Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 5. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 11
Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution
February 13, 2018, 07:21:05 PM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
Yeah, my son is 5 yrs old now and in pre-school they already have a computer subject, they are too advance and I think bitcoin is now also on topic with college, most especially with econ and marketing or maybe in management because I think it is definitely one of our currencies now which can be crypto-currencies and I think students are allowed to know bitcoin and other cryptos.

It is definetly and advanced topic. It is hard enough to understand what are the implications of imperfections in a market, that is, putting numbers to it, not to mention getting in cryptos.
February 13, 2018, 07:19:12 PM
It would be difficult to decide on which class should Bitcoin be. It could be in economy, but it could be in computing and technology. I just hope it won´t end up in History class  Tongue
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 04:55:09 PM
Actually, economics classes as well as other related subjects tend to be taught poorely in schools and universities. Despite the fact money are essential for living. So, we have to improve the content and understanding of financial issues. And, of course, keep up to modern things. One or two lections should inform students about blockchain and crypto.
Activity: 251
February 10, 2018, 12:42:32 PM
bitcoin in the economy class has quite a high rank. because bitcoin can improve the economy of the people so that people who do not have jobs but still have the income to meet their economic needs in everyday life. therefore we should be able to utilize bitcoin as well as possible so that people's economy remains stable. and bitcoin can greatly help the economy many people's to be even better.
Activity: 245
Merit: 107
February 10, 2018, 11:19:13 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?
I think it is a good idea to incorporate Bitcoin in Econ class. It is somewhat a starter for young people who needs to be smart in money for their future.

Bitcoin needs to be added into this kind of classes. Not because they need to know it but they need to be informed about this new technology that might change or affect a country's economy. It is a currency that might be a common currency used in the future and it is a good way of teaching them that economy do not stay in a certain time, it is like a technology that need's to be upgraded and improved.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

When I was in college I took an economics class, but we only talk about Karl Marx, supply, demand and others but we didn't talk about bitcoin maybe for the reason that bitcoin is not that famous in our country at that time. But now bitcoin is a good example for an economics subject, lot to learn, not only at bitcoin but also for other cryptocurrencies out there, it's funny to think, what if the professor of that class is addicted to crypto may every day the topic is all about cryptocurrencies. I think putting a bitcoin topic in economics class will open the mind of every student how it works and maybe it will help them to their daily expenses especially that once you learned how bitcoin use the idea of saving and investing will follow and I think it was a great help for every people who struggle on how to handle there financial situations.
Activity: 396
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 10, 2018, 10:06:58 AM

It is hard to imagine bitcoin to be a part of the economic curriculum our country. I  don't think bitcoin will be part of Economics class here in our country because bitcoin is still not universal in our country. However, I'm assured some nations explain bitcoin or least discuss it. It will depend on the student and government because cryptocurrency developments can be effortlessly applied if enough attentiveness and initiative presented by the students and government.
[/quote]

In my oinion, bitcoin is being part of discussion in any econimic subject im all nation regardless of its government say about bitcoin. Bitcoin has affected the economy of most countries and i believe that it also affects the economy of countries that are against bitcoin.
With no excuse, bitcoin is able to make noise in every news so it's no doubt that this becomes  topic, not may be part, of any economic class.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
February 10, 2018, 09:51:11 AM
Bitcoin has at present become a central stream of economic development. Would be nice to have more individuals conversation about bitcoins and technology on the curriculums, teaching others how blockchain works. I hope when explaining the bitcoin it the economics class has a perfect guide on how to introduce bitcoin appropriately and to avoid spending for illegitimate activities. Bitcoin will play an essential in the future.
Yes I agree, bitcoin already influential on the economic development, it will look nice if bitcoin in put into a lesson economic at school because it will be introduced at a young child that there is a digital currency that had to be they know as a preparation in the future, but do not make the as in the main lesson, put the course some lesson bitcoin like introduced the basis of bitcoin that they don’t really stiff when you want to start their own bitcoin
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
February 10, 2018, 09:31:40 AM
I dont think so because even most of the teachers dont know bitcoin yet. But in the future maybe since bitcoin helps one economy

It is hard to imagine bitcoin to be a part of the economic curriculum our country. I  don't think bitcoin will be part of Economics class here in our country because bitcoin is still not universal in our country. However, I'm assured some nations explain bitcoin or least discuss it. It will depend on the student and government because cryptocurrency developments can be effortlessly applied if enough attentiveness and initiative presented by the students and government.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
February 09, 2018, 11:51:03 AM
Bitcoin has at present become a central stream of economic development. Would be nice to have more individuals conversation about bitcoins and technology on the curriculums, teaching others how blockchain works. I hope when explaining the bitcoin it the economics class has a perfect guide on how to introduce bitcoin appropriately and to avoid spending for illegitimate activities. Bitcoin will play an essential in the future.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs
February 09, 2018, 10:16:53 AM

I think it is a good idea to incorporate Bitcoin in Econ class. It is somewhat a starter for young people who needs to be smart in money for their future.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
February 09, 2018, 08:31:42 AM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
Yeah, my son is 5 yrs old now and in pre-school they already have a computer subject, they are too advance and I think bitcoin is now also on topic with college, most especially with econ and marketing or maybe in management because I think it is definitely one of our currencies now which can be crypto-currencies and I think students are allowed to know bitcoin and other cryptos.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 09, 2018, 08:28:19 AM
I don't think BTC's going to be in any Economics Class real soon. It can still be part of the discussion in terms of how it's going to affect the current economy but having an entirely dedicated class for it, I don't think so. At any rate, much like what has been mentioned, it could possibly be geared towards Computer Classes or IT related classes.
Activity: 182
Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest
February 09, 2018, 08:23:29 AM

It could be but I think, adding it to ECON will confuse the non BTC users. It will help everyone who have invested BTC and interests in investing BTC.

There are couple of disadvantages:

1. They will think it is useless because they don't know how it works.

2. People are so attached in "people on the internet that delas with money are scammers"

3. "Money online? That's stupid!"

^Those are some things that MOST people will actually think rather than learning what really is in here. What really is BTC and in what ways it can help you.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
February 09, 2018, 08:13:31 AM

I am not sure if they are talking about Bitcoin in the basic economics class, but B schools are showing interest. There are separate electives relating to Bitcoin / blockchain in some of the leading business schools.

Business schools should have been speaking about bitcoin since quite a while ago. The problem is that it has only recently been considered something more than tulips.
First of all, Bitcoin is still new for the people on the world. Only those who are trading and working on financial know Bitcoin. Example the people in countryside, they will never know Bitcoin or heard this name at least in one time. Therefore, teach it in economics class is still a dream and not reasonable.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
February 02, 2018, 11:19:54 AM
With a so strong campaign against ICO, crypto and bitcoin, it very unlikely that a average professor starts a class about bitcoin.
But four sure it's something that will happen, in the next future.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
Bitcoin is going to be the future and if young people don't get educated about it the whole country is going to lag behind. Whoever teaches decentralized economics first imo will be the most successful country of the 21st century.
February 01, 2018, 06:08:12 PM

I am not sure if they are talking about Bitcoin in the basic economics class, but B schools are showing interest. There are separate electives relating to Bitcoin / blockchain in some of the leading business schools.

Business schools should have been speaking about bitcoin since quite a while ago. The problem is that it has only recently been considered something more than tulips.
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
January 31, 2018, 11:57:16 PM
I think it is more suitable in financial class. A glimpse of it in economics class is okay. If we only have this kind of topic on our school on our days, maybe i start to invest on that day. In economics, they can teach about bitcoins and currencies while on Financial studies, bitcoins and investments. Its good to teach also how the bitcoin works on computer schools , who knows, maybe one of those kisds will invent the next bitcoin
Activity: 203
Merit: 3
January 31, 2018, 11:53:11 PM

We have a brief talk but not much, we didn't go deep into it.
Pages:
Jump to: