Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin the enabler - Truly Autonomous Software Agents roaming the net - page 2. (Read 43851 times)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500
Minimum Effort/Maximum effect
LOL! Probably have a gaggle of bots following me.

"Hi facebook, google? how you doin?"

Google recently was complaining that there new Omega architecture has just begun operation and emergent behaviour has already been observed on their servers.

Don't worry it's probably just my shadow. I got nothing to hide so,... it can follow me all it wants.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
suggestion: satoshi is skynet, and it created bitcoin, because of its need to expand.

You know too much!!! but yeah this technology creates some really crazy possibilities that we cannot imagine at the moment.

Has anyone seen the new Firefox OS with Open Web technology so that the internet can access your hardware directly... mind blowing possibilities there: Direct Autonomous Cloud access wherever you go, the A.I. Cloud can now come with you wherever you go. Oh man sooner or later The Internet is going to become self aware!

... yeah sooner or later ... i guess you didn't notice that bot following you around?
suggestion: satoshi is skynet, and it created bitcoin, because of its need to expand.

You know too much!!! but yeah this technology creates some really crazy possibilities that we cannot imagine at the moment.

Has anyone seen the new Firefox OS with Open Web technology so that the internet can access your hardware directly... mind blowing possibilities there: Direct Autonomous Cloud access wherever you go, the A.I. Cloud can now come with you wherever you go. Oh man sooner or later The Internet is going to become self aware!

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
Hehe, that was mentioned around page 3 or 4. 
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
I've been thinking about this since I first saw the thread.  Couldn't help but write about it a few weeks ago.  Let me know what you think.  You'll see many of the ideas proposed here and other places that mirror the ideas in this thread.  I wanted to answer some of the statements, and create a more holistic vision of what could be coming.

http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/11/bitcoin-skynet/
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
My god, we live in interesting times.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
I could see this being a fiction book.

We're already living in a fiction ... some of that shit happening on Wall St ... well, you just couldn't make it up!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

I could see this being a non-fiction book some day
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
If it is logical in survival to be kind to the host then bitcoin will treat us just fine.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 370
So, what happens if an autonomous agent commits a crime, such as not paying taxes on its business earnings, or hiring illegals, or allowing US residents to gamble online, or operating an MSB without a license?

What's criminal about any of that? That's liberating. Being able to keep what you earn, hire who will voluntarily work for you and spend what you earn how you want are wonderful things. Operating an MSB without a license? We don't need no stinking licenses.

That freedom is what attracts me to bitcoin and autonomous agents. So I can't address this question, except to say let's party.

It's pretty impractical to go after its creator, so the worst the government can do is shut it down. But then it just pops up somewhere else, maybe even with its funds send out of dodge automatically via a deadman's switch. They'd have to go after those points where it interfaces with actual businesses and people, like by arresting the businesses it deals with, the illegals it hires, the US residents that gamble with it, and going after the banks it deals with as an MSB. But as with Bitcoin, when there is no longer any need to deal with fiat systems, a lot of that attack surface vanishes.

Yes, exactly. Government is going away because of this. That is why I love it.
So, what happens if an autonomous agent commits a crime, such as not paying taxes on its business earnings, or hiring illegals, or allowing US residents to gamble online, or operating an MSB without a license? It's pretty impractical to go after its creator, so the worst the government can do is shut it down. But then it just pops up somewhere else, maybe even with its funds send out of dodge automatically via a deadman's switch. They'd have to go after those points where it interfaces with actual businesses and people, like by arresting the businesses it deals with, the illegals it hires, the US residents that gamble with it, and going after the banks it deals with as an MSB. But as with Bitcoin, when there is no longer any need to deal with fiat systems, a lot of that attack surface vanishes.

You mean an autonomous A.I. Botnet? What if a Botnet was a A.I. that did whatever it could to gain wealth by providing all available services? Even Illegal ones, basically programmed to meet all the needs of humanity?

That is an interesting question isn't it?

A A.I. that cannot be shut down because it is distributed and what if it's cause is condoned by a vast majority of society? How powerful could it get, If it is smart enough it could re-program itself, learn programming languages, barter with people, make deals, systems, new paradigms all to meet human needs in exchange for wealth... maybe even acting as a business that provides services and goods automatically.

No one would be able to shut it down, It's counter would have to be created and backed by established systems, but our society would not be prepared for such an A.I.; it is too chaotic, everyone for themselves type world, a methodical, systematic, intelligent machine could only be countered by another. That agent would embody the principals of the system to maintain the status quo and would have to be backed by processing power and scope... I am sure a whole new world of law enforcement would emerge,  the new trying to fight the old.

As with any system both would adapt to the point of equilibrium where both paradigms expend the minimal amount of energy to co-exist, or expand all energy for destructive purpose soon to deplete all available resources.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
So, what happens if an autonomous agent commits a crime, such as not paying taxes on its business earnings, or hiring illegals, or allowing US residents to gamble online, or operating an MSB without a license? It's pretty impractical to go after its creator, so the worst the government can do is shut it down. But then it just pops up somewhere else, maybe even with its funds send out of dodge automatically via a deadman's switch. They'd have to go after those points where it interfaces with actual businesses and people, like by arresting the businesses it deals with, the illegals it hires, the US residents that gamble with it, and going after the banks it deals with as an MSB. But as with Bitcoin, when there is no longer any need to deal with fiat systems, a lot of that attack surface vanishes.
Activity: 354
Merit: 103
It just dawned on me that bitcoin has all the properties of an autonomous agent roaming the net.
Activity: 370
So imagine this:

Ebay clone app/agent launched in to the wild.

Source code is on git.

Self-updating/Forks have the option of being listed on a fund raiser section of site to launch a clone of the site via that fork. If it raises enough for it's own hosting it launches it in to the wild.

If it only keeps enough profit to pay for it's hosting we've just put out a competitor to Ebay operating on razor thin margins. Since it's open source it can update itself or just fund raise for the next major/minor/fork to be launched. Users are free to migrate between versions/forks. If a site doesn't attract enough users to pay for it's hosting it goes down. Literally, community driven survival of the fittest, self-competing, practically free service. Can it be more capitalist than that?

legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
I think this one may take a little while to materialize - but simple versions could appear once there are enough for-bitcoin hosting/cloud services.

For the first time, there exists the possibility for a software agent to roam the internet with it's own wallet.
Using Bitcoin - It could purchase the resources it needs to survive (hosting/cpu/memory) and sell services to other agents or to humans.

To be truly effective and survive 'out there on the net' long term, you'd probably need some basic AI and the ability to move itself between service providers occasionally - but even a relatively dumb agent might survive for a while.

What initial goals such agents might be given is anyone's guess. Funneling back to the programmer any profit  over and above what the agent needs to survive would be the obvious case, and of course many such agents might be considered 'nefarious' depending on how they're programmed to achieve that goal.  Other agents might be designed to provide free services or act in a way to support some piece of internet infrastructure.

A really interesting development would be if someone released a bunch of these things with a Genetic Algorithm component so that they 'bred' with each other in order to find the best balance between profit and durability.

Anyone know of examples of people discussing or working on this?  

a necessary requirement are yellow pages which describe the services and how it can be bind during runtime automated.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
I also want to be a pet. My cats have it made! They don't work or pay rent, they are well groomed and have free health care that is better than most humans. Take me overlords. I would love to sit in your cold metallic lap.

Whenever you play angry birds on your smartphone, or anything like that, that's basically what happens.

Pages:
Jump to: