Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread) - page 8. (Read 36646 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Chairman Byron Micon has unveiled another scam.

1) when will the chips be shipped?

2) how much have you taken in preorders?

answer, or you will anger the annamicon.

Oh noes!  Not the annamicon!  Imma run and hide, it's scuurrry!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
Btw, Bitpay accepts 0-confirmation transactions

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/serious-vulnerability-related-to-accepting-zero-confirmation-transactions-136017

Now all scam them with fake paymetns! Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Being produced? You realise that it takes a long time to produce them, right? This means that if the initial batch doesn't work (annoyingly high chance), it takes a long time to get the second batch. If that doesn't work either, you're forced to delay the shipment for a third, etc.

You are talkng out of your ass.
Before ANY production runs (of ANY electronic device) are made the design is already completely prototyped and working.
No person in the world will run a production batch of an untested unprototyped design.
It would be a complete waste of money because it is almost 100% sure there will be some form of design error.
You can only start making predictions about the time it takes for one batch IF you have a working prototype and your product is quite finished.
THEN and only then do you invest money in an actual production run.
The BFL delivery dates don't add up. They must know fully well that their 'dates' were unresponsibly optimistic. Furthermore it appears they are fully depending on some 3rd party for their product since they say they will deliver soon but still have no prototype. This propably also means that the 3rd party they take the product from still has to do all the testing phases etc before they can produce a batch.
If their claim that BFL designed the chip themselfs is true then i don't think it is financially possible to run a batch without first going through several revisions which implies several more or less working prototypes.
Since BFL doesn't have a working prototype (or at least are unable or unwilling to show it) you can SAFELY assume they are not ready for a real batch of any size.

So for now BFL has given no reason whatsoever to trust that they will deliver anytime soon.
In any case, BFL claims they have extra special super experience with delays from the FPGA batches and have therefore claimed that they will, for sure, deliver in october 2012.
It is now January 2013, BFL showed an empty case on CES and they still haven't got a clue when exactly they will deliver.
This just means they have no control whatsoever about the process. They have shown that the dates they mentioned were meaningless.
One could even say their shipment dates are outright lies because they were never realistic in the first place given the fact that there is no prototype.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

In addition to the rocks, every other booth was practically E-cigarettes or Wireless Speakers.  Seriously... how many of these things does the planet need?  If CES is any judge, the only people without these two necessities of life will be the dead (although I suspect there is a movement to include wireless speakers in coffins with an iPod dock on the headstone so can rock out with your dearly departed) and those born without mouths. 

That would be because your booth is at the Venetian. You know, where they put the absurdities and weirdos so they don't pollute the real CES at the LVCV.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
From forbes.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2013/01/07/largest-bitcoin-payment-processor-raises-510000-angel-round/

"Since the November 2012 WordPress deal, BitPay has seen new merchants increase by nearly 50% to over 2,000. The total dollar value of all bitcoin transactions processed by BitPay in 2012 was over $3 million, which represents average quarter-to-quarter growth of 50% over the past four quarters for transaction volume."

At that rate it breaks down to:

EDIT:

Q1   187,500 USD
Q2   375,000 USD
Q3   750,000 USD
Q4   1,500,000 USD

1 Month of Q2 and all of Q3 before BLF missed its shipping deadline could represent at most  $2M aprox. $1M USD in BLF pre-sales (plus any buyers who placed orders in Q4).
Clown prophet
Here is a rich field of goofs in a country of fools.
Clown prophet
You just don't offer them true. Offer them a dream. There are a lot if kid idiots here.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
the_thing

You don't need venture capital to start a highly successful, fradulent bitcoin business.  Ask Trendon Shaver.

You've got to get creative.

Create a mysterious persona or somewhat nefarious persona. 
Come up with a magical way to make money that you can't fully reveal or doesn't really exist.
Profit handsomely
Get hacked/default/disappear
Avoid any prosecution
rinse and repeat.
To be honest, I have already tried to raise some capital on bitcointalk, but people didn't want to invest with me just because my business plan was a little illegal. I understand their objections, but I find it sad nevertheless. At least my plan wasn't a scam, god damn it! I seem to lack the skill to persuade people to give me their money.
BCB
vip
BCJ
Bitconica
Intersango
Bitmarket.eu
They are not US companies.
I stand corrected.

I'm sure you could start you own fraudulent/mismanaged company in your country too.

Good Luck
My country is an oligarchical semi-feudal bureaucratic shithole with complete lack of venture capital. Believe me, it is much easier to start any company in 'Murrica, even a fraudulent one.

the_thing

You don't need venture capital to start a highly successful, fradulent bitcoin business.  Ask Trendon Shaver.

You've got to get creative.

Create a mysterious persona or somewhat nefarious persona. 
Come up with a magical way to make money that you can't fully reveal or doesn't really exist.
Profit handsomely
Get hacked/default/disappear
Avoid any prosecution
rinse and repeat.

Bitconica
Intersango
Bitmarket.eu
They are not US companies.
I stand corrected.

I'm sure you could start you own fraudulent/mismanaged company in your country too.

Good Luck
My country is an oligarchical semi-feudal bureaucratic shithole with complete lack of venture capital. Believe me, it is much easier to start any company in 'Murrica, even a fraudulent one.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Good call Phinn and if that number is accurate that includes revenue from 1000+ other clients.

The $3million value comes from a Bitpay Press Release.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bitpay-to-expand-bitcoin-processing-space-with-510000-funding-round-2013-01-07
Over the past year, BitPay has seen transaction volume accelerating with average quarter-to-quarter growth of 50% over the past four quarters. The total dollar value of all orders processed by BitPay in 2012 is over $3 million, and all orders were paid using bitcoin. Bitcoin is the innovative digital currency that is being adopted worldwide.
BCB
vip
BCJ
It surprises me how much money can be handled by such incompetent managers and/or scammers.
I think I'll start a business in the US.

Bitconica
Intersango
Bitmarket.eu

They are not US companies. I'm sure you could start you own fraudulent/mismanaged company in your country too.

Good Luck
It surprises me how much money can be handled by such incompetent managers and/or scammers.
I think I'll start a business in the US.
BCB
vip
BCJ
Good call Phinn and if that number is accurate that includes revenue from 1000+ other clients.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Did BFL paid taxes from $25.000.000?

facepalm.jpg

I think it's about time to put one rumor to rest: http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/atlantech/2013/01/bitcoin-payments-processor-bitpay.html?page=2

The total dollar value of all orders processed by BitPay in 2012 is over $3 million, and all orders were paid using bitcoin.

We could just about safely assume that a decimal is off by one space.
Clown prophet
Yes, why should they pay taxes of the preorders? lucif? I believe you should go back and work on your TA with the $5 target  Cheesy
$6.90 actually.

Wait, wait Smiley We have a shitstorm preparing.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I guess Micon's video brings a new meaning to BFL Fan Boys.

LOL

You misspelled "irrational BFL haters".
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

facepalm.jpg

Yes, why should they pay taxes of the preorders? lucif? I believe you should go back and work on your TA with the $5 target  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1358

facepalm.jpg
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
I stopped by the booth Wednesday afternoon and took some pictures after speaking with the Bitpay guys and Josh from BFL. Josh and I talked briefly about the technology behind the ASIC mining units and showed them to me. While I like many would have liked to see a working unit, I was impressed with the brushed aluminum case and impressive heatsink. It's regular to see non-working prototypes or samples on the floor. Josh stressed the importance of getting it right and delivering a product that meets the much discussed expectations. The Android mining application is pretty cool - I can definitely see its usefulness in conjunction with a repurposed older phone or tablet in a dock. 60 GH/s on your bookshelf is convenient and perhaps even a talking point for visitors, haha.

Here are some pictures I took. I had a video crew with me, but this wasn't really relevant to our site's market so we didn't film here.

http://imgur.com/a/h8gOb

I would have liked to spend more time there talking with the Bitpay guys and other folks, but my time was unfortunately limited! It's good to see Bitcoin represented.

Edit: I should also note that I came to Vegas with several hundred USD in BTC and sold out twice over via LocalBitcoins. AFAICT, all of the transactions were to new(er) buyers.

Thx for the measured post.
Very informative post and photos thank you
Pages:
Jump to: