Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Vs Altcoin - page 5. (Read 3301 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
December 06, 2017, 11:32:42 AM
No doubt about it that bitcoin is relatively safe than altcoin for now but as a crypto trader one have to buy alt to accumulate more bitcoin after a thorough DYOR (do your own research)
It is really safe and one can really be at rest when holding bitcoin compared to any altcoins.
Yes, for trading purposes sometimes, some alts have really done well for profit purpose and I really do not see why trading some of them when the chart activities give them up to load up some profit for whoever is able to get in fast.

Alts days are here though until we start seeing another bull run but we are already into the days of bitcoins hence why we need to wait for something which may be not come into action forever too ?
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 12:54:44 PM
i thnk bitcoin is the best compare to other altcoin.bitcoin price  is increased very fast and it has a lot demand and market value to this world.i prefer bitcoin than any other altcoin and i am holding bitcoin to get profit.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 12:08:54 PM
Although Bitcoin is the most expensive cryptocurrency, in most cases it is much more profitable to trade with altcoins. And here the best choice is to keep in your wallet at least 8-10 alts to make operations with all of them when the right time for each one comes. This is my opinion.
Activity: 378
Merit: 19
December 02, 2017, 10:25:48 AM
Bitcoin is main-currency, but ETH now is base-platform for another projects.

We are waiting for Universa and Dealbox platform. they have strong teams too!
Activity: 168
December 02, 2017, 10:22:21 AM
If that is the case i will still choose bitcoin because it iwll never lose the battle of being the most trusted one and the mose reliable one in the sense of allowing your time and effort to be counted.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 02:56:48 AM
I'm not sure if any alt can topple BTC as the "main coin" but they are defintely profitable and have many different features besides just regular old Bitcoin. That said, altcoins are still underground and will stay that way for a long time, as only BTC is mainstream atm.
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
December 02, 2017, 02:50:52 AM
Bitcoin always better than alternative coin, it is much safer to invest and 100% you will gain profit in short or long term investment. Also bitcoin can used as cash to purchase your needs and wants which is altcoin can not. Altcoin is only good for trading but it depends on the altcoin there are some coin are scam that is why we need to choose the best coin that will gives good profit to us.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 02, 2017, 02:41:04 AM
Hello,

As we all awaiting the outcome of the Hardfork, many investors are presently on BTC.

What altcoin will you trade against BTC after fork 🍴?

I think the first choose altcoin to trade after BTC fork is ethereum, its my favorite altcoin.  Grin Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
December 02, 2017, 02:33:30 AM
Bitcoin is better than altcoin because their is much large gap between altcoin or any altcoins to bitcoin, btc has a very large amount ans value, btc has many sponsors, investors and users, while altcoin has many kinds but it is not enough to be at the status of bitcoin, thats why it has a very big gap.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
December 02, 2017, 02:25:43 AM
Oh this is a tough question -- I think ALT coins are better than BTC - because BTC is so expensive right now and all the people who hold it and a lot of it are people who started when it was worth nothing.

Maybe there were a times that alternative coins are better into bitcoin but there were instances that bitcoin are more better than altcoins. It was really happen because both of this coin have their own differences. Both of this have own strength and weakness so I think it's better to hold both of this coin.
Activity: 364
December 02, 2017, 01:55:46 AM
Both the Ether vs Bitcoin will have a good currency, both of which are expanding rapidly in the market. Both
bitcoin and ether have become complementary to each other. The attention of both the mediators is
attracting more attention. Both  it is time saving easy way to earn profit.
Activity: 36
November 30, 2017, 10:10:43 PM
I naturally sway away from BTC and focus on alts - purely for the business case perspective. What can be implemented on some alt coins technology from Smart Contract perspectives (ETH, ADA etc) I believe will change businesses globally, as the potential to make processes more efficient, streamlined and risk free via these more complex smart contracts is undeniable. This is why I naturally lend towards investing in Alts (specifically those capable of complex smart contract development).

There's also the other key perspective, which is anonymity - there is a very exciting alt market now (see deep onion) who are harnessing the potential of fully anonynmous transactions on the blockchain; and the business use case for these coins is tremendous. These are the other Alt opportunties that personally have caught my eye a great deal
Activity: 224
November 30, 2017, 09:05:12 PM
Bitcoin is not against altcoins, these are two different things and alts are not alts, there are so many different so they can be together but the whole markets are crazy in crypto
Activity: 131
November 30, 2017, 08:54:51 PM
Oh this is a tough question -- I think ALT coins are better than BTC - because BTC is so expensive right now and all the people who hold it and a lot of it are people who started when it was worth nothing.
Activity: 140
★Jetwin.com★
November 30, 2017, 08:51:42 PM
All altcoins have been suffering a lot the past week... When bitcoin jumps up, they jump as well but in a lower percentage... And when Bitcoin corrects down, they come down as well but in a higher percentage. The market is completely relying on Bitcoin's price swings and alts are always lagging behind (this might change in the very near future once the volatility caused by the 11k surge calms down).
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
November 30, 2017, 08:43:39 PM
Hello,

As we all awaiting the outcome of the Hardfork, many investors are presently on BTC.

What altcoin will you trade against BTC after fork 🍴?
in the next year will be a lot hard fork then from that I sell all my altcoin and I exchange to Bitcoin to get free coins.
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
November 30, 2017, 07:58:05 PM
It's an eternal challenge Bitcoin against altcoins - I think in the end altcoins will prevale. But it may still take years before that moment.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
November 30, 2017, 07:44:07 PM
its all matter of affordability and buying power,if you afford to invest in bitcoin is the good decision and other hand many options in Altcoins  and don't depend and bound yourself on one coin,must diversify the investment and hold for long that can maximize the profit.The altcoins are cheaper and can buy in quantity and if price goes results high quantity high profit.
Activity: 74
November 30, 2017, 07:17:31 PM
I believe in Bitcoin more than any other coin on the market (Ethereum is a tough competitor).
Being the alpha, its gonna be hard to take it's place- but not impossible. The hype around BTC Cash that started a couple weeks ago had people on their toes, but I don't think they came that close to taking over. I believe in BTC as it hasn't let me down yet, unlike other altcoins!
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
November 25, 2017, 03:29:01 AM
Bitcoin could ends this year at 10k/BTC or more. Alt will be good buy for now for the holders and long-term for at least x5 or more in 2018.

I think we will see 10k this year indeed. And alts will see new all time high's, but only the good alts.. Wink

There's still ample time to see bitcoin at $10,000 for this year. And we will have an assumption when CME starts to offer bitcoin futures. With the increase of bitcoin, the most affected ones are the altcoins. The market will be on opposite way with by balancing it that way. Investments from altcoins will go to bitcoin as these holders still see a good opportunity in bitcoin while bitcoin profit takers will take the advantage of buying these altcoins while it is on opposite chart with bitcoin.

Bitcoin dominant will continue definitely but altcoins are like btc mining companies because when ever you invest in any good altcoin it will gives you more BTC.
Sincerely, I love Altcoins for this aspect.

I can't get it what's the connection of altcoins being like bitcoin mining companies? What's the relation of it? Can you have time to tell me what does it really means? If you are referring to the bitcoin profit that altcoin trading will result, actually it depends on the trader. Sometimes you can do ETH/altcoins and besides, don't invest to those cloud mining, they are mostly going to scam people.

I simply means the profit one will get from trading altcoin against bitcoin. Example: Assuming you have 0.08BTC and you decided to Buy XDN/BTC at 0.00000010/BTC = 800000XDN then sell at 0.00000200/BTC = 1.6BTC.

Capital.       =       0.08000000
Total Sales =       1.60000000
Profit.          =       1.52000000

I got it but what's the relation of mining to trading? They are different places to invest in crypto. You are only explaining the thing with trading, this is what I understand so after getting profit with mining you'll convert that profit into trading by buying alt coins?

I'm trying to say that trading altcoin against bitcoin usually result in accumulation of more bitcoin if your DYOR is properly done. So, the profit from trading altcoin against bitcoin makes it look like mining from my own perspective.

I have never invest in mining farm or company and I don't think will ever do.
Pages:
Jump to: