Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 5. (Read 1628 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 09:21:11 PM
Thats completly not truth, bitcoin makes altcoins stronger cause it is the reason why so many people even come in cryptoworld, all knows bitcoin as main of that all   
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 09:57:03 AM
I don't think bitcoin is a proxy for the world, but I don't agree that it makes Altcoins useless. Most Altcoins can solve many problems. But bitcoin can't be solved. We cannot see who is useful or useless just from the change in price.

Cool comment. Proxy of the world... Yes, I agree with you - Bitcoin is certainly great but the altcoins are also needed. Trading alts, you can make the better profit than trading BTC. Additionally, these coins are faster.
Activity: 38
Merit: 1
May 14, 2018, 10:31:28 PM
Instead Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and other top altcoins are far way better than Bitcoin especially in terms of transaction speed.
Bitcoin is just the first of its kind but it does not mean it would always be the only Crypto that could lead the crypto market.

I'm getting very bullish about decred.

I think this coin is an *actual* BTC competitor. Love to governance aspect to it and you have to love the dev team.

I'd be surprised if it didn't get close to $1,000 in the next few years.
Activity: 55
May 14, 2018, 10:29:30 PM
Instead Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and other top altcoins are far way better than Bitcoin especially in terms of transaction speed.
Bitcoin is just the first of its kind but it does not mean it would always be the only Crypto that could lead the crypto market.
Activity: 1524
Merit: 270
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
May 12, 2018, 10:17:25 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

I agree with what you say. If we see the development of Bitcoin so quickly, it seems as if making Alt coins is useless. But, Alt coin can affect the selling value of Bitcoin which is more expensive. The more Alt appears the more it takes bitcoin, because alt's exchange with BTC. Complete each other.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
May 12, 2018, 10:17:15 AM
I think bitcoin and altcoin have a good relationship so both will need each other and can not stand alone so if bitcoin grow then altcoin will also grow
Activity: 21
May 12, 2018, 10:09:29 AM
But btc and alts have two drastically different purposes. With btc being way more expensive for one, so I wouldn't say that btc makes alts useless. It all depends on your requirements and what you're looking for.
Activity: 154
May 12, 2018, 03:48:29 AM
I think you right, but there is some Alt function
- Make crypto world more known by world wide
- Make Bitcoin gain his popularity
- To shown that crypto not just bitcoin
- As a place to get job for some people
- As place to make money from investments.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
May 12, 2018, 03:36:47 AM
Even if we don't put Bitcoin into the arguement most of these so called ALtcoins are useless and I pity some people because they will wake up one day and see that they Altcoin stash worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is so big and this can't be rival by any ALtcoin projects so far

It is not useless nor no function because each altcoin has its own function amd usage. People wants to make everything easy they don't look after for the result. Bitcoin is different from altcoin they really differ from each other. Bitcoin has the higher value and bitcoin is known all over the world. It is difficult to have a competition in different areas.
Activity: 182
May 12, 2018, 03:29:43 AM
I think people accept bitcoin not because of its function, but because of its strong brand. Maybe this time it happens but if a transaction becomes a common thing, then the cheaper with the same function or even better, would be more widely used.
Activity: 266
May 11, 2018, 10:55:11 PM
If we talk about usability, maybe everyone agrees that bitcoin gets the biggest daily transaction. But a platform is built to fine-tune the issue of bitcoin, and the most obvious problem is time and cost. Maybe the time buck is not for a moment, but in the future bitcoin will just be a symbol instead, the coin chosen for the means of payment.
Activity: 602
Merit: 262
May 11, 2018, 08:33:16 PM
i see NO! ALT are independent from BTC it has its own value and purpose... some altcoin are now slowly climbing up to the ladder of success and use as payment method..

Yes you are right in your idea not all altcoin are independent to bitcoin there still a project that have its own purpose that why its created and introduced to the market but because of btc pair most altcoin are falling down after what happen to bitcoin.
Activity: 154
May 11, 2018, 08:28:12 PM
i see NO! ALT are independent from BTC it has its own value and purpose... some altcoin are now slowly climbing up to the ladder of success and use as payment method..
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
May 11, 2018, 08:17:45 PM
Whatever bitcoin is or will become, it will not make alts useless because they have still their function for certain areas. While I agree that many alts if not most are simply useless for the majority of the people. However, everyone has the right to try his luck with his coin. Do you think bitcoin ATMs are an argument for bitcoin? In my opinion not, because we should try to get away from the fiat system and ATMs converting crypto coins to fiat will not assist it.
Activity: 102
May 11, 2018, 08:10:54 PM
Stop saying and comparing Bitcoin to Altcoin. We all know that Bitcoin was the first became popular to the crowd. But how can you sure that Altcoin is useless? It still has it uniqueness, in short it has different use compare to Bitcoin. Soon you will found out it's uniqueness.
Activity: 21
May 11, 2018, 07:57:17 PM
Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
May 11, 2018, 08:12:20 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

If the BTC will evolve and the problems will be resolved, your statement could be very well true.
But in the same time there also is tokens which does not represent payment method but specific projects and this means that BTC cant get 100% of market and lets not forget the ETH and eth liked cryptos.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
May 11, 2018, 08:07:45 AM
Bitcoin is not making alts useless. There are already a lot of useless altcoins out there and they do not need the help of bitcoin to make them look useless. The prices are tied to bitcoin because trading pairs are made with bitcoin so if the amount of people buying bitcoin reduces then the amount of people buying other coins reduce too. Bitcoin is still better than all the altcoins out there.
Activity: 25
May 11, 2018, 12:43:58 AM

While it is true that a very high percentage of the alt coins are the same thing with just a few tweaks it is not true of all coins. There are several coins out there that have real solid use cases, for instance Phore. Not only does it make use of zero protocol, but it has a smart contract platform that allows decentralized applications to be created and ran on the Phore blockchain. Alt coins like these have real value and will not be rendered useless by bitcoin. Additionally, a lot of the alt coins that are pretty much just clones with a few minor tweaks are often used as hedges which is all thats needed to keep some of this crap alive lol.
Activity: 123
May 11, 2018, 12:40:16 AM
I don't think bitcoin is a proxy for the world, but I don't agree that it makes Altcoins useless. Most Altcoins can solve many problems. But bitcoin can't be solved. We cannot see who is useful or useless just from the change in price.
Pages:
Jump to: