Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 8. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 339
Merit: 120
January 14, 2018, 09:56:03 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

No, in anyway that it could be including education I am not agree since money will distract our fellow young people, just think about going to school for someday you can be profitable if there is an easy way to achieve it which is Bitcoin, and I think thats one of the reason why real life application in most of the subjects were not included to the curriculum cause it might distract them.
Activity: 157
Merit: 10
January 14, 2018, 09:43:11 AM

I don't think the teachers or my classmates talk about bitcoin before in my Economics class. I  think the word cryptocurrency is the one that can be talk about in the class but not the bitcoin itself. Even they will talk about the cryptocurrency they will just going to explain it a little because I think they don't know much more about it that's why I doubt that they could explain it clearly. If the subject is so much focus on the topic that is about crypto then maybe they will understand it fully and they might talk about bitcoin.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 09:12:40 AM
Probably for now bitcoin is simply just a verbal example in economics class. But as bitcoin develops and spreads to many countries, its importance and contribution to the economy couldn' t be ignored. 21st century has introduced digital evolution in all aspects of human endeavour. Bitcoin plays a big part of it. And simply a must in economics class.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 14, 2018, 08:29:42 AM
It will very difficult to persuade old professors, but surely there are already young teacher that explain the bitcoin basic principles.
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
January 14, 2018, 08:25:25 AM
School usually is very late in discovery what happens in real world. More over, crypto world moves so fast that everything you can say will be already obsolete in the very moment you try to teach it.
Btw, sure some smart professor are talking about bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 09:50:44 AM
As a matter of fact, there were now universities that introduce basic courses about Bitcoin. Namely:
DUKE UNIVERSITY - Back in 2014, Duke University was one of the first major US universities to launch a course revolving around digital currencies and Bitcoin. Under the name of Innovation and Cryptoventures.
PRINCETON - Princeton’s course of Bitcoin is aptly named “Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technology”. Following this course can be done through Coursera, a very popular for-profit educational platform. This particular course was turned into a book form.
STANFORD UNIVERSITY -  launched their course on Bitcoin and blockchain technology a few years ago. Under the Bitcoin Engineering umbrella, this is one of the very few full-time Bitcoin course available today. Its main focus is building bitcoin-enabled applications, as well as developing other programs that will strengthen the ecosystem.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY - started their set of cryptocurrency classes back in 2014. It focuses more on the legal side of things with their initial course. Several altcoins were highlighted during this course as well, which gave people an idea of how vast the cryptocurrency ecosystem is. Back in 2015, NYU added a new course, called Digital Currency: Revolution in Money and Payments. As one would expect, the primary goal is to give participants an overview of digital currencies,
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA - they are the only one to offer an MS in Digital Currency, which acts like any other university degree one can think of. Moreover, it is possible to take this course through an online platform.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
January 11, 2018, 04:38:35 PM
No. The bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency that is fast, secure, and decentralized. I don't think a typical ECONs teacher would be able to explain what bitcoin really is, to the class rather the computer science teacher would be able to explain what is bitcoin and how it works to the students.
Activity: 364
Merit: 251
January 02, 2018, 10:23:47 PM
I live in China. I saw a student studying computers in the news. He said their teachers let them buy btc in 2015, but no student to buy because Chinese media are saying that btc is a scam and it is estimated that they All regret now.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 02, 2018, 10:15:20 PM

I think they can include bitcoin discussion on the currency topics. Students should be aware that bitcoin exist and how bitcoin works. A research should be done as well if adding a bitcoin club or organization will benefit students. Bitcoin is the future currency, I think its better if the students are knowledgeable about crypto currency. Its like preparing them and being aware is the best way to teach or encourage them to be part of the bitcoin world.
Activity: 186
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 08:58:31 PM
Usually school is very late when we talk about innovation. So I don't expect that official scholastic programs will talk about bitcoin or blockchain very soon.
But, as it happened with internet, there will be some enlightened teachers that will take some initiatives in this sense.
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
January 02, 2018, 07:36:53 PM
Well, this might turn to be true and to the fact I think there are few that are advance might done that by now. I heard that there are educational institution that open up just to teach some subject about bitcoin in Europe. But as far as I am concern I think this should not be rushed but should be deeply examine to be able to come up on great results.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
January 02, 2018, 06:34:18 PM
Bitcoin in the economy class, may be nice also to brief bitcoin at the school as the economic progress, but quite only limited to the introduction don’t make a lesson in the basic in class for bitcoin will easily in understand them closely myself because with the introduction just has to give an idea on the students in a class
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
January 02, 2018, 06:12:30 PM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol
Its a bright idea but i think teacher would know the bitcoin first. Since it was not very known yet especially people who have their own field jobs. Because theyre focusing on what theyre doing. Teach bitcoin to teachers first. Its funny to know that bitcoin will teach to some students. If that happen bounty hunter populstion will grow.
Activity: 297
January 02, 2018, 05:13:20 PM
I think yes its really good if ever bitcoin in economics  class are he teach special for people who work in institute this bitcoin. Its a about crpytocurrency but I don't know in my country if he know about bitcoin
Activity: 378
January 02, 2018, 02:40:41 PM
This would be good, but i don't think will happen soon. Japan as country who support fully Bitcoin can starting this campaign for teaching it on some university economy class faculty. As Bitcoin are combine between economy strategy and technology, so it could be need some people who capable to presenting it as well.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 02, 2018, 04:38:07 AM

New books in economics will surely include bitcoin and the crypto currency in the digital world. Its a new trend and its continue to make sound in the digital world so Bitcoin is talked in the economics class now. I have a friend in college who is majored in economics told me that Bitcoin discussion is a hot topic in their class.

many people will create a book about bitcoin especially for people which work in the institutes or in the education section so more people will read about cryptocurrency. I am sure that now, many books or literature that already launch among us and makes people can read more info. and if a new trend could be famous in society, I am sure that many people will know and finally, they can use bitcoin and also altcoin too. in the future, I am sure that bitcoin will be a trending topic and it will reach more people from many countries.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
January 02, 2018, 03:06:25 AM

New books in economics will surely include bitcoin and the crypto currency in the digital world. Its a new trend and its continue to make sound in the digital world so Bitcoin is talked in the economics class now. I have a friend in college who is majored in economics told me that Bitcoin discussion is a hot topic in their class.
Activity: 378
January 02, 2018, 02:12:09 AM
Bitcoin is also a currency and it is good to study this currency in depth because the economics class will be good if this currency is discussed in the classes because the economists are good and wise to make an attempt of the currencies in the market from this the bitcoin will be clear to every one. And it is good to make the videos over the importance of this currency in the future.
Activity: 185
Merit: 3
January 02, 2018, 02:00:32 AM
I think that everything I've learned in my eco class also applies in Bitcoin in other way. The way they taught us the basics of stock market is lining with the application of Bitcoin. The only non Bitcoin concept they taught is its price. The price manners of the Bitcoin differs from physical money as what everyone knows.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 01:32:41 AM
Rarely talk about bitcoin in economic class. Maybe next 2yrs or 5yrs to about its. Because bitcoin are not introduce in all in the schools.
Pages:
Jump to: