Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Miners - page 59. (Read 64023 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251
January 24, 2014, 12:59:20 PM
20nm foundry in house  Roll Eyes
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
January 24, 2014, 12:56:50 PM
Why are we still bumping this thread and asking if it's legit or not. A look at the website should tell you it's a scam immediately.  We are not in the bfl/avalon era anymore. Time to wake up people...

Clearly it is not legit.  Unlike the live UnicronHasher which was featured on the cover of Bloomberg's businessweek magazine....

I hope my preorder went through for that.

Hopefully your pre-order was for a subscription to Bloomberg's businessweek magazine because if it was either of the former you might be disappointed  Grin

It was for the unicornhasher, hence the subquote. Duh.

Wrong, copyright does not need any copyright marking or registration, it is automatically implied. http://www.ipo.gov.uk/c-auto.htm

While you can use someone else's work in your own, your work has to be substantially different (trans-formative) from the original. This is not.

Which is why I said it varies by country, and that I could be wrong.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 12:36:42 PM
No VAT ID / company registration number = BIG WARNING.
Activity: 490
January 24, 2014, 12:27:38 PM
Not unless they've copyrighted a photo ...

Besides, BFL and KNC did the same things, they took a photo of a chip and then CAD/photoshopped, until they had actual designs.

So if they have not paid the copyright then it is still illegal but that's okay because other have done something similar.

Reminds me of the girl who sold her virginity on the Internet but claimed she was not a prostitute because she only done it once Smiley

No, all i was saying was unless it's copyright protected, there's no wrong being done. Simply taking a photoshopped image from one place and chopping it yourself, isn't wrong. Laws vary by country of course. If it is copyright protected, the image needs the stamp, as does the sourcepage.

But even still, taking a copyright protected image and modifying it.. is different than trying to use the exact same image.

Wrong, copyright does not need any copyright marking or registration, it is automatically implied. http://www.ipo.gov.uk/c-auto.htm

While you can use someone else's work in your own, your work has to be substantially different (trans-formative) from the original. This is not.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 24, 2014, 12:25:51 PM
why is the currency in dollars, $5000 if its a uk based company rebecca?HuhHuh?
Activity: 252
January 24, 2014, 12:19:30 PM
Why are we still bumping this thread and asking if it's legit or not. A look at the website should tell you it's a scam immediately.  We are not in the bfl/avalon era anymore. Time to wake up people...

Clearly it is not legit.  Unlike the live UnicronHasher which was featured on the cover of Bloomberg's businessweek magazine....

Hopefully your pre-order was for a subscription to Bloomberg's businessweek magazine because if it was either of the former you might be disappointed  Grin
January 24, 2014, 12:06:07 PM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2014, 12:05:59 PM

+1

Seriously, don't give these people any money.
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2014, 12:01:32 PM
they got the latest newest top secret 20nm chip that noone else has !!
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
January 24, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
Someone is sitting in the shade today...
January 24, 2014, 11:53:24 AM
Activity: 165
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
January 24, 2014, 11:50:19 AM
I'm gonna go with not
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 24, 2014, 11:34:35 AM
Legit or not?
January 24, 2014, 11:12:58 AM

Besides, BFL and KNC did the same things, they took a photo of a chip and then CAD/photoshopped, until they had actual designs.

So if they have not paid the copyright then it is still illegal but that's okay because other have done something similar.

Reminds me of the girl who sold her virginity on the Internet but claimed she was not a prostitute because she only done it once Smiley

No, all i was saying was unless it's copyright protected, there's no wrong being done. Simply taking a photoshopped image from one place and chopping it yourself, isn't wrong. Laws vary by country of course. If it is copyright protected, the image needs the stamp, as does the sourcepage.

But even still, taking a copyright protected image and modifying it.. is different than trying to use the exact same image.
Activity: 252
January 24, 2014, 11:01:58 AM

January 24, 2014, 10:57:48 AM

Activity: 434
January 24, 2014, 10:41:32 AM
that's copyright theft. which is a crime.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 24, 2014, 10:40:57 AM
great find joeventura

lets see the BS that rebecca can come up with here... wait for it.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 24, 2014, 10:40:32 AM
Look at the home page

Then look at this:

https://www.facebook.com/microprocessors/timeline
Huh.  That does increase my skepticism a bit.
Pages:
Jump to: