Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen? - page 75. (Read 86028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
December 31, 2015, 11:04:33 PM
let me link you to what i said earlier on similar topic. too much drag to type again

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1291832.60
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 31, 2015, 10:02:32 PM
its not happening anytime soon.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
December 31, 2015, 09:47:09 PM
I guess not, if bitcoin replace the money might happen imbalances in the world economy, may be an economic crisis in some countries or the world, because if bitcoin replaced with bitcoin amount of money that is issued will be more and more and make bitcoin itself worthless
Bitcoins are good for countries that are in economic crisis and are in trouble, like that post about Venezuela. The inflation there is crazy and the currency is falling apart. Bitcoin would be a great help for the country and could even help with securing their money. Encryption to their cash, instead of having it on hand.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
December 31, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
the answer is really clear bitcoin will be main payment proceccor, but the chance of this thing to be happening is so small while government trying to banned bitcoin but beside of it all there's a chance
Yeah that's my point, bitcoin will be become global currency that every country use it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 26, 2015, 05:31:07 PM
I certainly hope so that it happens but I am sure enough that it would not happens preety soon, if you ask me these is a very less possibility for happening of this and even if it would happen it would happen atleast a decade or maybe two decades to be on a safer side.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
December 26, 2015, 11:32:54 AM
Nowadays, bitcoin can not replace fiat completely.
Because there are a lot of places in the third world that do not have any electricity services nor internet connection. They will continue dealing with fiat of course
Maybe in the future something changes, as there are some initiative like internet.org which aims to provide these services for poor places

Yes bitcoin can never replace any money. Bitcoin is just an electronic currency and can’t change anything, and it is not supported in some countries, and not accepted, though is decentralized currency. Every country has its own currency, making different country people to completely use only bitcoin is currently not possible.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
December 26, 2015, 06:55:51 AM
Nowadays, bitcoin can not replace fiat completely.
Because there are a lot of places in the third world that do not have any electricity services nor internet connection. They will continue dealing with fiat of course
Maybe in the future something changes, as there are some initiative like internet.org which aims to provide these services for poor places
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
December 26, 2015, 06:02:11 AM
This could not happen, not every country is modernized enough to replace their currency for a virtual currency, this would not happen anytime soon, I do not think it will even ever happen.

But this virtual currency has the potential to turn users who are using their bank cards into using their bitcoin wallets. Yes the ration of bitcoin users will beat the traditional fiat users in near future for sure. The raising user bases and bitcoin adopting new merchants are some visible proof to that.

Replacement in the sense It will replace International transaction and this bitcoin will help more to common people who is not able pay to many taxes and other hidden charges. Instead of saving separate country banking system which have link International reserve banking system will get damage because of bitcoin transaction method. That’s why government is not allowing bitcoin.

I think Its good to save enough money to stand on so you will not be broke in the future. Imagine if 20 million people want to save 1 BTC for future spending, then we would only have 1 million BTC in circulation. I almost forgot about the BTC that has been destroyed so the number of BTC available for people to save and spend is less than 21 million total BTC. It is technically not possible to replace the U.S. dollar with Bitcoin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 26, 2015, 04:03:59 AM
It can never replace actual money as it is digital form of payment.
There will be times and places on earth where there is no eletricity or internet,
but still people need to pay the bills. The other thing is that computers/internet will
change so much in the next years, that in the near future it wont be as we know it today.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 26, 2015, 03:50:49 AM
This could not happen, not every country is modernized enough to replace their currency for a virtual currency, this would not happen anytime soon, I do not think it will even ever happen.

yeah some do not have internet also, like some poor country of africa, there is no way that those cna understand and use bitcoin

but on the other hands, hopefully you don't need anyone using bitcoin to have adoption
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
December 26, 2015, 03:18:50 AM

But this virtual currency has the potential to turn users who are using their bank cards into using their bitcoin wallets. Yes the ration of bitcoin users will beat the traditional fiat users in near future for sure. The raising user bases and bitcoin adopting new merchants are some visible proof to that.

Replacement in the sense It will replace International transaction and this bitcoin will help more to common people who is not able pay to many taxes and other hidden charges. Instead of saving separate country banking system which have link International reserve banking system will get damage because of bitcoin transaction method. That’s why government is not allowing bitcoin.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
December 26, 2015, 02:22:45 AM
I guess not, if bitcoin replace the money might happen imbalances in the world economy, may be an economic crisis in some countries or the world, because if bitcoin replaced with bitcoin amount of money that is issued will be more and more and make bitcoin itself worthless
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
December 26, 2015, 02:21:05 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 503
December 26, 2015, 01:38:27 AM
The first step is to get rid of hard currency.  Not replace it with Bitcoin, but just to start using a Debit/Credit only system.  This can happen with the use of Paypal, Apple and Google wallets we are not too far away. 

Here is the plan to make that happen(just joking)

1. We assemble a large group of people to go around and steal all the hard cash they can find.  This will make people wary to carry cash and make them move to digital currency.  For storage, just drop the stolen hard currency at my house and I will dispose of it.

2. Collect underwear.

3. ..........

4. Make Profit.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
December 26, 2015, 01:33:35 AM
Bitcoin is the future of the money surely it will replace old fiat currency very soon as like it is growing very healthy that is good sign it will be next generation currency.

I feel bitcoin turned in future's powerful money transaction medium and It will replace USD place in world's stock exchange transactions but It will not replace fiat cash because according to all country they have maintain some fiat value stream. In that case We can't replace dude.
Activity: 266
December 25, 2015, 11:12:16 PM
Activity: 812
December 25, 2015, 10:46:57 PM
Interesting question.
Isn't bitcoin also money in some way, if we can use BTC and money for the same purpose- to buy some product or service?
Question should be different, can virtual money replace real one (on the paper)?
I don't think this will happen in the near future because of our habits and complicate procedures to do this in reality but in long term, who knows? Smiley

In 40 years from now may bitcoin could replace the money in the transaction? Jaman has been growing rapidly nothing is likely to happen, right?

I never look at another discussion forum that there is a direct buy a carton of milk using bitcoin. Did not it indirectly replace the function of money as a medium of exchange? Maybe it was new in some areas, but does not rule out the possibility that the next few years it could happen in all regions of the world? Time will go ahead and will always evolving era, nothing is unlikely to happen .. Time will tell you later
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 25, 2015, 06:20:58 PM
It has a very miniscule chance of this happening but replacing physical fiat is something on a entire different plain.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
December 25, 2015, 06:17:19 PM
Bitcoin has arrived to the financial world as the most innovative and modern currency and payment processor, but it should not have any problem to live with the other options in the future. Bitcoin has been designed to be an option, but not an obligation for anyone. For instance, fiat money have not been able to displace the gold as a store of value after several centuries.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
December 25, 2015, 05:51:16 PM
It will never be happen its imposible fiat is a physical money of every each country.
And bitcoins is online money which is world wide can use bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: