Author

Topic: Bitcoin debit card - page 105. (Read 293872 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
November 30, 2015, 01:31:16 PM
i wondering what different between xapo,e-coin and coinbase debit card?is all of them have overplus?
and i'm still check and get some information all of them,and the best maybe can used by me,and glad to be know that there was 3 debit card that i know.

Well i know the differences between them, firstly xapo has their debit card which when you spend your bitcoin it takes that moment conversation rate, with e-coin you should first convert bitcoin to fiat money at their website and then spend, and about coinbase i have not much information as it is a new product nowadays.
XAPO: online card, attached directly to your XAPO wallet
E-coin: so called PrePaid card which you top up from your BTC account. After the top up you can use it as a regural bank card. (But in this case you can exchane the same amount to fiat and use your existing fiat bank card. Why to have 2 cards for the same purpose?)

how exactly do you easily and instantly exhcange BTC to fiat and us on your existing fiat bank card?
November 30, 2015, 01:26:48 PM
Have 1.6 BTC stuck in my account. Cannot load the card, cannot withdraw btc back to my wallet, no response from support. WTF?

how long did you have to wait? still not addressed?
We try to address issues as fast as we can, but of course, there are times when people are overloaded and cannot respond in real time; either way, cannot identify you here, so, cannot speed it up by posting on the forum..
November 30, 2015, 01:23:56 PM
Why would I use this if I pay commission? It's against the nature of Bitcoin. These debit card companies are big jokes to the community.

if you are using Bitcoin to pay with Bitcoin - perfectly fine. But the number of places where you can spend it is still far from perfect. So, debit card companies try to bridge that gap by allowing people to spend Bitcoin ANYWHERE. They do so by linking the Bitcoin infrastructure with traditional finance one, which comes at a cost. The fees are largely charged by banks and Visa/MasterCard.

Being able to spend the currency without limitation is one of the fundamental features of money. If everyone just sits on their Bitcoins and they don't circulate, it will take ages for it to go mainstream. Making it easy to spend Bitcoin is going to drive further adoption, so, do you really think "big jokes" is a good term for it?..
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
November 30, 2015, 11:15:16 AM
Have 1.6 BTC stuck in my account. Cannot load the card, cannot withdraw btc back to my wallet, no response from support. WTF?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
November 30, 2015, 11:02:41 AM
I am looking at signing up today and I have a few questions,

1, What is the shipping time within the UK?

2, Does this card support contactless payments?

Kind regards
Alex

I think, you should get the card within one week in the UK. This card doesn't support contactless payments.

Ordered, will await delivery and see!

Feel like its christmas!
legendary
Activity: 1155
Merit: 1174
https://keybase.io/lasergun
November 30, 2015, 08:53:06 AM

Kind regards
Alex

I think, you should get the card within one week in the UK. This card doesn't support contactless payments.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
November 30, 2015, 08:26:43 AM

Kind regards
Alex
Activity: 490
November 30, 2015, 08:05:27 AM
Why would I use this if I pay commission? It's against the nature of Bitcoin. These debit card companies are big jokes to the community.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
November 30, 2015, 06:15:55 AM
This is the official thread of E-Coin right? So can you change the title to "E-Coin" rather than "Bitcoin debit card", so I can more easily find this Grin
Activity: 8
November 29, 2015, 09:21:03 PM
Hi sir can we use that credit card here in the philippines to buy or shopping mall... or it use it only for online transaction???

it's a VISA, accepted worldwide for online shopping or at mall where you see the VISA logo, and also to withdraw your money from ATM

Oh! Good job I will try it in Thailand.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
illuminati
November 29, 2015, 10:58:19 AM
VBV Please
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
November 28, 2015, 07:33:58 AM
Your advertising email you sent out 16 hours ago included a link to a scammer.
Can you elaborate. Who is a scammer?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinblackfridayinfo-do-not-use-their-website-1266987

But it's been on the forum warning at the top of the page all day.
Activity: 42
November 28, 2015, 03:18:54 AM
ohhh, There isn't Madagascar, why the society didn't mention us?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
November 28, 2015, 01:07:47 AM
Your advertising email you sent out 16 hours ago included a link to a scammer.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
November 27, 2015, 06:40:16 PM
My card paid 1$ for the maintenance fee, is this will happen every month?

every month when you use the card. in the moths where no transactions are made, there is no fee (no sms notifications)

My Card still take a fee for maintenance even though I didn't do any transactions???

You need to contact your card's customer support if they are still taking a maintenance fee away from you and they shouldn't have to when you are not using your card!

I've contacted the customer support about this problem, and he replied like this
It is monthly SMS notification fee
All information on the card limits, fees and delivery options is available here:
https://www.e-coin.io/bitcoin-debit-card-fees-and-limits
And when I check the link, it says that SMS notification fee isn't optional. Which means that this card would always take a $1 maintenance fee every month, even if you're not doing a transaction.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
November 27, 2015, 05:36:01 PM
i wondering what different between xapo,e-coin and coinbase debit card?is all of them have overplus?
and i'm still check and get some information all of them,and the best maybe can used by me,and glad to be know that there was 3 debit card that i know.

Well i know the differences between them, firstly xapo has their debit card which when you spend your bitcoin it takes that moment conversation rate, with e-coin you should first convert bitcoin to fiat money at their website and then spend, and about coinbase i have not much information as it is a new product nowadays.
XAPO: online card, attached directly to your XAPO wallet
E-coin: so called PrePaid card which you top up from your BTC account. After the top up you can use it as a regural bank card. (But in this case you can exchane the same amount to fiat and use your existing fiat bank card. Why to have 2 cards for the same purpose?)
Activity: 345
Merit: 124
November 27, 2015, 05:12:57 PM
only btc payments as far as i know.
Activity: 976
Merit: 1002
Bitcoinmeetups.org
November 27, 2015, 08:22:49 AM
Can I receive fiat payments to the e-coin card?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 26, 2015, 06:39:59 PM

every month when you use the card. in the moths where no transactions are made, there is no fee (no sms notifications)

My Card still take a fee for maintenance even though I didn't do any transactions???

You need to contact your card's customer support if they are still taking a maintenance fee away from you and they shouldn't have to when you are not using your card!
Activity: 311
Merit: 264
November 26, 2015, 04:30:50 PM
Which exchange rate e-coin.io follows for btc to usd/eur conversion ? Is the exchange rate publicly available anywhere on e-coin.io website ?
Jump to: