Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum? - page 16. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 01:16:09 PM
Bitcoin and Ethereum differs in purpose. Bitcoin was created as an alternative to regular money. Therefore it is used for purchases or payments. Ethereum on the other hand, is a platform that enables peer to peer contracts to help developers to bulid and run distributed applications.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 01:14:13 PM
these two cryptoes are my mainstay for investment. both have advantages and disadvantages of each. but honestly, for long-term investments I'm more confident of bitcoin, because it's not easy being the bitcoin that's always been number one in coinmarketcap.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 01:13:38 PM
indeed in terms of the most popular ethereum can not replace the position of bitcoin, but on the other hand ethereum has enormous potential to beat bitcoin but this will take a long time.
Activity: 602
Merit: 107
February 10, 2018, 12:56:16 PM
Ethereum is way more decentralized compared to Bitcoin.

Over 58% of Bitcoin's mining activity comes from data centers:
https://coincodex.com/article/1280/bitcoin-and-ethereum-are-not-as-decentralized-as-you-might-think/
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
February 10, 2018, 12:53:56 PM
In my opinion, the Ethereum has a lot more to absorb, so this technology is constantly improving and maybe the etherium will soon make a big competition to bitcoin!

Bitcoin is the leading cryptocurrency but ethereum is next to bitcoin.Bitcoin has entered the market from the last nine years but ethereum has recently entered the market.Bitcoin has established well in the market but ethereum is still struggling though it is next to bitcoin.Ethereum is not so popular as bitcoin and bitcoin's users are increasing day by day.More and more people invest in bitcoin more than ethreum.One will prefer bitcoin for holding back rather than ethereum.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 12:47:17 PM
In my opinion, the Ethereum has a lot more to absorb, so this technology is constantly improving and maybe the etherium will soon make a big competition to bitcoin!
Activity: 276
Merit: 254
February 10, 2018, 12:29:14 PM
One of Ethereum problems is its ICO, this can be regulatory problem in the future. Thats one of the reason I preffer Bitcoin.
Activity: 269
Merit: 12
we're Radio, online!
February 10, 2018, 08:42:07 AM
you are right ethereum is good investment for long term itis way cheaper than bitcoin, though bitcoin is good investment but he high amount of value of bitcoin gives you a part of bitcoin not whole, while ethereum you can buy it and gives you opportunity to hold few coins than bitcoin. though these two coins i have in hold especially bitcoin.
Activity: 26
February 10, 2018, 08:37:59 AM
Both values are different, While both Bitcoin and Ethereum are powered by the principle of distributed ledgers and cryptography, the two differ in many technical ways.
Activity: 140
February 10, 2018, 08:31:42 AM
In my opinion is better BTC.
Bitcoin has been dominant in the cryptocurrency scene, it is certainly not alone. Ethereum is another cryptocurrency related project that has attracted a lot of hype because of its additional features and applications.
Activity: 79
February 10, 2018, 08:25:09 AM
Satoshi nakamoto was the founder of Bitcoin in 2008. Though Bitcoin is first crypto currency, It is said that there were so many researches has been done for years before 2008. Bitcoin is not alive. We only need private and public key to control a bitcoin account. Ethereum's founder was vitalik buterin in 2015. Ethereum enables SmartContracts and Distributed Applications. There are some differs considering bitcoin and ethereum, bitcoins use stack base language while ethereum uses programming language also ethereum transaction happens faster than bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
February 10, 2018, 07:18:47 AM
Bitcoin still better than ethereum and the possibilty to earn bitcoin in the net is much more than ethereum
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
February 10, 2018, 07:10:31 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?

Yes, I agree with you.
By the way, I think NEO is also the best coin. It can compare with ETH.
stay away from neo, it's a Chinese coin meaning the Chinese government is in it. There are no completely independent businesses in china, the government has its hand in everything, including tron and any other big business. China is being hostile trying to screw us with the Petro dollar. I would not support a Chinese coin
Activity: 43
February 10, 2018, 07:05:30 AM
Bitcoin has higher value as it was created as an alternative to regular money. Ethereum was created as a peer to peer platform as well as helping in creating DApps. ETH's block time is however faster (seconds) as opposed to minutes for btc. ETH has so much potential but still has a long way to catch up with btc.
Activity: 322
February 10, 2018, 06:52:58 AM
For now Bitcoin is better at storing value than Ether, thus is is better for long-term investment. Ethereum on the other hand has a great chance of taking over Bitcoin. I read some article that as of now Ethereum has higher usage per daily crypto transactions. Ethereum is a platform for other cryptocurrencies, and offers faster transactions than Bitcoin. Ethereum can be used for different applications and transactions such as transportation, gambling, sports etc. As Bitalik Vuterin (Main Developer of Ethereum) said Etherem is like an internet that offers different services and applications.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
February 10, 2018, 06:22:14 AM
In term of capabilities Ethereum leading the way, and I can safely say Ethereum is having a big gap between BItcoin for capabilities that ETH have. and Bitcoin, we know Bitcoin is quite slowly in term of improvements while Ethereum has done many significant features and roadmap improvements. Now let's say about the properties, We can see almost twice Ethereum want to make the 'flippening' but both attempts are successful, I believe it's a real threat for Bitcoin. But the fact is we must respect BItcoin, BItcoin is the first technologies that deliver blockchains technology.
Activity: 21
February 10, 2018, 06:17:52 AM
What’s the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum?

First, it’s important to understand that there are two categories of digital coins: Cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin, ZCash, Monero, etc) and Tokens (e.g. Ethereum, Filecoin, Storj, Blockstack, etc.)

Bitcoin is a “cryptocurrency.” Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are competing against existing money (and gold) to replace them with a truly global currency.

The promise of Bitcoin is that it is:

A global currency which allows individuals to own their own money (without having to rely on national banks).
Lower fees for transferring money across geographic borders.
Financial stability for people who live in countries with unstable currencies. (e.g. In 2016, the Venezuela’s currency hit an inflation rate of 800%). In addition, two-thirds of the current global population has no access to banking, or limited access — Bitcoin is changing that.
Ethereum is a “token.” What Bitcoin does for money, Ethereum does for contracts. Ethereum’s innovation is that is allows you to write Smart Contracts: basically any digital agreement where you can say “if this” happens, “then something else happens.” For example:

If I vote for the President, then my vote is official and no one else can vote as me.
If I sign my name on this document, then I own the car, and you no longer own the car.
Up until now we’ve carried out these agreements with a signature at the bottom of a paper document. Ethereum dramatically improves this model because it is digital, and proof of the transaction can never be deleted.
Activity: 25
February 10, 2018, 06:15:33 AM
While both Bitcoin and Ethereum are powered by the principle of distributed ledgers and cryptography, the two differ in many technical ways. For example, the programming language used by Ethereum is Turning complete whereas Bitcoin is in a stack based language. Other differences include block time (Ethereum transaction is confirmed in seconds compared to minutes for Bitcoin) and their basic builds (Ethereum uses ethash while Bitcoin uses secure hash algorithm, SHA-256). (See also: Risks and Rewards of Investing in Bitcoin.)

copper member
Activity: 280
February 10, 2018, 06:13:53 AM
Like Bitcoin, the biggest problem Ethereum hopes to solve this year is that of scalability.

Ethereum is currently processing over 1.3 million transactions per day – three-times as many as Bitcoin – with transaction fees below $1.

However, the Ethereum blockchain can also be used to create decentralised applications which run directly on the blockchain and can cause heavy congestion if they become popular.

Recently, a surge of mainstream interest in the CryptoKitties decentralised application caused transaction fees and confirmation times on the Ethereum network to skyrocket – indicating the need for scaling improvements to accommodate popular applications.

The development of Ethereum is influenced heavily by the Ethereum Foundation and updates are deployed within improvement proposals.

Developers have proposed numerous solutions to the scaling problem, including sharding and second-layer solutions.

A big change coming to Ethereum in 2018 is the change to a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) block validation method instead of the traditional Proof-of-Work (PoW) method favoured by other currencies such as Bitcoin.

This will result in miners moving away from Ethereum and will require users to stake cryptocurrency to verify blocks instead, which could have a big impact on the value of the currency.

However, Proof-of-Stake will also allow the widespread implementation of scaling solutions like sharding and Plasma, which could drastically speed up the network and promote mass adoption.

These improvements are currently in development and some are set to launch this year, along with an increasing amount of decentralised applications and Ethereum-based tokens.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 03:27:07 PM
it's hard to choose between the two coins, my personal opinion
if you want a long-term investment, then you should buy bitcoin, but if you want a faster profit, I suggest you, to buy ETH
on trust, these two coins have the highest confidence, in comparison with other coins
Pages:
Jump to: