Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available! - page 4. (Read 60311 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Just to remind everyone BFL will be having a drawing for one of our Bitforce Singles on Sunday as well as an auction for a prototype unreleased SuperSingle and a fully functional Mini-Rig. 

Stop by the BFL table to put your name into the hat for the drawing, but bring your bitcoins if you want to go home with shiny new Minirig or SuperSingle on Sunday!

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Sorry for any miss understanding on locations some parts were not organised too well, but this is going to be awesome.
Definitely, awesome. More people than last year in Prague. Nice meeting you Nefario, also Michael Parsons (the guy who made the linked pictures, I was sitting right next to him).

Yeah, and there was a bitcoin cake. The cake is most certainly NOT a lie  Cheesy
They should have hidden a private key in it somewhere.

Hmm, an actual physical key with the private key etched on it.... what could go wrong?

I don't know. Are you going to take pictures of it? Because I certainly hope so.

Of course not!

1) Taking a pic of the private key would....make it not so private
2) The cake is gone (went really fast)
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Sorry for any miss understanding on locations some parts were not organised too well, but this is going to be awesome.
Definitely, awesome. More people than last year in Prague. Nice meeting you Nefario, also Michael Parsons (the guy who made the linked pictures, I was sitting right next to him).

Yeah, and there was a bitcoin cake. The cake is most certainly NOT a lie  Cheesy

Hmm, an actual physical key with the private key etched on it.... what could go wrong?

I don't know. Are you going to take pictures of it? Because I certainly hope so.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

donator
Activity: 544
Merit: 500

We had the evening meetup, and like 100 people came, probably more, the place was packed and the atmosphere was great.

Tomorrow is going to be fantastic.

ydenys, none of that is intentional if I didn't get back to you it's by accident, I get a lot of email and I don't always deal with them quickly.
Activity: 743
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Well, i had asked both genjix and nefario for a ticket when it still was £30. (just one, for myself). Amir, I assumed just to be shy, being bogged down with the Bitcoinica’s issues and me being quite vocal ex-customer, as he did not sell me one, (while actively trying to flog tickets via auctions/through other members with better reputations). Nefario simply ignored my request to sell/ask Amir to.

I’m local (Essex) and a retail business owner through my family since 1966. My wife has two hairdressing/beauty salons, one of which is in London. I’m both invested and interested in Bitcoin as a technology and a concept, supporting it as much as i can.

I’m certainly underwhelmed and can only hope I’ll be alone in that with next year’s London conference being better organised and have no such issues with the organisers themselves. I do not want London to take a hit as a venue place because of a few plonkers/criminals and some unrelated kerfuffle.

Also look forward to meeting some of the folks informally after the conference.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
The OP states the venue as The Imperial (Hotel) but the main site lists the Royal National (Hotel), Russell Square - could someone please confirm which it is if they aren't the same & the exact address, Bedford Way? - Woburn Place? Many thanks.

18:00 (6PM) at Antalya Restaurant. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/P4hcb  Schedule: http://www.bitcoin2012.com/schedule

- https://twitter.com/BitcoinConf2012/status/246370424743673857

I don't use twitter, I don't have a smart phone & the schedule has been changed since I looked at it & printed it out before traveling & I don't have much internet access atm - it would have been helpful if any of the threads had mentioned that the schedule was dynamic, I saw some references to some ppl meeting up at the Antalya Restaurant some time in the threads but assumed this was just a minority thing & that they were meeting to have an Indian not that it was the whole Friday evening venue.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
The OP states the venue as The Imperial (Hotel) but the main site lists the Royal National (Hotel), Russell Square - could someone please confirm which it is if they aren't the same & the exact address, Bedford Way? - Woburn Place? Many thanks.

18:00 (6PM) at Antalya Restaurant. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/P4hcb  Schedule: http://www.bitcoin2012.com/schedule

- https://twitter.com/BitcoinConf2012/status/246370424743673857
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

Edit - seems that they are next door to each other with the main entrance on Woburn Place & secondary entries on Bedford Way, near Russell Square - so np I'll find it

I assume that the events planned for the evening of Friday the 14th are to take place at LARC, I shall be there for those - checking out what's on at the Whitechapel art gallery first & maybe an Indian in Brick lane after Tongue

http://www.whatpoll.com/brick-lane-curry-house

I went to LARC way over in east London for 6pm but it was all shuttered up, I then went to The Royal National Hotel back where I'd left near by from & they know nothing of any Bitcoin event tonight or over the weekend - I looked around anyway & no sign of anything, I check my ticket & it says The Imperial Russell Square, so I go there & they say it's not being held there either but quite a few ppl have been in asking for it, they say it is at The National because they checked earlier for these other ppl, they try again to check for me if there's anything going on tonight or if it starts there tomorrow, the conference bar managers office is closed which they say means it's not happening tonight - is it just me or have there been experts in conference organisation at work here?

Edit: Whilst outside The National I also tried phoning molecular for info on his mobile (my Spanish to his German) but he didn't pick up.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Should have done this with pirate heads.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
some unknown people at the "hackathon" in 22 cranbourn street (2nd floor of a cafe, ask for the bitcoin geeks)

Activity: 743
Is anyone meeting up tonight?  I would like to meet a few people or whatever.  I've got a few things to take care of before the evening, but I'd definitely like to meet and greet anyone who's come early.

I've just arrived back home but could head out again for a little bit, if you want to meet up for a while thats cool.
Give a small public speaking & presentation about BitForce SC Jalapeno,BitForce SC Single,BitForce SC Mini Rig  Cheesy
Is anyone meeting up tonight?  I would like to meet a few people or whatever.  I've got a few things to take care of before the evening, but I'd definitely like to meet and greet anyone who's come early.

I've just arrived back home but could head out again for a little bit, if you want to meet up for a while thats cool.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
14th, Friday - conference opening at Antalya restaurant.
Someone know the time?

As far as I know the opening starts 18:00 which is 6 PM for the US people. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: