Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin legal or not - page 8. (Read 3205 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 297
November 07, 2018, 04:07:17 PM
Seeing that you are posting in the local board of India I will assume that you are from that country, Cryptocurrency in general in your country has a special case. The RBI has not totally ruled that it is illegal but they said that accepting cryptocurrencie as payment is illegal yet they can be traded legally from cryptocurrency to another cryptocurrency. The funny thing here is that they are also trying to shut down your cryptocurrency exchanges  by prohibiting banks of accepting transactions from them. Asked your local board as they could definitely fill you in with your situation.

Ya it is true that in India bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading and using with bank is banned and who ever are trading their bank accounts are blocked. RBI have given strict instructions to bank to close the account who are dealing in cryptocurrency. Even exchanges have stopped the fiat currency trading and some exchanges have shifted their working office to abroad where cryptocurrency is legal.

Their is a legal war going between cryptocurrency exchange and RBI in regards to legalize bitcoin as it the right of the people to chose which is good or bad for them and government cannot force them to stop using it. As India is a democracy country every Indian citizen have their own rights to do anything until it is not illegal or scamming others.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
November 07, 2018, 03:55:38 PM
Seeing that you are posting in the local board of India I will assume that you are from that country, Cryptocurrency in general in your country has a special case. The RBI has not totally ruled that it is illegal but they said that accepting cryptocurrencie as payment is illegal yet they can be traded legally from cryptocurrency to another cryptocurrency. The funny thing here is that they are also trying to shut down your cryptocurrency exchanges  by prohibiting banks of accepting transactions from them. Asked your local board as they could definitely fill you in with your situation.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 07, 2018, 11:56:56 AM
Hi,

In srilanka some banks interrupting their services towards BTC investment. Some platforms are also banned due to their regulations. Is that legal?
What are the alternative methods to prevent this incident?
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
November 04, 2018, 05:52:07 PM
Bitcoin is not legal in all countries of the world. there are still countries that do not want bitcoin and crypto. I think the first reason is because of the banks of different countries because we know they are related to the currency so they block bitcoin in their country.

Indeed, each country has its own policy, this depends on the country. So not all countries accept with all reasons, but many countries accept it so that they are free to develop crypto.
Guys there's google to find your and ask your problem there for free like this one.
Almost every country has it's own rules so i consider if you do ask someone from your country to know the basic rules or laws about of owning bitcoin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory

You just need to find it there if you don't know it yet, google is quite useful in almost everything that you don't know yet.
Almost newbies doesn't find google as an interesting answer to their questions.
Activity: 798
Merit: 109
https://bmy.guide
November 04, 2018, 01:07:28 PM
It depends on the country which you live. In many countries now bitcoin is legal at the same time few countries banned. In my country it is either legal nor illegal, the reserve bank announced to stop the transaction made for bitcoin. But still traders are using the bitcoin, in future there is a chance for all countries adapt bitcoin and the growth of the economy will be improve.
Exactly, it will depend on which country you are. Not all country Bitcoin is going legal some countries banning bitcoin and some are didn't put any law or rules and regulation regarding Bitcoin. Just like here in our country Bitcoin has not yet announced that it is legal but also government didn't announce it is illegal and prohibited to use. Indeed, we are freely used Bitcoin here.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
November 04, 2018, 06:35:17 AM
It depends on the country which you live. In many countries now bitcoin is legal at the same time few countries banned. In my country it is either legal nor illegal, the reserve bank announced to stop the transaction made for bitcoin. But still traders are using the bitcoin, in future there is a chance for all countries adapt bitcoin and the growth of the economy will be improve.
Activity: 71
November 02, 2018, 10:34:34 PM
What is the bitcoin status in your country? I think if your government is not giving any statement, then you can use bitcoin and you can try to make money from bitcoin. It depends on each country, and I think some of the countries still not allow bitcoin to be used but the other country uses bitcoin for legal. Perhaps, you need to discuss this with your friends from the same city so you can know what the situations in your country.
the status of bitcoin in my country is very frustrating, the state prohibits the use of bitcoin as a medium of exchange but still allows the community to have bitcoin as an asset, but the enthusiasm of the community is very high so indeed the state should review their attitude towards bitcoin.
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
November 02, 2018, 04:22:11 PM
I am new to crypto currency and I don't know the Bitcoin is legal or not plse help me

It depends on the country where we live. And those who have adapted bitcoin or have grown to next level suppporting its citizens become more independent and wealthier.
Actually, legalization of Bitcoin in every country has not yet done, although some countries now are quite enough into this crypto they didn't put any law regarding Bitcoin and other cryptos, just like here our country bitcoin is not illegal to use but also it is not announced that it is legal. Because legalization of Bitcoin is the impossible thing to happen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
November 02, 2018, 04:05:01 PM
I am new to crypto currency and I don't know the Bitcoin is legal or not plse help me

It depends on the country where we live. And those who have adapted bitcoin or have grown to next level suppporting its citizens become more independent and wealthier.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
November 02, 2018, 04:39:28 AM
Bitcoin made its first appearance in 2009 and immediately begun a new disruptive revolution with an era of cryptocurrency. Digital currency allows users to remain anonymous when executing transactions. In addition to being a decentralized cryptocurrency with no central authority detached from any government, so users wants it's be legal, but without KYC. Goverments don't want to lose control of money.
Activity: 80
November 01, 2018, 09:02:28 PM
of course the answer is very different depending on where we are in the country, but of course in terms of legal bitcoin it does not violate the laws of any country so that it can be legally certain. Don't we fear the rules that apply throughout the country because in the future the world will experience a transition period in the payment system.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
November 01, 2018, 04:27:13 AM

Only few countries fully legalized bitcoin like Japan but others allowed their people to buy and sell bitcoins without being legalizing it. Some governments may finally allow cryptocurrencies in their countries if a court ruling favors owning virtual currencies. China is reportedly easing its restrictions on bitcoin transaction when one of their court ruled in favor of bitcoin. Chinese citizens and merchants have the right to trade and own cryptocurrencies, according to a verdict reached in their arbitration court.
Activity: 154
October 30, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

I think some of the countries still not allow bitcoin to be used but the other country uses bitcoin for legal. Perhaps, you need to discuss this with your friends from the same city so you can know what the situations in your country.
Activity: 471
Merit: 10
October 30, 2018, 10:16:23 PM
the latest news comes from China which considers bitcoin not illegal and allows it to become a means of payment. This is good news because they can bring many Asian countries to respond to the same, especially India and South Korea. I have strong speculation that in the end many countries will understand and cannot refuse it again.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
October 30, 2018, 12:27:27 AM
In each country, it has its own policies, especially in finance, and bitcoin is one of the pros and cons in each country, anonymous ownership makes the government lose track of it, but this makes many countries that do not bother, so in this case the government do not prohibit and also do not allow. All risks in bitcoin are left to the holder.

My government against crypto but I'm still able to use it with my own risk so it means that if I got scam because of bitcoin, my police can't help me because there is no regulation for it.

Personally, I believe bitcoin in legal way because it's just like gold , an asset for future investment !
I just wonder for governments that have received cryptocurrency, are they responsible for all the negative things experienced by most users such their asset were stolen? cause till now I haven't found an information that publishes about the issue.

Also agree with you, there was no bitcoin function that is contrary to government regulations. Bitcoin is like a gold or a digital currency that is not dangerous and there is no negative function that will have a big impact on someone who has used it or against a government that adopted it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
October 28, 2018, 11:26:12 PM
Bitcoin is not legal in all countries of the world. there are still countries that do not want bitcoin and crypto. I think the first reason is because of the banks of different countries because we know they are related to the currency so they block bitcoin in their country.

Indeed, each country has its own policy, this depends on the country. So not all countries accept with all reasons, but many countries accept it so that they are free to develop crypto.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
October 27, 2018, 04:29:17 AM
Activity: 70
October 27, 2018, 02:10:58 AM
The legality of bitcoin depends on who you are, and what you’re doing with it.

There are three main categories of bitcoin stakeholder. Someone may fall under more than one of these categories, and each category has its own legal considerations.
Activity: 334
Merit: 1
October 26, 2018, 09:28:13 PM
Bitcoin is legal or not depends on the country, where you live and how the government responds to bitcoin. In my country I forbid but I am still learning about this, but the government does not forbid its people to learn bitcoin, so many people still play in bitcoin at their own risk, whatever happens, the law cannot help.
Activity: 34
October 26, 2018, 07:48:12 PM
At this time, bitcoin isn't accepted as a legal currency by government , To become of official currency , we need to make them more perfect in the eye of government  Grin, some regulation need to be undertook
Pages:
Jump to: