Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum? - page 12. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 1
February 16, 2018, 05:59:10 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are supported by the principle of distributed ledger and cryptography, both of which differ in many technical ways. For example, the programming language used by Ethereum is Turning complete whereas Bitcoin is in a stack-based language. Other differences include block time (Ethereum transactions confirmed in seconds compared to minutes for Bitcoin) and manufacture base (Etereum uses Bitcoin temporary ethics using secure hash algorithm, SHA-256). However, from a general point of view, Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in their purposes. While Bitcoin was created as an alternative to regular money and thus a medium of payment and value storage transactions, Ethereum was developed as a platform that facilitates contracts and peer-to-peer applications through its own currency vehicle. While both Bitcoin and Eter are digital currencies, Eter's main purpose is not to establish itself as an alternative payment (unlike Bitcoin) but to make it easy and make money from Ethereal work to allow developers to build and run distributed apps (ĐApps).
However, the popularity and increased market capitalization of Ether brought it into competition with all cryptocurrencies, especially from a trading perspective. Currently, Ether (ETH) market share is higher than Ripple and Litecoin, although it is well behind Bitcoin (BTC). Overall, Bitcoin and Ethereum are different versions using blockchain technology, and are set to build themselves, driven by different intentions.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 05:32:42 AM
I think if you compare between bitcoin with ethereum it is wrong. because bitcoin and ethereum are not brothers. they walk by themselves. which distinguishes only the market price and time. bitcoin first exists and the creation of a crypto world whereas ethereum is the development of developers by making new coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
February 16, 2018, 04:07:29 AM
Bitcoin is the best and everyone accepts the currency. But ethereum is also quite successful. Smart contracts can take a big step towards the future.
For this reason you can have a much better coin for investing in ethereum Smiley
Activity: 364
February 16, 2018, 03:59:04 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?

of course the best is bitcoin but ETH also seems lately showing its seriousness in developing technology and like its ETH can rival the price of BTC because we year in digital aung eyes like this nothing is impossible, all possibilities can happen.
Activity: 112
February 16, 2018, 03:56:01 AM
Hello everyone, I believe that Bitcoin will soon be overshadowed and Ethereum will be a priority, the coin is more stable and there are not such big leaps as with Bitcoin!
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 03:33:23 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?
Looking at the chart and analyzing, I would prefer to buy bitcoin instead of ethereum. Technical analysis show, the uptrend line was crossed and therefore bears are in control right now. I would buy ETH at a price of 0.085226 for a short term, as the graph is drawing head and shoulders, that means only down for ETH. Good price to buy will be 0.073140
Activity: 420
February 16, 2018, 03:22:55 AM
Bit is more powerful than ethereum since they are the one who consider the king, the best and the most successful company in cryptocurrency; therefore I conclude that they are more eligible to manage you investment and has a capacity to make you successful.
Activity: 167
Merit: 59
February 15, 2018, 07:38:55 PM
Ethereum is far superior to Bitcoin through capacity, chance of success is higher with all alts (ERC20 tokens) making huge headways in 2018. I hope all BTC holders will still see good rewards but at the end of it all I would seriously suggest ETH for the long term.
Activity: 316
February 15, 2018, 05:07:09 PM
Bitcoin was the first cryptographic money phenomenon and became popular thanks to blockchain technology. Ethereum is a smart contract platform. Ethereum entered the market later. But the price is rising strongly.
Activity: 182
February 15, 2018, 04:35:23 PM

between both btc is still more reliable and most popular choice among new investors .

may be in future any new coin take place of both of these , specially ether .
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
February 15, 2018, 04:22:11 PM
Yes, I agree with you.
By the way, I think NEO is also the best coin. It can compare with ETH.

NEO is a good coin I am well aware of it but it has a very long way to go in order to compete with ethreum and NEO will have to prove itself again and again to gain trust from the crypto community members.
Activity: 623
Merit: 262
February 15, 2018, 03:32:39 PM
The ethereum is certainly a very strong, stable and promising currency, but bitcoin is the ancestor of all the currency and the championship will certainly remain for bitcoin

Yes I believe in the same thing eventhough there has been waves of bad time for bitcoin recently and ethreum is standing strong and stable defying all odds but still bitcoin has ability to make quick gains and it's the ultimate king of crypto currency hence I will choose bitcoin over any coins.
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
February 15, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
First of all this revulution started with Bitcoin, and I think this revulution will continue with Bitcoin till the end. But I am sure also ETH will be always with btc together but Btc will be always first.

But I think bitcoin and ethreum will have a close competition in near future as we are all aware bitcoin was and currently the undisputed king of crypto market but let's not ignore the fact that ethreum has turned out to be the most stable crypto currency at this moment when all the other coins has throttled down including bitcoin.
Activity: 196
February 15, 2018, 02:50:05 PM
both coin are good these coins are the giants of the crypto world today we can see so many coins are coming to market but still bitcoin and the ethereum is on the top future is clear
Activity: 336
February 15, 2018, 02:40:28 PM
First of all this revulution started with Bitcoin, and I think this revulution will continue with Bitcoin till the end. But I am sure also ETH will be always with btc together but Btc will be always first.
Activity: 280
February 15, 2018, 02:35:37 PM
The ethereum is certainly a very strong, stable and promising currency, but bitcoin is the ancestor of all the currency and the championship will certainly remain for bitcoin
Activity: 372
CPLAY Network
February 15, 2018, 02:22:50 PM
there are also many threads discussing which is better between Bitcoin and Ethereum
Ethereum with Blockchain and Smart Contract is very good indeed, but Bitcoin with Blockchain and its fame, much better
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
February 15, 2018, 02:11:05 PM
I would say that these two coins are meant for two different purposes Bitcoin is here to solve the issues of time consumption and cost of transaction where is ethereum allows us to frame contracts in a smarter way thus I don't see any competition in these two coins. In fact, I can see a very optimistic picture of next 10 years for both the coins.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
February 15, 2018, 02:05:51 PM
Bitcoin and ethereum are the 2 strongest coins today, ETH growth for a year has made the ETH marketcap closer to bitcoin and is possible if one day ETH defeats bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
February 15, 2018, 01:47:55 PM
Bitcoin and ethereum are great coins, and i support theme both, but we can't really compare them, they are different than each other.
That isn't logical.  My penis and your arm are different than each other, however we can still compare them.  My penis is bigger than your arm.  My penis is stronger than your arm.  See?  

Bitcoin and Ethereum are different.  Bitcoin is broken.  Ethereum is working.  Don't be too late to the party!!!

Bitcoin is to buy and not touch it and Ethereum is more to buy for its accessibility.
Another way of saying the same thing: Bitcoin is not usable.  Ethereum is usable.
Pages:
Jump to: