Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 3. (Read 1628 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 03:39:20 AM
I think that for the time being the market is developing, and the BTC in it is the flagship. But this may change in the future, as many altcoins are very popular and in demand in different areas. Also, the speed of transactions of some altcoins is much faster
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 27, 2018, 02:59:19 AM
That's not true. Each coin contained a different function. Same as Iphone vs Samsung. Bitcoin better for you but for others the coins is more convenient.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1618
May 25, 2018, 09:05:29 PM
There are many altcoins out there that are offering a unique use case, technology or raison d'etre that's decidedly different from Bitcoin's.

Not only that but the core developers of bitcoin made some strategic mistakes, perhaps under pressure by the banking industry and government, and now even for the original purposes of Bitcoin, some contenders are doing better like BCH outperforming as a Medium of Exchange, etc...
Activity: 69
Merit: 2
May 25, 2018, 08:56:51 PM
No, I dont believe bitcoin will make alts useless. Maybe you are actually referring to it impeding the price invrease in alts? That would be different than making them useless. As ive seen mentioned already, there are soooo many alts with real USEFUL application, not just a money alternative or substitute like bitcoin. If price depends on demand then the team behind the project just needs to follow through with the initial idea and for it to work and again, be useful so that people will want/demand it. Dont see why alts couldnt grow like bitcoin given time for people to learn about them first and find out they want to use it.
Activity: 529
Merit: 251
The Future Of Work
May 25, 2018, 08:48:22 PM
My thought are following: bitcoin got were he is only because of his popularity. Remember the hype of 2017 year.
TV was talking only about bitcoin, and nobody ever told about any other growth recordsmans that made 10 x`s. Bitcoin was first but it doesn't mean it will last first forever. There can be other strong players as well.
Activity: 124
May 25, 2018, 06:41:55 PM
I agree a lot with this.. but not because of bitcoin on it's self, alts are becoming useless because of bitcoin ups and downs, that is the most important reason of why almost all the altcoins are going down at the moment
Activity: 280
May 25, 2018, 06:34:24 PM
sounds like you are always make comparison of Altcoins to Bitcoin, Bitcoin only affect the price of them but not the growth, imagine how ETH grow it is an example that any coin can just grow if the project team will push and push their limit or limitation in achieving growth, don't focus too much on how to make the altcoin increase its price but also increase its function.
I agree with you, currently Bitcoin and altcoin are growing independently and do not affect too much. The cryptocurrency market is relatively small, so it is susceptible to being manipulated by the investor's price action, so the coin will be prone to manipulation. Each coin has its own development in the direction of the DEV team and the community investment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
May 25, 2018, 06:29:42 PM
The situation is solved by itself. Let those are worried, who don't know about the cryptocurrency and don't invest their money in it. In the end, every day everything develops at an insane pace and can't be left behind.
Activity: 392
Merit: 104
May 24, 2018, 06:04:31 AM
Yes, it is always possible. Problems can consist of competitors who also want to make their crypto currency into circulation, so it is difficult.
Activity: 240
May 23, 2018, 02:32:45 PM
It isn't making any altcoins useless. Altcoins are valuable by their own right and they have proved that they are just as valuable as bitcoin and they are here to stay so we should all stop worrying about them. Be patient and you will see the good things that will happen to the altcoins in the coming years, they will do very well
Activity: 350
May 23, 2018, 10:29:17 AM
Even in this way we did not put the Bitcoin into an argrement usually of these that are called ALtcoins are not used at all and for me it is sad to imagine that little people. because they are awake when it comes to the day and they see a Altcoin hidden and worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is huge and can not be a rival any of ALtcoin projects today.
Activity: 112
May 23, 2018, 08:16:58 AM
sounds like you are always make comparison of Altcoins to Bitcoin, Bitcoin only affect the price of them but not the growth, imagine how ETH grow it is an example that any coin can just grow if the project team will push and push their limit or limitation in achieving growth, don't focus too much on how to make the altcoin increase its price but also increase its function.
Activity: 229
May 23, 2018, 07:25:52 AM
No..because bitcoin and altcoin is usefull in defferent ways..you can not say one better than others..
altcoin is usefull and helpfull in investment..Altcoins can solve also many problems..we all know that bitcoins is the first listed in the market but it doesn't means that altcoins will no longer..the Bitcoin community is expanding every day, And the altcoin is adopt to those same platforms and services..And the Bitcoin for a long time will remain the most expensive coin...There for Bitcoin not making a useless in altcoin..
Activity: 1246
Merit: 356
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 23, 2018, 04:31:45 AM
Bitcoin doesn't make altcoins useless because some altcoins are very useful and helpful especially to those people who didn't do investment. We knows that bitcoins is the first who've listed in the market but doesn't really means that altcoins will no longer to used it because many people used it to earn money even though some of these are scam but some of these are legit too depends on how you choose a good altcoins and ofcourse by participating in bounty program.
Activity: 329
https://eloncity.io/
May 23, 2018, 04:21:36 AM
Bitcoin was the first, he is the flagship of the market. But at the same time, many altcoins are better than him in terms of speed of transactions. Many of the altcoins are really more useful than bitcoin. This can affect the future of coins, and the BTC will no longer be the first
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
May 20, 2018, 02:42:01 AM
Alts are making alts useless because there are so many of them in the market, bitcoin is not negatively affecting any of the alts. They do their own part and are used for whatever you want. Bitcoin was the first which is why it is growing so much, what do you expect it to do? stop growing and wait for the alts to catch up  Grin Grin An alt that will do well will do well, with or without bitcoin
Activity: 21
May 19, 2018, 09:20:35 PM
I don't know why more people don't think about altcois for storage of value as well. There is Ethereum for example. The technology is superior to Bitcoin. It's like highspeed internet vs. dial-up.
Activity: 59
May 19, 2018, 06:32:44 AM
I think you are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have very different use cases, tackling very different real-world problems. Maybe you can not say one better than others. But the level of investment in Bitcoin is huge and this cannot be matched by the ALtcoin project so far this
 Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
May 19, 2018, 04:17:44 AM
I think that they all related and support each others and this help to grow the crypto currency. They all are growing and developing, alts bring the new kind of investment and crowd funding so all is good I believe.
Activity: 98
May 19, 2018, 04:11:55 AM
I know that Bitcoin is still s really strong coin that the others cannot catch up with. The upgrades incoming for Bitcoin is actually good and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what altcoins try to solve. Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a tackle of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper. However, the demand of diversify portfolio is still larger because risk could not be predicted, Hence, I think altcoins still have chance to develop. Investors just need to make sure the coin has a good development team and the more active, the better.
Pages:
Jump to: