Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 4. (Read 1628 times)

Activity: 753
Merit: 100
May 19, 2018, 03:43:41 AM
There is no doubt that bitcoin rightfully takes the leading position in the market, it is very popular, etc. , but I do not think that he makes useless all the altkoins, because among them there are very promising and useful projects.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 19, 2018, 03:36:29 AM
The market for tokens is now driven by the existence of the ico project. As long as people can continue to invest in it. It will not disappear.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
May 19, 2018, 02:30:13 AM
Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better.
Activity: 19
May 18, 2018, 11:27:01 PM
I feel the same because I have recently looked into the upgrades incoming for Bitcoin and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what alts try to solve. Now there may be some use case for a handful of alts but I think 95%+ will be useless after 2018 perhaps 2019. Not gonna hodl many alts after this run, if I do they will have a use case that Bitcoin 100% can't. Grin
Activity: 22
May 18, 2018, 02:20:07 PM
Bitcoin just got the most fame because he was the first, he has no more advantages. Altcoins excel bitcoin in terms of technology and continue to evolve continuously. In addition, altcoins are more accessible, which makes them very attractive for investment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 18, 2018, 06:59:41 AM
All altcoins takes its reference from either bitcoin or ethereum and ethereum itself has its reference to bitcoin so the rise and fall of bitcoin always affects the prices of every altcoin in the blockchain technology.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
May 18, 2018, 05:40:42 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

Yes it is true that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency, we cant help that since bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency ever. Some refers cryptocurrency as "bitcoin", even though bitcoin is that popular it didn't make alts useless but the complete opposite with bitcoin, cryptocurrency gets more popular and it helps alts to be known too.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
May 18, 2018, 05:32:34 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

I do not see how bitcoin makes ALTs useless. They complement each other. It might be interesting to see how BTC will do in the future if more trading pairs getting added and BTC less necessary to buy ALTS.
Activity: 123
May 18, 2018, 05:30:41 AM
Wow, recently heard that Facebook, Google, and Microsoft will all begin to completely ban ads and messages on cryptocurrencies. But one thing I don't quite understand is that the first company that proposed to ban these ads should be Twitter, but so far the ads on cryptocurrencies are still everywhere on Twitter. Therefore, I think these companies have only to issue such announcements because of some policy reasons. What do you think?
Activity: 62
May 18, 2018, 05:27:33 AM
Market is still very immature. Give it a few years when the money flows from bitcoin to the altcoins. By that time there shouldn't much of correlation between BTC and altcoins. Think of Apple stocks affecting Geico or any other listed company.
Activity: 21
May 18, 2018, 05:24:14 AM
I feel the same because I have recently looked into the upgrades incoming for Bitcoin and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what alts try to solve. Now there may be some use case for a handful of alts but I think 95%+ will be useless after 2018 perhaps 2019. Not gonna hodl many alts after this run, if I do they will have a use case that Bitcoin 100% can't. Smiley
Activity: 47
May 17, 2018, 12:54:19 PM
Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better. Smiley Smiley
Activity: 26
May 17, 2018, 09:30:20 AM
But btc and alts have two drastically different purposes. With btc being way more expensive for one, so I wouldn't say that btc makes alts useless. It all depends on your requirements and what you're looking for.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
May 17, 2018, 01:19:02 AM
Bitcoin is the crypto currency and it is not an obstacle in the altcoins the use of altcoins are more than bitcoin now a days many new companies have used alts for their advertisement on social media and for investment as well.
Activity: 140
May 16, 2018, 09:02:01 AM
I think you are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have very different use cases, tackling very different real-world problems. Maybe you can not say one better than others. But the level of investment in Bitcoin is huge and this cannot be matched by the ALtcoin project so far this

Activity: 78
May 16, 2018, 08:53:21 AM
I'm sure it will change eventually if Bitcoin doesn't sort itself out.
Activity: 17
May 16, 2018, 08:52:28 AM

Well everyone started to accept bitcoin as payment solution long ago but businesses only now see that its possibility to receive more if market goes up. I hold sibcoin and community already are working to popularize so some of the stores start using it as payment. But there isn't any stable coin so i think this idea could die out.
Activity: 30
May 16, 2018, 08:05:46 AM
Bitcoin was dessigned and published before all the other coins were built so if the have a high price then the price of Bitcoin will increass Bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin suecess so what I m referring to here is the number of ATMs, stores exenanges services and people acepting it. The enistence of all made bitcoin face competition.
Activity: 97
May 15, 2018, 11:05:43 PM

This is the problem about having many cryptocurrencies in the market. They think they are in competition with each other. Personally I think it is a good thing that some incompetent and failing ICOs get kicked out of the market. This makes the industry not too saturated and gives way for better ICOs to come and showcase their coins. Furthermore, altcoins are becoming big right now. Though it's a gradual process, it still a good sign of altcoins having a face in this industry.
It's not that much of a bad thing in that point of view. Bitcoin was designed and published before all the other coins were built so if they have a high price then the price of Bitcoin will increase.
Activity: 210
May 15, 2018, 10:55:16 PM
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency now, he is the progenitor of cryptocurrency. But bitcoin technology is obsolete. There are many promising altcoins with fast and inexpensive transactions now. Not all altcoins are useless Wink

I think it's not because bitcoin also requires altcoin and what would happen if altcoin without bitcoin because I know these two coins need each other because now that I know bitcoin is decreasing and altcoin is recovering and with recovery, I currently expect bitcoin also to rise like altcoin
Pages:
Jump to: