Author

Topic: Bitcoin debit card - page 118. (Read 293872 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
September 25, 2015, 12:14:58 AM
we are working on own design both for the card and for the accompanying letter.
that said, merging bitcoin with tranditional banking infrastracture is not as straightforward as it may seem. Putting ANYTHING related to bitcoin on a debit card is still a bit of a grey area
personally I wouldn't buy a debit card that has anything printed that can relate to bitcoin.
here most people don't give a....i saw one lady 3-4 months ago, paid with prepaid american visa. i told this to the worker in our grocery store, it looks like they don't care. The worker wasn't aware about "prepaid visa" at all. So if i have "bitcoin" printed ill proudly show up in our stores. I mean 99% of people here will thing that its the next good looking bank card...
The card really looks good by the way
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad
September 24, 2015, 07:27:06 PM
Fee is rather high for all the btc debit card out there. If anyone know a low fee one, please let us know.
Website 1 seems very reasonable for withrawing in ATMs, also website 2 looks quite decent.

This is the e-coin.io thread, advertise somewhere else.
Activity: 8
September 24, 2015, 03:24:17 PM
that said, merging bitcoin with tranditional banking infrastracture is not as straightforward as it may seem. Putting ANYTHING related to bitcoin on a debit card is still a bit of a grey area
personally I wouldn't buy a debit card that has anything printed that can relate to bitcoin.
September 24, 2015, 03:17:09 PM

Good. The updated fees page is a lot more straightforward now.

any idea of when the cards with the design (as shown on your website) will start shipping??

Then why advertising a "fake" bitcoin debit card design when in fact that design does not even exists?

Day by day i am seeing bad feedback for this service, i know that they are good but these "fake" things should not happen.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
September 24, 2015, 12:37:46 PM

Good. The updated fees page is a lot more straightforward now.

any idea of when the cards with the design (as shown on your website) will start shipping??
Activity: 126
illuminati
September 24, 2015, 12:25:33 PM
I just ordered the card with standard shipping how many times it take to delivery ?
Activity: 812
September 24, 2015, 11:53:08 AM
Fee is rather high for all the btc debit card out there. If anyone know a low fee one, please let us know.
Currently most of bitcoin related debit cards have high fees but as more peoples take interest and buy then we hope these companies will cut fees
Activity: 235
Merit: 102
September 24, 2015, 09:51:33 AM
September 24, 2015, 06:15:57 AM
Look don't get me wrong. I appreciate your hard work and efforts. But make sure to include something just to remain your customers about your company when they receive their card.
A week ago i received my neteller card, before some days i received one card from Poland. So its really hard to separate all of those cards.
Honestly i would like to exchange bitcoins locally, but here bitcoins are not very popular, and i would like to use your card. It'll decrease the chance of being scammed close to 0.
Activity: 938
September 24, 2015, 06:09:37 AM
My experience till now is horrible.
Got one card today from "MyChoice". Spent over 10 BGN (around $7) on phone calls to UK.
Found out that the card is issued by MyChoiceCorporate.com for E-Coin. But they made some stupid mistake and the card is invalid.
Also the card has nothing to deal with E-coin, nothing about the E-coin in A4 or on the card. I contacted MyChoice business support to found out that my account with them is actually related to E-coin. (it took to their support 10 minutes + i almost gave him my complete card number, because he/she was unable to found it based on the last 4)
Guys this is HORRIBLE!!!!!
"Partha says:
Sir, please be informed that we had an issue with our vendor , due to system issue there are lot of cards which has been sent to the card holders ,
*Me* says:
so you just issue visa cards like a crazy
*Me* says:
and don't give a shit about the end result
Partha says:
Now please have a note on the card "

What a joke? Can i have 10 or 15 cards for my paypals? It looks like you give them on a kilogram?

why did you have to spend time and money on calling MyChoice when all you needed to do was activate the card on www.e-coin.io and get the PIN there as well??
Maybe because i received the card with RoyalMail, and nothing about E-coin. Just Mychoice and their mobile number and email.
How I'm supposed to know that the card is from you?
And based on MyChoice the card is INVALID!
Do you want me to post the letter, A4 + the card, so i can show to everyone here, that it has 0 information about E-coin.
Sorry, but I got payoneer, neteller, okpay and so on, and all of them have their logo or something in the documents.
With my card, its onyl MyChoice.
So please answer to me:
How im supposed to know that the card is from E-coin? without your logo or details on the card/in documents?

September 24, 2015, 05:54:17 AM
Got one card today from "MyChoice". Spent over 10 BGN (around $7) on phone calls to UK.
Found out that the card is issued by MyChoiceCorporate.com for E-Coin. But they made some stupid mistake and the card is invalid.
Also the card has nothing to deal with E-coin, nothing about the E-coin in A4 or on the card. I contacted MyChoice business support to found out that my account with them is actually related to E-coin. (it took to their support 10 minutes + i almost gave him my complete card number, because he/she was unable to found it based on the last 4)
"Partha says:
Sir, please be informed that we had an issue with our vendor , due to system issue there are lot of cards which has been sent to the card holders ,
*Me* says:
*Me* says:
Partha says:

What a joke? Can i have 10 or 15 cards for my paypals? It looks like you give them on a kilogram?

why did you have to spend time and money on calling MyChoice when all you needed to do was activate the card on www.e-coin.io and get the PIN there as well??
Maybe because i received the card with RoyalMail, and nothing about E-coin. Just Mychoice and their mobile number and email.
How I'm supposed to know that the card is from you?
And based on MyChoice the card is INVALID!
Do you want me to post the letter, A4 + the card, so i can show to everyone here, that it has 0 information about E-coin.
Sorry, but I got payoneer, neteller, okpay and so on, and all of them have their logo or something in the documents.
With my card, its onyl MyChoice.
So please answer to me:
How im supposed to know that the card is from E-coin? without your logo or details on the card/in documents?
September 24, 2015, 05:12:39 AM
Maybe the price changed at that time
No, I tried to log out and log in again. Different prices were shown (as above) when I was logged out and when I was logged in.

Well this is not good then, e-coin seems that they just want to bring new people to use their platform and their cards.

Honestly if this happened and will happen then they will lose their users and this could be as anti marketing for them, I'm very disappointed.

there is little point in bringing in new people if they don't use the platform after signing in.
As explained above, there is a difference between "buy" and "sell" rates, and, following common practice in the industry the rate shown in the home page is the "buy" rate
How does this "buy" and "sell" price separation apply to your use case? Your service only implies buying bitcoins by you from users. Besides, the same higher rate you display for logged-out users is displayed in the "live rate" (implying that you would buy bitcoin at this rate) on your home page, but once one logs in and tries to actually load a card, the rate you offer is much lower. An odd misleading trick.

"buy" is the function we don't have yet, but plan to implement.
again, this is the way most companies out there show it, so, following a number of customer complaints and questions about rate differences we decided to follow the same pattern.

That said, quite open to feedback and opinions
Activity: 183
September 24, 2015, 05:07:09 AM
No, I tried to log out and log in again. Different prices were shown (as above) when I was logged out and when I was logged in.

Well this is not good then, e-coin seems that they just want to bring new people to use their platform and their cards.

Honestly if this happened and will happen then they will lose their users and this could be as anti marketing for them, I'm very disappointed.

there is little point in bringing in new people if they don't use the platform after signing in.
As explained above, there is a difference between "buy" and "sell" rates, and, following common practice in the industry the rate shown in the home page is the "buy" rate
How does this "buy" and "sell" price separation apply to your use case? Your service only implies buying bitcoins by you from users. Besides, the same higher rate you display for logged-out users is displayed in the "live rate" (implying that you would buy bitcoin at this rate) on your home page, but once one logs in and tries to actually load a card, the rate you offer is much lower. An odd misleading trick.
September 24, 2015, 03:40:13 AM

September 24, 2015, 03:38:08 AM
How come that before I log in your website shows the following exchange rates:
฿1=$230.23 €205.98 £151.12
But after I log in:
฿1=$224.56 €200.83 £147.34
(substantially lower)

Today i have seen the same rate as in bitsmap
Which was not before, but i have not been logged.
Maybe the price changed at that time or e-coin is "tricking" us lets see the official response i am interested to know what is happening.

"buy" rates are always different from "sell" rates. Most companies out there show the "buy" rate in the home page, so does E-Coin
September 24, 2015, 03:36:14 AM
"Partha says:
*Me* says:
*Me* says:
Partha says:

September 23, 2015, 04:37:06 PM

September 23, 2015, 04:26:32 PM
September 23, 2015, 04:23:36 PM
But after I log in:
(substantially lower)

Today i have seen the same rate as in bitsmap
Which was not before, but i have not been logged.
Maybe the price changed at that time or e-coin is "tricking" us lets see the official response i am interested to know what is happening.
September 23, 2015, 03:04:58 PM
But after I log in:
(substantially lower)
Jump to: