Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen? - page 76. (Read 86028 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 25, 2015, 05:45:39 PM
trust me it's happening it's a metter of time until all fiat are gone and bitcoin will rule all other altcoins
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
December 25, 2015, 05:33:45 PM
Not really, because you still calculate the price based on money.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 25, 2015, 05:06:30 PM
Bitcoin is the future of the money surely it will replace old fiat currency very soon as like it is growing very healthy that is good sign it will be next generation currency.

Can't see Bitcoin replace even the weakest fiat currency. The government there will issue their own digital currency if they do need to replace their old fashion currency. They don't like giving out the control that they so much love. They will come up with something that allows them to still rule their economy.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
December 25, 2015, 04:13:10 PM
Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

What do you think about this?
Guys if you say Bitcoins will replace the money in paper which we touches will never going to happen. Bitcoins is degital! Money ,we can say its same like credit card where a plastic band touches the machine and payments is done . but if we regularly use the transactions in bitcoins then people will like to use it in every transactions in their daily life.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
December 25, 2015, 03:50:00 PM
This would happen but it will take a long time as the resources to do something like this are just not available. It would need to happen gradually starting with one country first then another. Step by step an in succession for others to see that it can work. Then I can see other countries following suit an accepting bitcoin as a primary currency.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 25, 2015, 03:41:04 PM
Yup bro... obviously!!
Nearly my friend has started accepting bitcoin payment...
And so many traders came to there to learn about btc...
So i m sure bitcoin will replace fiat..
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 25, 2015, 12:49:57 PM
No bitcoin can never replace fiat as the concept of bitcoin and fiat are completely too different things..bitcoins can't be understood by poor people who don't have much Knowledge of Technology and they can't afford to use bitcoins..People prefer cash to buy goods in real life in day to day situations..even though i myself agree bitcoin is great and completely change the aspect of money but still it can never replace cash for above mentioned reasons.
Activity: 778
Merit: 500
December 25, 2015, 12:43:46 PM
This isn't going to happen.
I and more people will always like to fiat money. Mostly for daily transactions.
So no money will be replaced just staying alive next to each other.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
December 25, 2015, 12:36:48 PM
Interesting question.
Isn't bitcoin also money in some way, if we can use BTC and money for the same purpose- to buy some product or service?
Question should be different, can virtual money replace real one (on the paper)?
I don't think this will happen in the near future because of our habits and complicate procedures to do this in reality but in long term, who knows? Smiley
Activity: 686
December 25, 2015, 12:29:34 PM
Bitcoin is the future of the money surely it will replace old fiat currency very soon as like it is growing very healthy that is good sign it will be next generation currency.
Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 25, 2015, 12:27:17 PM
Bitcoin replacing the money? That's an cryptic questions mate.

I suggest you mean fiat? It could be possible but i don't believe we should aim for that. The main focus should be to grow the bitcoin eco-system.
The more transaction by more people the stronger bitcoin as a payment system could be.
legendary
Activity: 1008
December 25, 2015, 11:49:32 AM
It would take little more time to go to mainstream than it would get widely adoption all around the world so that after this kind of huge adoption it could possible to use directly at any area of the world but we have to wait for this little more.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
December 25, 2015, 11:48:17 AM
not so different than making toilet paper, but they decided that the fancy one has a value  Cheesy

and they still call this real money, when it's the first thing that has less value in the world...
Well, bitcoin from the other hand is just a number stored in the blockchain. I don't see much difference here. Both bitcoin and FIAT have little intrinsic value imo.
The difference is that bitcoin value is ultimately determined by what people are willing to trade for - by supply and demand and FIAT economy is centrally controlled.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
December 25, 2015, 11:44:19 AM
Bitcoin can't really "replace money" since its a currency thus money.
Furthermore i don't believe Bitcoin will replace others currencies completely..  I think a majority of people using Bitcon is a goal which is big enough
Yes indeed may bitcoin can not replace the money but I think very likely bitcoin can replace credit cards.

Looks like it could happen
Activity: 672
December 25, 2015, 11:40:21 AM
Bitcoin's already money, it's a full and real currency , just not used like fiat till now
But i think the things will change with time and Bitcoin will be used more than fiat in the future
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
December 25, 2015, 11:36:17 AM
Bitcoin cannot replace any kind of money used legally in every country and which has the status of the national currency of the given country. For to many reasons. I am giving here two of those. First, a national money must be owned for sure by that country. Cannot be used as a national money or national currency a similar one which is not owned by that country because this, first of all, can put in risk the stability of the economy of that country. Then another reason is that the national money must be centralized in order that can be managed according the monetary policies decided by the Governments in collaboration with the Central Banks (which has as the first duty the managing and the take care of this money).

Yes, current rules are these. But next generation representatives (or maybe voted in direct democracy system) may change any such rules, and ending centralization replacing with more effective free markets might make a lot of sence. And moving to decentralized cryptocurrency system is not possible soon anyway because of technical limitations like bandwich/storage cost - if/once these costs are much lower compared with today situation, only then it makes sence to ask whether people want replace fiat with decentralized cryptocurrency.

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
December 25, 2015, 11:20:11 AM
bitcoin cannot replace money, but it will be one of the alternative of money, like gold
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 25, 2015, 11:19:18 AM
Bitcoin cannot replace any kind of money used legally in every country and which has the status of the national currency of the given country. For to many reasons. I am giving here two of those. First, a national money must be owned for sure by that country. Cannot be used as a national money or national currency a similar one which is not owned by that country because this, first of all, can put in risk the stability of the economy of that country. Then another reason is that the national money must be centralized in order that can be managed according the monetary policies decided by the Governments in collaboration with the Central Banks (which has as the first duty the managing and the take care of this money).

The dollar is no longer owned by the US government. It is created by the private banks.
The dollar has put the stability of the country at risk imho.
The dollar is no longer centralised, only the debts resulting from reckless lending

The same is true for many other countries. This is why Merkel had to steal from the Greek people in an attempt to shore up the German Douchebank.

The United States dollar is created by the Federal Reserve, which is not owned by the US government.  The US government lends dollars from the federal reserve. Is there any other entity creating dollars?

Money creation in progress:

not so different than making toilet paper, but they decided that the fancy one has a value  Cheesy

and they still call this real money, when it's the first thing that has less value in the world...
Activity: 546
December 25, 2015, 11:16:28 AM
No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
Governments can introduce their own crypytoversion of their fiat but to say that bitcoin will replace them is not possible.Bitcoin has limited supply it cant be used by everyone for all the transctions taking place every second globally we definitily need more cryptos
I do believe that it is possible that Bitcoin will be able handle the majority of transactions globally within twenty years, since our technology will advance to allow this to happen. However I do think that in practice this would be distributed across several cryptocurrencies as you describe but not necessarily out of necessity but more likely due to preference and ideology.
legendary
Activity: 854
December 25, 2015, 10:54:19 AM
No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
Governments can introduce their own crypytoversion of their fiat but to say that bitcoin will replace them is not possible.Bitcoin has limited supply it cant be used by everyone for all the transctions taking place every second globally we definitily need more cryptos
Pages:
Jump to: