Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Recovery Services - for forgotten wallet password - page 6. (Read 63791 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
Beware, i sent Dave my ethereum pre-sale wallet months ago and he never replied. Now i can't even check the balance because he probably stole my ethereum. Biggest mistake I've made in my life.

Cool story newbie. Dave have on countless occasions spent his hard earned time to recover much bigger wallets than you probably have and gotten much less than he deserves.

Who do you think you are to open a scam accusation against him?

If what you mention is indeed true, kindly open an scamaccusation thread in the relevant sub forum with your evidence. Cheers!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Beware, i sent Dave my ethereum pre-sale wallet months ago and he never replied. Now i can't even check the balance because he probably stole my ethereum. Biggest mistake I've made in my life.

EDIT: My apologies to Dave, He didnt recieve my mail last time i sent it and i got some help to check my file and the ETH is still there. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Activity: 89
Merit: 21
Hi,

One question on Ethereum wallet: a user need to send you the whole keystore json right?
There is no lucky feature like in Bitcoin to send you just a bit of the wallet?

Just some curiosity: how many guesses per second can you perform on a single instance?

Thanks for your time.
Hi. That is correct, for both the ethereum presale and ethereum wallet formats, there is no way to send 'limited' information which enables trustless third-party decryption of a wallet.
On my rigs, guesses/second is in the range of 300,000/second for GPU based ethereum pre-sale wallet decryption (but much less for the mist/ethereum wallet format).
Cheers
Dave
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
Hi,

One question on Ethereum wallet: a user need to send you the whole keystore json right?
There is no lucky feature like in Bitcoin to send you just a bit of the wallet?

Just some curiosity: how many guesses per second can you perform on a single instance?

Thanks for your time.
I sent my wallet on the 03.03. and Dave doesn't answer my emails.
So it looks like it's a scam! Please watch out people!!

Just to clarify, I've been working at decrypting this wallet. I haven't succeeded yet.
I was busy with other things over the last few days, and I didn't reply to OP promptly when he asked for a status update.
I certainly haven't scammed him or taken his coins!
Hopefully I can still recover his wallet for him.
Cheers
Dave
Activity: 1
I sent my wallet on the 03.03. and Dave doesn't answer my emails.
So it looks like it's a scam! Please watch out people!!

EDIT  Dave got back to me now, after 4 days of no answer I thought it's a scam.
I'll report back  EDIT
Hi all,

does anyone know if it would be possible to extract parts (some Characters) from a Bitcoin QT Wallet?
I have extracted the hash key from my Bitcoin Wallet and tried tokens plus my own password lists via
btcrecover.py but it seems so my known password(s) are not working. :-(

It may be super helpful if I could get just some letters extracted so I could probably remember
my password....

Thank you in advance!

Hi
No, unfortunately either the full password is found, or not. There is no way to determine just 'part' of a password via a brute fore attack...
Cheers
Dave
Activity: 3
Hi all,

does anyone know if it would be possible to extract parts (some Characters) from a Bitcoin QT Wallet?
I have extracted the hash key from my Bitcoin Wallet and tried tokens plus my own password lists via
btcrecover.py but it seems so my known password(s) are not working. :-(

It may be super helpful if I could get just some letters extracted so I could probably remember
my password....

Thank you in advance!

Just wondering if this service is still available? Just spent 30 minutes reading the thread and now I am curious lol.
Hi. Yes, I'm still actively providing this service.
Cheers Dave (walletrecoveryservices.com)
Activity: 78
Merit: 250
Just wondering if this service is still available? Just spent 30 minutes reading the thread and now I am curious lol.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
I don't see how wallets can be recovered like that.

You have to be able to tell him what the passphrase is like. Then he tries modifying it in various ways to try to guess the bit that you remembered (or typed) wrongly. I don't see why you wouldn't think this would work.

I guess asking for payment upfront is a dead giveaway though.

I don't think so. It would be easy to "DOS" Dave by sending him a bunch of big wallets with a really long impossible to guess passphrases on them, and lying about what you "remember" of the passphrase. It would be quite reasonable of him to ask for some kind of payment up front to deter such attacks against him, because otherwise he's wasting his computing resources (and hence his money) on a wild goose chase.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I don't see how wallets can be recovered like that. That still seems too easy even if it is as you described, but if you have no other option you may as well give the OP a try, at least he is not asking for payment upfront. Well I guess asking for payment upfront is a dead giveaway though.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think this service, while very niche, can be quite useful and profitable. Too bad my lost wallets wasn't from encryption (that wasn't even a feature back then!), but rather from selling a computer.

I really appreciate the red trust you have earned !

For the OP, I smell a scam as nobody will give you can not really help for that .
Hello guys,

Im gonna to send Dave info about my wallet in a limited way (http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/information.html).
But some issues apperead. which i hope will be solved after your feedback.
So, I downloaded Python and Pywallet. After typing via CMD  --dumpwallet, i receive message "pycrypto or libssl not found, decryption may be slow", then some docs were created with name .lock and __db001-006

But i can't find .txt docs with info is need to decrypt.

Could you please so kind to handle me with this issue?

UPD: If i use command pywallet.py --dumpwallet    => info about addr apears in cmd window (just abour addr, no section of mkey as Dave requested)
If I use command pywallet.py --dumpwallet > temp.txt     => WARNING:root: pycrypto or libssl not found, decryption may be slow
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
The way I see it is, I can't spend them anyways, so essentially they are worthless to the whole community, if by some miracle, this process allows theft of the 1.75 to 1.9 BTC in this wallet, then overall it benefits the BTC community by having more BTC available for use on the network overall.

This is wrong thinking, I think.

Those BTC (if Dave was a thief, which he is not) would not benefit the community, just Dave.

Also: Consider that if those BTC are inaccessible, then all other BTC are worth slightly more.
Activity: 30
Sent a request to your email today. Used pywallet.py script to obtain the necessary data requested. Sent pgp encrypted .txt file with the data.

This wallet has been locked for about a year, and I cannot remember the exact combination of the pw, but provided what I believed it to be along with alternate versions of key words.

For the communities consideration as to calling this a scam. The way I see it is, I can't spend them anyways, so essentially they are worthless to the whole community, if by some miracle, this process allows theft of the 1.75 to 1.9 BTC in this wallet, then overall it benefits the BTC community by having more BTC available for use on the network overall.

I have communicated that I will provide 0.4 BTC for a successful unlock, which is slightly more than 20%.

I will post my results here for the communities review.

As to the previous post with the missing .dll file. I had the same error, just reinstall python 2.7 and it should work for you. It did for me anyways.
Is it still Ontopic ?

I am new here and in Bitcoins, and it seems I made a big mistake with Electrum. I created a new Wallet and it seems I forgot to save the seed and password. But before I realized it, I bought coins and received to this wallet.

Now I have coins in my wallet, and can´t use them Sad

Is the Service of Dave still available ?

And how long would it currently take to get his password recovered ? I used a 19 characters password generated password.

Thank you all for your replies and help.

P.S. Dave you got email from me, because I can´t get the python script working of missing plugin in Windows python.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
how much do you take for this job?
Hi,
i have registered here to review dave from http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/ , cause his service was nice and fast and friendly.

i forgot my wallet including my pass about 1-2 years ago and i could not remember my pass.
Dave did his job within 24hours, just amazingly accurate.

i gave him 20% of the wallet, that was arranged before and he met that arrangement.
i am talking about 13 coins in my wallet.

i can recommend this guy !

regards
I contacted Dave via email on March 17 and he never replied, i tryed to contact him 10 days ago and he didnt replied neither. He has my eth wallet and while he hasn' t steal my eth (yet) he could if he wanted to.

If you ever try to contact him, be aware of this. 
Pages:
Jump to: