Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Miners - page 62. (Read 64023 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 24, 2014, 06:56:23 AM
Yeah, beware, the web site registrant is hidden behind a "privacy" shell company in Australia.

http://who.is/whois/ctsminer

Domain Name: CTSMINER.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 12-Jan-2014
Creation Date: 12-Jan-2014
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 12-Jan-2015
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: Email Masking [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1-2013775952
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: PP-SP-001
Registrant Name: Domain Admin
Registrant Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator 
Registrant City: Nobby Beach
Registrant State/Province: Queensland
Registrant Postal Code: QLD 4218
Registrant Country: AU
Registrant Phone: +45.36946676
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: Email Masking [email protected]

ummm gold coast, did we not have a scam outfit there a couple of months back...

most probably the same mob...

queensland has always been a state where scam artists originate from, even before the internet days.  btw, I'm Australian.
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 24, 2014, 06:52:54 AM
I think we're never going to hear from rebecca again...

she/they should have have known that bitcointalk isn't very good forum for scammers.

I love this forum.
If it wasn't for this forum I would have been scammed many times over.
cheers
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 06:52:30 AM
Yeah, beware, the web site registrant is hidden behind a "privacy" shell company in Australia.

Registry Domain ID:
Registrant Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
Registrant Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator 
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:

Yep it does look fishy... but I would not assume anything yet. Let's give Becca a chance ;-) I gave one to BFL, KNC, HashFast and Cointerra. For me its like 50% scam and 50% legit (considering Cointerra delivers additional hashing power together with original order). It would be nice to put one more into legit basket.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 252
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
January 24, 2014, 06:50:22 AM

Registry Domain ID:
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:

ummm gold coast, did we not have a scam outfit there a couple of months back...
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 24, 2014, 06:49:04 AM
they have a counter on their page of units available for pre-order i suppose we could watch that and see how many people have more money then sense

i myself am 1/3 down on the www.alpha-t.net litecoin asic scrpyt miner supposedly

but it was 1/3 down they took paypal and it is thru amex credit card

I have till the 5th of feb to decide to pull..maybe more with paypal ..but that is my timeline

in this case i suspect that they ARE legit but seem somewhat clueless..ie amatuer action

so will likely pull my order

BUT to put money in this place with not even their level (alpha's) for info etc and/no paypal or credit card

that is just crazy

its ok to put down something on the chance it is legit but to have NO exit strategy via paypal or credit card is plain suicide

quite frankly that is the only reason i did www.kncminer.com

paypal via credit card

anyway ...been there but only do this kinda stuff with an exit strategy and protections ...let them prove it to your first or you walk

Searing
Activity: 1302
Merit: 252
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
January 24, 2014, 06:48:07 AM
lol a 20nm ASIC when the fabs haven't even started putting out their 20nm product yet, lol.   What is this magical foundry that already has 20nm chips to market?

If you believe this then I have magical 14nm ASICs for sale, only 1BTC per Thash, no refunds of course lol

I have some 0.01nm Asic's per-manufactured, the foundry was provided by miaviator, these little beauties came straight from its rear end.

Pictures coming once I find them, there pretty small..
Activity: 490
January 24, 2014, 06:46:09 AM

Source: http://who.is/whois/ctsminer

Registry Domain ID:
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Registration Service Provided By: IT ITCH

PRIVACYPROTECT.ORG is providing privacy protection services to this domain name to
protect the owner from spam and phishing attacks. PrivacyProtect.org is not
responsible for any of the activities associated with this domain name. If you wish
to report any abuse concerning the usage of this domain name, you may do so at
http://privacyprotect.org/contact. We have a stringent abuse policy and any
complaint will be actioned within a short period of time.

Activity: 66
January 24, 2014, 06:40:34 AM
Becca,

It would really help if you could show pictures of your prototype that you have just finished testing or even better a video of the miner hashing.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
January 24, 2014, 04:58:19 AM
I'm wondering why a UK company is 'selling' items with dollar prices?  That alone makes no sense.

Scam alert, scam alert, whoop whoop, scam alert!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
January 24, 2014, 04:53:35 AM
I can't help notice that the pictures of the chip on the front page, one picture show a chip in flip-chip package and another picture shows a BGA package.
That is very suspicious to me, if you made a "great product" then show some real pictures of the hardware instead of some stolen photo shopped pictures.
That is zero credibility in my world, if you don't have a product to take pictures of yet, then publish a datasheet at least.
Activity: 608
January 24, 2014, 04:48:38 AM
lol a 20nm ASIC when the fabs haven't even started putting out their 20nm product yet, lol.   What is this magical foundry that already has 20nm chips to market?

If you believe this then I have magical 14nm ASICs for sale, only 1BTC per Thash, no refunds of course lol
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 24, 2014, 04:40:42 AM
The first poster after the "press release" is part of the scam too, I'm guessing.

He's a noob who just HAPPENS to live right down the street from the supposed fab facility.

We can look forward to his next post, when he'll report that he visited their super secret factory and saw all the chip geniuses building prototypes or something.

These guys thought they were going to make like $5 million on this scam.  Let's see if we can keep that close to zero.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 24, 2014, 04:24:41 AM
If the companies actually had a product there wouldn't be pre-orders.

Man, we need to get a "like" button on this forum, i dont think anyone can say it better than you just did.
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
January 24, 2014, 04:22:11 AM
If the companies actually had a product there wouldn't be pre-orders.
Activity: 126
January 24, 2014, 04:17:15 AM
Yeah what you all said. Scam, ripp off, con, garbage. I feel sorry for all the idiots who order from these guys. 3 months from now you are going ti be in the same boat as the idiots who ordered from Bitco Miners and Xtreme minerz. Lost your BTC, and crying on this forum like we give a crap when everyone was very clear to warn you.

THIS IS A SCAM
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 24, 2014, 03:53:23 AM
Fuck these guys. I hope none of you are stupid enough to order from them.

"All orders are final once payment has been received. You may, however, upgrade a CirrusMine to a StratusMine – please contact us at [email protected] to arrange upgrade."

How to avoid the refund issue completely? Tell people they will never get one!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 24, 2014, 02:29:07 AM
I just checked their first blog post. Rebecca claims in her blog post that:

"I personally would like to give the in house web development team, who spent countless hours building and testing, perfecting the website. It truly is a fantastic platform to showcase our products."

After checking the website source code, you can see that they are using WordPress with a theme called "The Retailer". It is available for anyone to buy.

So no "in-house" BS and I declare that this website is a:

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Smiley
Activity: 168
January 24, 2014, 02:23:57 AM
I'll post of a comment to subscribe to this thread.

I have to say, if this is legit, then I feel sorry for Rebecca.  This is not a forum that is rational, nor kind to people.  The amount of money lost of con artists is astounding, so I can understand the reaction to some extent, but that's not going to make it any easier for a dedicated PR person.

Rebecca, I'm going to suggest you look around at some of the PR done by Cointerra on this forum.  It's excellent, and it's what you may need to do as well.  I would also urge you to read the commentary associated with this excellent PR, so you can set your expectations accordingly.  It's not pretty.

From a more practical angle...  why a 3 month pre-order?  Since the product shipment deadline is so close, I have to assume all the ASIC NRE is done.  You have hashing units, so the engineering samples have been delivered.  Are you gauging interest so you can buy the appropriate number of parts, or order the correct quantity of chips from the foundry?  3 months seems like a long marketing campaign for a product genre with such a ravenous demand.

Anyway, I hope you're for real, and I hope this forum doesn't ruin your life.  You're in for a rough 3-6 months.  Good luck.
Activity: 201
January 24, 2014, 02:11:37 AM

Why can't the parent company finance the production and still need to do pre-order? For over a year, the parent company I supposed has been supporting this project financially, why not up to the production of the miners?
Activity: 60
January 24, 2014, 02:01:49 AM
I don't think Bitron is it.  This might be the alleged parent company:

http://www.cms.uk.com/cms_company_profile.html

Someone local should give I.B. a call and see if CTS is his company:

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/ian-bentall/23/727/40; https://www.facebook.com/ian.bentall.7?fref=browse_search

Pages:
Jump to: