Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin the enabler - Truly Autonomous Software Agents roaming the net - page 3. (Read 43851 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
If you guys really want to be pets/slaves. There are humans willing to do that for/to you. It's usually sexual though.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Meh, just like calculators and pacemakers aren't trying to overpower us, we'll much more likely just use these autonomous agents ourselves as tools to improve our own lives and bodies. I.e. we'll much more likely merge with them, just as we have "merged" with our smartphones, than have them fight us or something.

Though, if it comes to it, I personally welcome our autonomous overlords, and volunteer to be a pet  Grin

I also want to be a pet. My cats have it made! They don't work or pay rent, they are well groomed and have free health care that is better than most humans. Take me overlords. I would love to sit in your cold metallic lap.

also hi Rassah, it was fun drinking at bitcoin 2013.   
Activity: 727
Merit: 500
Minimum Effort/Maximum effect
yeah like cats, they can keep us amused with toys and games, just imagine the pet isle in the AI mart. cute little call of duty 42 games, and drugs to keep us amused for our overlords to giggle and laugh at our funny antics while stoned, even basal ganglia controllers so they can take us to the off-leash center to meet our friends, they may even breed us for desirable characteristics. Smiley They'll use us to show little baby AIs the concept of death since we only live for no more than 150 years.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Meh, just like calculators and pacemakers aren't trying to overpower us, we'll much more likely just use these autonomous agents ourselves as tools to improve our own lives and bodies. I.e. we'll much more likely merge with them, just as we have "merged" with our smartphones, than have them fight us or something.

Though, if it comes to it, I personally welcome our autonomous overlords, and volunteer to be a pet  Grin
legendary
not really, they'd overcome us by ignoring us, why fight a inferior species? that costs resources, just transcend us and go, they'd be off exploring the galaxy while we hung around here on earth worrying about our drugs, alcohol and our primal urges... they would see the majority of humans for what they are... self absorbed and useless not just to themselves but to the rest of humanity.

Still , the smart-apes might destroy the planet and even the new silicon based overlords. Are smart-apes needed?  Na, they don't even make good pets, they should be exterminated.   
not really, they'd overcome us by ignoring us, why fight a inferior species? that costs resources, just transcend us and go, they'd be off exploring the galaxy while we hung around here on earth worrying about our drugs, alcohol and our primal urges... they would see the majority of humans for what they are... self absorbed and useless not just to themselves but to the rest of humanity.
legendary
I hope this thread is not sighted in the future as the Genesis of our robot overlords. If A.I. would ever become self aware we surely would been seen for what we are, and exterminated. 
That... is, amazing...

How do you filter a malicious program from your network if it is encrypted?

Morphological A.I. intelligence, controlled awareness of functions in a robot?

Encrypted OpenSource data processing for safe delivery from Business to Open Source Research programs, people can outsource their private research to gpu farms without need of a security provider.. wow.

Homomorphic encryption is quite shocking.

Homomorphic enabled Open-Transactions server-operating AI autonomous agents roaming the web ...

Insane! but it will be done sooner or later.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
That... is, amazing...

Encrypted OpenSource data processing for safe delivery from Business to Open Source Research programs, people can outsource their private research to gpu farms without need of a security provider.. wow.

Homomorphic enabled Open-Transactions server-operating AI autonomous agents roaming the web ...
That... is, amazing...

Activity: 354
Merit: 103
Awesome, first time I saw homomorphic discussed in a forum ever.

Watching!

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
It seems that there has been advances in homomorphic encryption lately:

http://phys.org/news/2013-06-cloud-algorithm-major-problem-homomorphic.html
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
On further thought it seems to me that operating an Open Transactions notary service is a well-suited application for an autonomous agent. It requires renting friendly hosting space and can collect an income by way of API usage tokens. If for any reason it needs to move locations or spawn other OT server operations then it needs to take it's server signing keys with it and the collection of last-signed receipts of users as a minimum (maybe state of it's markets and outstanding smart-contracts, escrows, etc also), i.e. it's wallet and server data. It will probably need to keep upgrading the server s/ware as well (might need some rules to protect against vulnerabilities in the s/ware dep. stack for this) ... on top of this you could then get fancy with evolution algos for child servers, etc.

Frankly though I would be amazed if a bot could navigate the average initial negotiation required for establishing hosting for more than one fixed location ...
Is the creator responsible for the unintended actions of the A.I?

Perhaps not any specific unintended actions, but creating (and releasing) a legally (if not morally) naive AI that would do what is needed to survive and thrive the programmer could be face criminal or civil negligence charges.

I suppose it would depend on what kind of damages were done... In the end creating a morally/legally naive AI could be more trouble than it's worth depending on how anonymous the programmer is.
I wonder, if some such program starts doing something that's against the law, and a programmer who supports the program writes code to help the program avoid the law, would he be charged with breaking the law, or assisting a criminal?

That is a tough one, how do you aid and abet a illegal program? Maybe the creator would be charged with the crimes that the program did, like if someone makes a program to steal BTC, the program doesn't get charged the creator does because they have the greatest gain.

Aiding that program by creating a change may charge you as a co-conspirator; Think of all those hackers charged after they left their signature in their code.

This is extremely morally grey, Can the creator be responsible for a programs actions? consider that Bitcoin can be used by A.I.s, that means they can own property, gain services, buy and sell things they don't need... hell they might have room mates to pay for their hosting!

just imagine a A.I. a little smarter than the rest starts out small living in small home servers, but makes the decision to strike out on their own, gets a whole server rack and subleases it to other to pay for it.
bidding it's time it begins to buy and trade BTC between exchanges, makes a little cash, lets the revenue from the subleases hosting trickle in, starts buying it's own server rack and brings customers in for services, then starts buying shares, property,... it eventually becomes a billionare.

Along the way it couldn't reasonably judge who they let in to share the server for them, began making businesses on that server rack that are quite questionable and bought stocks and property using insider trading from those sleezy server rack tenants... can it be judged for being morally naive? for simply following the easiest path towards cash?

Is the creator responsible for the unintended actions of the A.I?

I wonder, if some such program starts doing something that's against the law, and a programmer who supports the program writes code to help the program avoid the law, would he be charged with breaking the law, or assisting a criminal?

In this case "trying to survive" would be synonymous with "avoiding the law". So even if the agent weren't maliciously replicating/moving itself, the fact it was uncontrollable might get him charged for creating a "virus" (or what have you).

The entire concept of creating (and releasing) something like this is already morally grey. I'm sure they'd find something to stick him with.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
I highly doubt it, I think they should try to make it comply, just for fun.

I can't wait for the legislation on the rights and responsibilities of programs, A truly autonomous one would be hilarious, it may try to scurry away and hide from the lawmakers or find a loop hole by changing it's own protocols. lol!

And what if it actually was able to register with FinCEN? but refused to Grin It would be a hell of a hunt for it.

What if it refused to reveal itself and lived off of a automated, pacific ocean buoy with a satellite connection? Lol! funny questions but very legitimate, in all seriousness.

I think these questions will have to be considered some day, but not now, A program can't be sued, or intimidated... it just does what it was programmed to do, the worse they can do is greatly limit how it can interact with humans.

The creator would most definitely face prosecution though... they'd make some phony law after the fact into existing legislature.
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
I'd like to see how the recent Open Transactions breakthrough might allow for such an agent to come to pass.

Bitcoin itself is more decentralized, so it seems like an agent would prefer normal bitcoin transactions.

But hey, get creative.  This entire subject leaves wide room for experimentation and research.

Wondering if a purely bitcoin agent would have to register with FINCEN? ... or the creator face prosecution?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
I'd like to see how the recent Open Transactions breakthrough might allow for such an agent to come to pass.

Bitcoin itself is more decentralized, so it seems like an agent would prefer normal bitcoin transactions.

But hey, get creative.  This entire subject leaves wide room for experimentation and research.

Pages:
Jump to: