Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available! - page 7. (Read 60311 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
NORMAL PRICE:£300 for a tier 2 slot.
DISCOUNT PRICE:£230 for the first 5 slots, HURRY!
what is that in bitcoins?

Payable in bitcoins, whatever the market rate is at the time of paying.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
what is that in bitcoins?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Did anyone notice that intersango, the second most successful criminally incompetent boobs in the history of bitcoin is still printed on the face of the tickets as a sponsoring supporter?

The fact that Patrick Strateman is still a guest speaker at the conference speaks volumes about the extent to which it's a personal, pet project. 

They should invite Trendon Shavers to give a presentation, just for good measure.

It's disingenuous to promote the event to potential sponsors using the "700 people" line, too.  There's little reason to believe that another 500 people are going to buy tickets in the next 11 days.

Might as well, they should invite Zhou Tong and the guy that ran Mybitcoin too, get the whole scammer contingent together.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Did anyone notice that intersango, the second most successful criminally incompetent boobs in the history of bitcoin is still printed on the face of the tickets as a sponsoring supporter?

The fact that Patrick Strateman is still a guest speaker at the conference speaks volumes about the extent to which it's a personal, pet project. 

They should invite Trendon Shavers to give a presentation, just for good measure.

It's disingenuous to promote the event to potential sponsors using the "700 people" line, too.  There's little reason to believe that another 500 people are going to buy tickets in the next 11 days.
ANNOUNCEMENT: First 5 for £230!

Two days, over 30 speakers, 400+ people, and buckets of press.

Tier 2 sponsorship available

• Roller banner at event 800x2065mm (banner,stand,printing included)
  • A PowerPoint slide on main screen(looped) between talks.
  • Your logo included in the final production video of event.
  • The ability to say you are a sponsor of this conference

Activity: 574

Caveat emptor... if you participate in this conference you are buying in to the belief that bitcoin users are your personal pool of fools and dupes to take advantage of, and supporting those who would take advantage of them.
Activity: 288
Did anyone notice that bitdaytrade is still listed as a sponsor even though their site got hacked to hell and was shut down?  Shocked
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
The OP states the venue as The Imperial (Hotel) but the main site lists the Royal National (Hotel), Russell Square - could someone please confirm which it is if they aren't the same & the exact address, Bedford Way? - Woburn Place? Many thanks.

Edit - seems that they are next door to each other with the main entrance on Woburn Place & secondary entries on Bedford Way, near Russell Square - so np I'll find it
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Amir asked me (and others) wether we would resell Conference Tickets.
(Amir or some other organizer, can you please confirm this to increase trust in the tickets I'm selling being valid and official)

I decided to auction some off at bitmit, starting at BTC 0.01:

Any of the tickets left?

Quote from: genjix
We sold 10% of the 700 tickets available so far. I'm about to close the issuing of the first 100 tickets.

I would say, yes! Smiley

(Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1068120)

See here for tickets, payable in BTC, I think over 200 have been sold at this point so the place is going to be buzzing.
http://www.bitcoin2012.com/tickets
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Just so you all know, there will be horseheads involved.
cst
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
The Cosmos doesn't care about you.
My bad, got the TL:DR bug and didn't see the site link. Guess 'why does it expect me to pay using paypal' has already been asked.

I think you can still email genjix to pay with BTC, that's how I got my ticket.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Any of the tickets left?

Quote from: genjix
We sold 10% of the 700 tickets available so far. I'm about to close the issuing of the first 100 tickets.

I would say, yes! Smiley

(Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1068120)
Announcing more sponsorship opportunities tomorrow.

I'll be in London from September 1st for the whole month for anyone who is around.
Activity: 86
Merit: 13
Right,

So, where are we at?  I am flying back to london in a bit (from australia) and really want to attend this conf and the two day hackathon before hand.  I might even be able to put a few bitcoiners up for a few nights. (I have a couple of spare rooms if I turn my rigs off) london is still overpriced from the olympics, and will be for a couple more months yet - then we get to the xmas holiday gouge.

Myself and the mistfpga team have developed some new hardware we wanted to work on with the community to get extended functionality into security modules (ideally, from people with hot wallets) and saw this as an ideal time to do this.

We aim to  provide Hardware Security Modules complete with antitamper, for under £1k - (prototyping is done on a rasberry pi, although the final product will be an fpga solution. - but the prototypes, and rasberry pi code will all be open sourced) the mist team has been working on HSM's and Datacryptors for over 20 years (combined).

Is there going to be a boycott?  if so, will people attend the hackathon beforehand? or is that tainted too?

edit: oh yeah, and I want to try to get some people onboard for the bitcoin testing project...

Cheers guys.

Steve
donator
I am really amazed by lonelyminer.
Lonelyminer stays calm, professional, rational while everyone else is blinded by emotions rage and trying to show off their worst side.
The Bitcoin community should be glad to have him.

If you keep someone like Amir in a central position of responsibility, it surprises you that people get a little emotional?

no
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Lonelyminer stays calm, professional, rational while everyone else is blinded by emotions rage and trying to show off their worst side.

If you keep someone like Amir in a central position of responsibility, it surprises you that people get a little emotional?
donator

oh man, +1 this. The other "man of reason" notable is Joelkatz.
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: