
Yes bitcoins can be hacked on third party sites. Some time third party sites like coinbase, blockchain and many other bitcoin wallet provided gets ddos attack and small loop hole in these exchange makes hacker to hack bitcoins easily.
copper member
Activity: 32
February 09, 2018, 10:14:02 AM
There are two Bitcoins:

Bitcoin protocol: The technology that makes up the protocol.
Bitcoin blockchain: The most popular implementation of the technology.
The Bitcoin protocol uses cryptographic technology that has not yet been hacked. (If it were hacked, there are much bigger problems to worry about).

The Bitcoin blockchain relies on a network of operators to make sure the blockchain/ledger/database tracking BTC accounts and balances is current and reliable.

What makes the Bitcoin blockchain theoretically reliable is that no single operator can make unilateral changes to the database. To do so would require controlling a majority of the computing power used to validate changes to the database. Roll Eyes
Merit: 11
February 06, 2018, 01:21:53 PM
Yes the bitcoin can be hacked since everything in this world has a possibility to happen. There are lots of IT experts can do that such thing.
All I know is the bitcoin provides a security to prevenet that situation may happen in order to protect the investments of their investors.
Merit: 11
January 30, 2018, 01:22:05 PM
 it is your wallet address that can be hacked. Not specifically the bitcoin. Bitcoin is something bigger to manipulate, but be careful of your wallet addresses.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
January 30, 2018, 12:37:19 AM
My opinion, yes it can be hacked if the victims not save their credentials securely. For now, there aren't bitcoin wallet hacked by decrypting the private key that encrypted.
But, in cases of bitcoin hacked is because the bitcoin holders security. For example, people save their private key wallet in their email. And the email hacked, hacker seeing all email and get the bitcoin wallet holder private key. And then hacker access the wallet of bitcoin holder and sending all available balance.
So, is not bitcoin hacked, but the people who have are hacked
Activity: 88
January 30, 2018, 12:24:37 AM
my friend was hacked bitcoin account  Embarrassed . I really worry about that. I don't know how to hack bitcoin account  Huh
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
January 30, 2018, 12:21:05 AM
bitcoin never hack by any person but bitcoin wallet hacked if someone have  your private key
Activity: 1
January 29, 2018, 11:54:18 PM
Well if you look around you will find plenty of articles talking about people who want to hack bitcoin.  Obviously people are also employing different tactics like using fishing attacks or other methods to deceive people to download bad programs. So always remember to follow proper safety procedures and dont download stuff or suspicious " updates " and maybe that will reduce the risks.
even tho I still believe in bitcoin it would be nice to not have to worry about it being hacked mr satoshi your only flaw 🖕
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
January 29, 2018, 11:45:46 PM
actually i want to know there is a possibility have to hack this supper e-money, because somebody hack it will be a huge effect for the economy.
I don't know what it was exactly but i happened to stumble upon a website when i saw an add saying double your bitcoins(an add popped up while i was watching an anime). Just to quench the thirst of my curiosity i visited the site.In that website they were claiming to have hacked bitcoins and that they could multiply our investment many times over.I know that they were scammers but still i have heard that some people have hacked bitcoins at its intial stages,so it may or may not be true i am not sure.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
January 29, 2018, 11:43:43 PM
Bitcoin as a technology is unhackable as of now but quantum computers might have that ability to interfere in the Bitcoin network but that's something from the future. As of now, no one can brute force Bitcoin wallets in order to access the private keys. However, it is always strongly recommended to hold Bitcoins in offline wallets because web exchanges or wallets are always hackable irrespective of the security precautions. We have seen such numerous examples so far and that highlights the need for basic awareness about Bitcoin and how it works.
Activity: 2
January 29, 2018, 11:37:23 PM
I am newbie in this field
But according to what I know, there is no bitcoin hacking at all
If so, you are scamed
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
January 29, 2018, 11:31:46 PM
It can be but seeing how Bitcoin is the biggest bug bounty in the world in in itself but hasn't been hacked safe to say we are okay right now.
Activity: 310
Merit: 103
Rookie Website developer
January 29, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

Through all the years, bitcoin has really increased its way of security in internet banking. Many rich or millionaire investors has already invest to these, why would they invest if they're money would be lost through hackers? Surely, they would check its security though. Nevertheless, safety should be always first.
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
January 29, 2018, 11:09:37 PM

I think bitcoin have a good security and its hard to hack. But if your not carefully using your accounts maybe they can hack your account and will get all your bitcoin. Just be careful of using you email and password dont give it to anyone so your account will be secure.
Activity: 20
January 27, 2018, 11:19:26 AM
Bitcoin itself is almost impossible to hack as the blockchain technology that forms the basis of the currency is constantly under review by other Bitcoin users. Having your transaction linked to both an email and a cell phone number sounds great right? Well, that’s where the issue lies. Hackers understand that the human element is the most vulnerable, so they use snooping tactics to find out the cell phone number that is associated with a Bitcoin exchange account. Unfortunately for users, it’s not only cell phone numbers that are easy to hack, home PCs are also targeted by hackers looking to make some easy money.
Pages:
Jump to: