Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin trading strategy - page 11. (Read 13734 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
May 19, 2015, 03:54:04 PM
Yes its true. For trading that is a bad idea to do martingale because you need to spend most of your fiat to buy bitcoin but with gambling I guess some people prove it that its working and at least you can cover your loss and still get some profit with it. I just experienced it before and after that I loss them all to because I was too greedy  Grin

Martingale strategy in trading will have the same effect as martingale in a gambling sites which is a lose sooner or later but if you are truly good in trading especially in reading graphs than this strategy could be well applied to it

how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling

It could be applied for binary options trading since it will be just the same as the usual martingale strategy that is used for gambling though

I guess that is true but it will have a lot of risk in doing martingale altough if you good in reading graphic and your analyze is almost perfect but you could make a mistake too so its too risky to do martingale in trading. Better to trade like usual and hope to get profit from it and dont expect too much from martingale things

Excellent skill in reading graphs and analysis is not a guarantee that you will never lose in trading. It is just as an insurance that will give you a better chance to "win" in trading. Golden rule of trading : each time someone get a profit, there will be someone who lost.
You cant always "win" in trading therefore there is a term to "cut loss' for pro trader

Actually the price has been pretty stable at around 220-240 USD since the end of January. If the price going up and down by $10 is "declining day by day" then you must be a day trader aiming at small movements. Most people don't care if it goes up or down by a few bucks and wait for a significant move like another $300 approach or a fall below $200.

Well you know me, Im not a day trader, a gambler suits me better  Wink. I just got some skills in reading graphs or so thus this enable me to know about this "small movement" which is declining day by day.
True that most people dont care unless the price goes up or down by atleast $25 or so but since this thread is about trading strategy that is why I posted that though to make people aware the declining prices  Wink

P.S : Plus I read alot of graphs analysis so yeah Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 19, 2015, 08:27:15 AM
Yes its true. For trading that is a bad idea to do martingale because you need to spend most of your fiat to buy bitcoin but with gambling I guess some people prove it that its working and at least you can cover your loss and still get some profit with it. I just experienced it before and after that I loss them all to because I was too greedy  Grin

Martingale strategy in trading will have the same effect as martingale in a gambling sites which is a lose sooner or later but if you are truly good in trading especially in reading graphs than this strategy could be well applied to it

how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling

It could be applied for binary options trading since it will be just the same as the usual martingale strategy that is used for gambling though

I guess that is true but it will have a lot of risk in doing martingale altough if you good in reading graphic and your analyze is almost perfect but you could make a mistake too so its too risky to do martingale in trading. Better to trade like usual and hope to get profit from it and dont expect too much from martingale things
legendary
May 19, 2015, 06:01:35 AM
The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?

This is known as a long term strategy in BTC trading but as you know that this strategy is quite risky especially with the current state of the price where you can see that the price is declining day by day.

Your prediciton is a bit off there as no one could ever guarantee that the price is going to raise up because all we can see that the market itself is now controlled by pure manipulation of some group of whales.

Not to mention that satoshi himself said that there will be either alot of BTC transaction in the future or nothing.
This actually indicates that satoshi himself is not even sure about the future as things might happen
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 19, 2015, 05:36:42 AM
The best  strategy is buying now and never sell it until the price going to $10000. You can't think the price is only $200+, right?
legendary
May 18, 2015, 02:26:34 PM
You will find a critique of this if you look around the forum. Basically there are two problems: 1 you might run out of means before you win, and 2 if you win, you win only the size of your first bet (while you set a much larger sum to risk).

Very true, I just stumbled upon this post to give critique about martingale. It is a strategy but not a winning strategy though. Add another third scenario for it, even if you have infinite balance there will be maximum bet in each sites that prevent you from keeping your martingale option

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 18, 2015, 12:25:00 PM

I don't say that averaging down is a good idea (unless you know what you are doing), but using martingale when betting is a sure way to lose in the long run. There is a multi-paged thread in the Gambling section of here just about that...

There is no winning strategy in gambling given the positive house edge
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
May 18, 2015, 12:21:49 PM
trading strategy just need patience, if you see bitcoin down, please dont panic sell.
or you use martiangle strategy.

Yes I agree on that, everything you do will always need a patience but how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling and you really need a lot of cash to do it but trading some people dont have a good bitcoin to do martingale

For every dollar you lose in bitcoin, buy bitcoin for two dollars!

I dont think this can be a good way to earn back what you loss. It will be just like a spending your money to buy again and again, you can cover the loss from trading because the profit that you get can't cover it. It is not like a gambling that can double your money when you win so your loss will be covered

Do you mean that it works in gambling?

You will find a critique of this if you look around the forum. Basically there are two problems: 1 you might run out of means before you win, and 2 if you win, you win only the size of your first bet (while you set a much larger sum to risk).
legendary
May 18, 2015, 12:07:23 PM
trading strategy just need patience, if you see bitcoin down, please dont panic sell.

Yes I agree on that, everything you do will always need a patience but how do you trading with martingale method? Is that even work for trading? Because what I know is martingale is only for gambling and you really need a lot of cash to do it but trading some people dont have a good bitcoin to do martingale

I dont think this can be a good way to earn back what you loss. It will be just like a spending your money to buy again and again, you can cover the loss from trading because the profit that you get can't cover it. It is not like a gambling that can double your money when you win so your loss will be covered

legendary
May 18, 2015, 11:20:02 AM

legendary
May 18, 2015, 11:16:14 AM

legendary
May 18, 2015, 11:11:31 AM

legendary
May 18, 2015, 10:20:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 18, 2015, 07:55:10 AM
Sell in isolated markets where Bitcoin is highly valuable and not readily available. You can find them online, but places like Local Bitcoins and such will only offer competitive rates. Find a market where there is less competition and increase profit margins.
the problem is there is no ppl there who are interested at bitcoin! So it will be difficulty to find a buyer for the high price.

you can try to sell your btc here on the market with a +6% then buy from someone else at 5%, 1% pure profit, this is still trading, it is also done off market so will not influence the over all price so much

it's the best trading you can do, there are only some risk due to scammers that are always around
Activity: 350
May 18, 2015, 03:37:21 AM
Sell in isolated markets where Bitcoin is highly valuable and not readily available. You can find them online, but places like Local Bitcoins and such will only offer competitive rates. Find a market where there is less competition and increase profit margins.
the problem is there is no ppl there who are interested at bitcoin! So it will be difficulty to find a buyer for the high price.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1007
May 17, 2015, 12:39:49 PM
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
May 16, 2015, 05:13:30 AM
Make a service for people in your neighbourhood that want bitcoin, but dont know how to buy them. You can easily get 10% on each transaction that way. Especially if you buy on an eschange with low value and show them the value where btc is higher.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
May 16, 2015, 01:42:12 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 15, 2015, 11:35:02 PM
Most traders will either buy and sell bitcoin on a daily basis, or hold  bitcoins on the grounds that its price will increase in the long term.
Yeah the main strategy buy and sell bitcoin. Many people use this method so that they can earn a profit and also they would have a friends that they trust him.
legendary
May 15, 2015, 03:55:26 PM
Buy low and sell high, but the problem is that it is easy to see the good entry and exit points that have been, it is difficult to see the ones that will come in the future.
Activity: 271
May 15, 2015, 03:34:35 PM
Most traders will either buy and sell bitcoin on a daily basis, or hold  bitcoins on the grounds that its price will increase in the long term.
Pages:
Jump to: