Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread) - page 4. (Read 36646 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Today, someone wrote something that deserves repeating here.
As an editiorial note, I added line breaks and underlines for clarity.

Thus spoke Inaba:

Seems to me, if you had a working test product, you'd have shown it by now, but maybe not.  Seems silly, though...
if you wanted to be the first, you would show your working prototype, that would qualify you as first at this point.  

What possible reason could you have for not showing a working unit 6 days before you are scheduled to ship?  

I don't care.  You are here, in the BFL thread trolling and you won't even demo a working product 5 days before you are shipping.

Seems like a crazy way go about things, but whatever man.

Like I said, if you're delayed, your project is dead and I believe you know this.  

I hope you aren't rushing things just to be first and shipping a brick in a box that fails to perform or breaks in a month.

I'm not a religious man, but my very first thought was:

Quote from: Sermon on the Mount

+1 Nice catch. So funny because those questions he is asking are the same questions that when asked of BFL are the same answer as AVALON. No different.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Make your case Micon. Do you expect your conspiracy theory to have legs or just blowing off steam?

1)  a semi-serious answer to this question, which I feel is appropriate given Josh's childish nature of responses & repeated personal attacks on myself and my daughter:

2)  but seriously, please ask me exactly what you want to know about anything on my part.  I will answer you as honestly and completely as possible.  If your question is "Micon, how can you convict BFL right now?  Show me proof"  Then I cannot prove.  I can only tell you IMO what I believe, what I think of the men involved with that company, what body language they gave off and such scammer-like responses and deflection in their arguments.   If Josh Zerlan told you that he had a shipping container of ASICs that 100% work and will be here on 2/5/2013 it would be really hard for me to give you concrete proof that is not the case, but I would wager large amounts of coin that Josh Zerlan & BFL is not close to shipping ASIC chips.

3)  Josh Zerlan - since you are so interested in wagering, take the first coin of many I will bet against your scam:  http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1141
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

Today, someone wrote something that deserves repeating here.
As an editiorial note, I added line breaks and underlines for clarity.

Thus spoke Inaba:

Seems to me, if you had a working test product, you'd have shown it by now, but maybe not.  Seems silly, though...
if you wanted to be the first, you would show your working prototype, that would qualify you as first at this point.  

What possible reason could you have for not showing a working unit 6 days before you are scheduled to ship?  

I don't care.  You are here, in the BFL thread trolling and you won't even demo a working product 5 days before you are shipping.

Seems like a crazy way go about things, but whatever man.

Like I said, if you're delayed, your project is dead and I believe you know this.  

I hope you aren't rushing things just to be first and shipping a brick in a box that fails to perform or breaks in a month.

I'm not a religious man, but my very first thought was:

Quote from: Sermon on the Mount
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
Make your case Micon. Do you expect your conspiracy theory to have legs or just blowing off steam?
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
Micon, you won't bet more than 10 BTC against BFL.  You were offered a 250, 500 and even a 1000 BTC bet by someone earlier, though I can't recall who.  Why did you not take them up on that?  If you're so sure you're correct, it would be easy money for you.  You're a gambler and a self admitted "Pro poker player" (This is laughable, but whatever) - so gambling a mere 1000 BTC is not an issue for you morally.  It's a sure thing, given your statements... so why not do it?  Or is it because you're just full of shit? 

I will dig up the name of whomever was willing to bet you 1000 BTC if you'll take the bet.  So, Mr. Pro Poker Player, put up or shut up. 

PS - That could have been a picture you took yourself with your the phone you're so proud of owning if you had not acted like an idiot at our booth.  Like I said, we had nothing to hide even though you so desperately wanted us to.

So what's it going to be?  Are you going to pony up and put up 1000 BTC to show you are not full of shit or are you going to hem and haw and come up with excuses why you won't bet on a sure thing, according to you?

Hi Josh Zerlan.  Since you are using deflection to not answer the question of "when will BFL ship ASICs" and "What equipment did you bring to CES" and "How much $ have you collected in preorders" I will simply re-deflect and link to this video of you cursing at me at CES 2013 when I asked you to show me your hardware, cued to when you were extremely rude to me:

http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m36s

you are the director of a company owing the BTC community many, many $30k devices you already have collected much, much money in pre-orders for that you originally said you would ship in 9/2012 but can't seem to produce.  You are in the middle of getting destroyed across all discussions of this encounter.  Maybe you didn't realize I was the guy that made a big deal when I thought BCST was a scam:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/15/3243200/bitcoin-ponzi-schemes-savings-and-trust

Maybe you didn't realize that I have so much determination when it comes to ridding the BTC world of scum like Josh Zerlan & Butterfly Labs.  Such arrogance in the face of owing the community such a large amount of hardware is disgusting to me.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

Ahaha that's a great book!

the most ironic thing of all is that lucif is a subscriber to my newsletter since October 2012 and has prepaid all the way thru March 2013.  he refuses to take a refund although i have begged him to do so several times both privately and publicly.  

the earliest i can discern that he's been short is October 2012.  that's a long way down from here...

Wait, you were advising people to short in October? Or?

no, i was advising ppl to BUY.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Actually while bitpay is innocent in regards to what BFL is doing they are involved enough to say that they matter:

The BFL preorders were their largest chunk of transactions conducted through them. That alone isn't problematic but what would make it problematic is if they had inside information on the status and structure of BFL.
If they would have had reasons to think that BFL is out to scam people more than is publicly known they would indeed be guilty of collaborating.

I doubt it, but just to get things straight... in the world of BTC anything is possible when it comes to (possible) scams.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

Ahaha that's a great book!

the most ironic thing of all is that lucif is a subscriber to my newsletter since October 2012 and has prepaid all the way thru March 2013.  he refuses to take a refund although i have begged him to do so several times both privately and publicly.  

the earliest i can discern that he's been short is October 2012.  that's a long way down from here...

Wait, you were advising people to short in October? Or?
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Micon, you won't bet more than 10 BTC against BFL.  You were offered a 250, 500 and even a 1000 BTC bet by someone earlier, though I can't recall who.  Why did you not take them up on that?  If you're so sure you're correct, it would be easy money for you.  You're a gambler and a self admitted "Pro poker player" (This is laughable, but whatever) - so gambling a mere 1000 BTC is not an issue for you morally.  It's a sure thing, given your statements... so why not do it?  Or is it because you're just full of shit? 

I will dig up the name of whomever was willing to bet you 1000 BTC if you'll take the bet.  So, Mr. Pro Poker Player, put up or shut up. 

PS - That could have been a picture you took yourself with your the phone you're so proud of owning if you had not acted like an idiot at our booth.  Like I said, we had nothing to hide even though you so desperately wanted us to.

So what's it going to be?  Are you going to pony up and put up 1000 BTC to show you are not full of shit or are you going to hem and haw and come up with excuses why you won't bet on a sure thing, according to you?
I remember MNV offering a similar bet about Pirate not being a scammer. When he lost, he just didn't pay people their winnings and created a new account instead. Betting against a scammer is simply stupid. Because if the scammer is exposed he doesn't have a reason to pay as he has already lost his reputation. You're just creating a smoke screen in an attempt to conceal your scam. First you attacked everyone who claimed that the ASIC you had presented was just a box of fans, even though you later admitted it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUPniBo5UQ#t=04m30s
(David Perry: Now this is just a case, you don't actually have ASICs ready.
You: Right.. we're eagerly awaiting them as everybody else I'm sure)
When lucif posted a photo that proves it, you're acting like everything's ok.

As for FUD, I hate how it became a buzzword that's used everytime someone expresses a doubt. BFL is suspicious and it repeatedly failed to fulfill its commitments. You can't deny it. I think a little FUD is more than appropriate.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Micon, you won't bet more than 10 BTC against BFL.  You were offered a 250, 500 and even a 1000 BTC bet by someone earlier, though I can't recall who.  Why did you not take them up on that?  If you're so sure you're correct, it would be easy money for you.  You're a gambler and a self admitted "Pro poker player" (This is laughable, but whatever) - so gambling a mere 1000 BTC is not an issue for you morally.  It's a sure thing, given your statements... so why not do it?  Or is it because you're just full of shit?  

I will dig up the name of whomever was willing to bet you 1000 BTC if you'll take the bet.  So, Mr. Pro Poker Player, put up or shut up.  

PS - That could have been a picture you took yourself with your the phone you're so proud of owning if you had not acted like an idiot at our booth.  Like I said, we had nothing to hide even though you so desperately wanted us to.

So what's it going to be?  Are you going to pony up and put up 1000 BTC to show you are not full of shit or are you going to hem and haw and come up with excuses why you won't bet on a sure thing, according to you?

Speakin of bets did you indulge in the yes side? I wonder how much you would put to back your company?

One without guilt cast the first stone.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I went to a restaurant and paid with my visa card, I got food poisoning... just reported visa to the appropriate health inspection authorities!

lol
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
Why does it matter if a payment processor matched up with BFL, they were doing their own thing. Bitpay is the processor, and BFL is how to get the coins. Simple enough logic.
legendary
Activity: 1358
I'm loving the retards who wish Bitpay to become Paypal...

Bitpal, anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
Before the BFL shills tell me "oh, he's just doing this to make money" realize every time I put up a betsofbitcoin it is to prove a point and I bet 1 coin on the side I like:

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1141

Here is one that says that BFL does not show up to CES 2014
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot

1)   This is an epic pic.  Hope it's not shopped

2)   I cannot understand anyone angry at bitpay.  Full disclosure:  I have no position in that company other than holding a little-used merchant account for an e cigarette business yet to be launched publicly.  I do not own equity or work for them in any way, other than asking local Las Vegas businesses to accept bitcoin, with bitpay being the obvious provider with an easy setup for a 1% fee.

3)  Much like the restaurants around town, if they want to accept btc payments you use bitpay - it's just the best system to simplify it.  Why would you be mad at BFL using bitpay?  Why not just get mad at bitcoin?  

IMO, bitpay does a reasonable amount of due diligence before accepting a merchant.  They also have 1000's of merchants.  Anyone who wants to accept bitcoin quickly and easily calls up bitpay - that's the only BTC-processing company I thought of when in the formation stages of this new business happened last month.  

if you think about the earliest warning signs, BFL missing the 9/2012 shipping date was a sign - but that shouldn't have vilified them BFL quite yet - and certainly not Bitpay.  At some point a pre-order, unshipped, becomes fraud.  Did BFL need this money for R&D?  did they try to gamble their way out by selling more pre-orders and tried to find different sourcing?   Are they *still* looking for someone to make those chips in China?  Who can know the answers to these questions but the disrespectful and unprofessional humans behind the BFL project.  

I agree that at some point your BTC payment processor should drop you as a merchant if a situation like BFL's arises.  A "pre-order" signifies that their is a supply chain hold-up, we got the technology locked and loaded, and we only need a few weeks or maybe 2-3 months and then we will get you your product ASAP"   How long until a pre-order becomes fraud?  What if in 2014 BFL is still saying "We got those $30k boxes almost done - they will ship in a few more weeks in early 2015"   - do you accept that timeframe as a "pre-order"  ?    

When discussing what Bitpay's role in BFL processing was, it's very simple - they served the same function they do for *every other* one of their merchants - because this merchant appears to be working for evil, at some point you would expect bitpay to cut them off and say "no, we will not do your btc processing - there have been too many signs your company is a scam"

BFL guys are not as stupid as they look in this video cued to me asking Josh about the machines he brought to CES and him literally giving me a quarter and telling me to "Buy a fucking clue"

--> http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m40s   <--

To bitpay, up until recently the BFL guys could have seemed legit.   Let's see when they drop BFL.  I'll bet Bitpay is still around in a few years and BFL is long entered into book of BTC scams
Activity: 868
Well they sold their reputation for 13k. This is what they really cost. Nuff said.
Only with FUD-ers like yourself.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
Well they sold their reputation for 13k. This is what they really cost. Like hookers. Nuff said.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Holy fuck, how long to explain? If bitpay so reputable - why they in direct connection with BFL? Why they stand in CES near potential criminals? Even potential! Do they realize where they put their balls deep?

Do the investors realize where they put their money?

This is all not done like that. This is not responsible.

Possibly to split the cost of the $13K booth. I believe if BitPay felt that BFL was not reputable after doing due diligence, they would have chosen another partner or gone it alone. The same would be true with BFL as to whom they would team up with, not opting for a Pirate-type.

In retrospect, one can look at it as a short term marriage, with Tony having no desire to bed Josh's poodle. Stephen, OTOH...  Grin Grin Grin
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
Pages:
Jump to: