Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen? - page 74. (Read 86028 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250
January 03, 2016, 01:33:55 AM
Something will replace money, but doubt it will be bitcoin. It will be something developed by someone like Google or Amazon or some other reputable company because they will create something user friendly and allow governments to track transactions
Why should it be hesitate? It's easy to make transactions with bitcoin and there is no requirement that incriminate him. So maybe bitcoin could replace money as a medium of exchange because in my area has a lot of places that offer the transaction using bitcoin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 02, 2016, 04:14:40 PM
Something will replace money, but doubt it will be bitcoin. It will be something developed by someone like Google or Amazon or some other reputable company because they will create something user friendly and allow governments to track transactions
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
January 02, 2016, 04:11:48 PM
I doubt that bitcoin will ever replace local fiat currencies,  as has already been said the government just wont allow it to happen, they will fight tooth and nail to stop it, because it gives them control.  I do see bitcoin being used as some sort of world reserve currency that governments and corperations use as a protection.  there has been reports into this carried out already. 
Activity: 336
January 02, 2016, 03:24:24 PM
yes many places has started accepting bitcoins and it also motivates other shopes around them to accept it too but here the title says that bitcoin replaces money which is still a big question because the number of people using bitcoins are still not enough when we compare them with the number of peoples using bitcoins . on the other hand many peopkes are still not aware with this new currency but i think bitcoin has really spreading faster because its only just 5years completed and it has grabbed his grips on almost half of the world so it will not talk much timr to take over the remaining part and once 80% peoples suppirt it then there will have a lot of chances that it will replace money
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
January 02, 2016, 01:16:39 PM
Fiat money was born with a permanent weakness that it can not be used to store value long term wise. Bitcoin is exactly the opposite, so they tends to compensate each other in different function area: Fiat money for spending and bitcoin for saving
Activity: 322
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
January 02, 2016, 01:11:16 PM
i Don't think bitcoin will replaces fiat but they can coexist. I bet in future fiat will be only used to buy bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
January 02, 2016, 01:09:19 PM
I don't think bitcoin is able to completely replace fiat. I do believe however that bitcoin can be used as an alternative payment method.
I doubt that any governments want to accept bitcoin as their main currency.

Governments will never accept Bitcoin. It's simply because they don't have control anymore if they do accept Bitcoin as currency. I can see them create their own version of Bitcoin where they can rule everything like they do with fiat right now.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
January 02, 2016, 12:54:51 PM
I don't think bitcoin is able to completely replace fiat. I do believe however that bitcoin can be used as an alternative payment method.

yeah i fully agree its an awesome alternative Smiley
but dont be so sure on the guberment side, they will do anything it takes to get us all guilty until proven innocent, think about it, its impossible to prove your innocence in most situations, especially from a jail cell or fema work camp Sad this would benefit them no end, we ALL would be locked up in a matter of days on BS charges just so they had the right to rfid implant us all, and take away the cash system as we wouldnt need it, being truely equal in slavery, i hate to say it, but never underestimate the greed of the enemy Sad
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 02, 2016, 12:28:15 PM
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
January 02, 2016, 11:37:55 AM
dunno how many times i need to remind people that the masses are not as dumb as we would like, as long as internet access and electricity are chargeable, bitcoin will not get mass adoption, main reason im hearing is, id have no money if my internet got switched off, as much as i love bitcoin it will not get mass adoption, and with the guilty until proven innocent retardry around the forums, do you honestly blame them?Huh

we are innocent until proven guilty!!!!!

if we have to be guilty until proven innocent then im out, and anybody with intelligence wont jump aboard either, we are not steering society in the wrong direction, like it or lump it any soo called authorities that might be reading Sad
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
January 02, 2016, 11:27:34 AM
This can happen as possibilities are very high and to understand it better we can take money as example.If money can replace metal currency because it was more easy to handle with it than heavy metals coined then Bitcoin is much more useable with many advantages over money.

People are still uneducated when we are still using metals as currency but now it is a different story. How many government do you think wants to use bitcoin as their currency unless their own currency is having huge inflation like zimbabwe? there will be none of course
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
January 02, 2016, 09:59:33 AM
This can happen as possibilities are very high and to understand it better we can take money as example.If money can replace metal currency because it was more easy to handle with it than heavy metals coined then Bitcoin is much more useable with many advantages over money.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
January 02, 2016, 09:24:44 AM
Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

What do you think about this?

Bitcoin can replace the money only particularly and not fully because it is impossible.
By this we should understand that more people will use bitcoin and less will use fiat, dollar can't disappear.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 02, 2016, 09:15:40 AM
The problem would remain in convenience in use and simplicity and the advantage of BTC over creditcards etc... which are already allowing to buy items. it would need allot of advantages to encourage people to use something else.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
January 02, 2016, 08:23:57 AM
It will never gonna happen, bitcoin is like digital currency which value is compared against money. Bitcoin may remain as payment processor or better to say assets till the end. You will nver see bitcoin replacing all other money.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
January 02, 2016, 07:52:37 AM
We can also buy goods with fiat, I don't see your point here. If we can already do it with fiat, how is Bitcoin going to take over. It is like the saying, don't fix it if it ain't broken. At first I thought the government would never let this happen because thousands of people would lose their jobs, but then I realised that people could just go and work for a Bitcoin bank. Anywho, Bitcoin is never going to replace fiat.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
January 02, 2016, 06:10:41 AM
I highly doubt that Bitcoin would replace money in the near future. An obvious obstacle is not everybody has access to the internet, or even a computer. Each country wants to have its own currency, and some have gone extreme by banning Bitcoin completely. Also, the limited number of Bitcoin, being capped at 21M BTC, would be a problem if everybody started using Bitcoin as their primary way of trading, as many would want to save.

Yes we have to think about it will be very difficult for Bitcoin to replace the fiat currencies because of the reasons which you have already listed but still Bitcoin can work as a gift voucher or like credit or debit card amongst people who know what is Bitcoin and how to use it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2016, 01:26:19 AM
I highly doubt that Bitcoin would replace money in the near future. An obvious obstacle is not everybody has access to the internet, or even a computer. Each country wants to have its own currency, and some have gone extreme by banning Bitcoin completely. Also, the limited number of Bitcoin, being capped at 21M BTC, would be a problem if everybody started using Bitcoin as their primary way of trading, as many would want to save.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2016, 11:24:10 PM
I guess not, if bitcoin replace the money might happen imbalances in the world economy, may be an economic crisis in some countries or the world, because if bitcoin replaced with bitcoin amount of money that is issued will be more and more and make bitcoin itself worthless
Bitcoins are good for countries that are in economic crisis and are in trouble, like that post about Venezuela. The inflation there is crazy and the currency is falling apart. Bitcoin would be a great help for the country and could even help with securing their money. Encryption to their cash, instead of having it on hand.

Bitcoin is good for the people of the country to store value, but it cannot solve the underlying problems.
The underlying problems could be corruption, uncompetitive workforce, too much debt, etc.
Activity: 812
January 01, 2016, 12:34:16 AM
I guess not, if bitcoin replace the money might happen imbalances in the world economy, may be an economic crisis in some countries or the world, because if bitcoin replaced with bitcoin amount of money that is issued will be more and more and make bitcoin itself worthless
Ya maybe your opinion there is a point that can not replace currency bitcoin, but bitcoin could replace money as an exchange unit. For instance in my area rented cars can already use bitcoin, it indirectly that bitcoin has replaced money as a unit of exchange. Perhaps it is my opinion
Pages:
Jump to: