Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread) - page 10. (Read 36646 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I would like to thank the bitcoin community for this exciting drama surrounding ASICS I truely believe someone should make a book about this.

Oh maybe it might end up on 'Investigative Reports' with Bill Kurtis.

and now a word from our sponsors
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
owowo: niger? drug addicted? or both?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
And the worst thing is people like Mincon and the other trolls procreate.

FUCK YOU!

No thanks. But I am sure Josh from BFL will accommodate your intimate request.  Cheesy

If you quote, quote it right.

So Josh from BFL will accommodate my wish to erase 90% of humanity from this planet?

FUCK YOU!

Roll Eyes
Josh, stop it. I don't mind swear words, but typing them in 88pt font is just too much.

(mod note: Yes, 55 and 88px is too much.)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
and for a different kind of post.

micon, your bitcoin address please, i'll send you some btc for a job well done.

Grin

Please don't feed the trolls.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
and for a different kind of post.

micon, your bitcoin address please, i'll send you some btc for a job well done.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Hmmm... was looking for CES updates, but I'll I see is 10 pages of BS about Butterfly Labs.  I am disappoint.

You should know better, I mean, isn't it obvious that this was going to happen?

It wasn't obvious until Micon showed up.

Hmm, I grant you that.  

What I mean is that nerves are so blank that it could have been any other catalyst too. Embarrassed
legendary
Hmmm... was looking for CES updates, but I'll I see is 10 pages of BS about Butterfly Labs.  I am disappoint.

It wasn't obvious until Micon showed up.  Don't get me wrong, nobody will be getting preorder money for ASICs from me, and I'm just as skeptical of BFL.  However, Micon just stirs up too much shit.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

legendary
Hmmm... was looking for CES updates, but I'll I see is 10 pages of BS about Butterfly Labs.  I am disappoint.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.
You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.

I can change the definition to mean what I want it to. Whether or not you GET IT does not matter to me. You have no control over what I choose to have a word mean or not. Nor do I care if you understand me or not in a clear manner. You actually think that I CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ME.

You fail hard. So hard that you resort to betting and insisting that people put money on the line because of what I believe or not to be true.

You make tons of assumptions.

Keep failing hard.

AGAIN I ASK: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN BFL PREORDERS? OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED TO SHARE THAT INFO LOL!!!

Grin Grin Grin

Smoothie, perhaps no one has ever told you this nicely, so let me try.

Your posts are rude, non-sensical (redefining english words by quoting them), childish (improper sentence construction, and too many lols and smileys) and incoherent (as I have pointed out). Whereas mine are polite, but stern. This is why many readers ignore you: the forum software shows your "ignore" link in a dark shade of orange.

Tell me, you write on bitcointalk to share your ideas, right? So you should put 2 and 2 together and realize it is in your best interest to improve the quality of your posts, in order to be less often ignored and be able to share your ideas with a larger readership. So please do improve your writings and communication skills.

As to my BFL pre-orders, I am not answering because: (1) it would be impolite to boast about them, (2) this is none of your business, (3) no one cares anyway, and (4) nobody understands the point you are trying to make! (I am happy to demonstrate my belief in BFL through a bet, therefore I would be happy, not embarrassed, to do the same through my pre-orders. "lol" indeed)

Not every post of mine is a "money-making" ploy like yours are.

Did I ever tell you that I could care less what you think of me?

Nor do I care how many people hit the pussy button to the left <---------

Try harder to detract from BFL's failures.
Grin Grin Grin

Quote from RED: "I am better than you because I am polite and stern and a BFL fanboy."
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
2. You forgot to mention that they didn't say they were going to be 70+ days late on delivering their products. I'm sure you would support them if they said tomorrow that their chips wont be read until Christmas 2013.

Sure thing, Captain Hindsight! I'm sure they totally knew about all the mistakes they would make before they made them.
All of your "benefit of the doubts" show how much support you have for BFL.

Which benefits of the doubt? ASICs really do take a long time to produce. Failed chips really do require a whole new production run. What we see really is how things would look if their first chips failed and they were forced to get new ones made. Most companies really are light on information, only publishing what they need to market it.

I'm not giving them a free ride here. BFL really can make more money from products that really are possible to produce, than from a scam. Simple logic says that BFL will do whatever will make them the most money.

How much in preorders do you have with BFL?

• Many are simply waiting to see real products before they order, myself included, resulting in a fresh wave of orders after they first ship

You didn't even read my post. Sad

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty sure that it's genuine, but I do want to see some real-world power consumption figures of the final product before I order. Electricity is expensive here.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.
You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.

I can change the definition to mean what I want it to. Whether or not you GET IT does not matter to me. You have no control over what I choose to have a word mean or not. Nor do I care if you understand me or not in a clear manner. You actually think that I CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ME.

You fail hard. So hard that you resort to betting and insisting that people put money on the line because of what I believe or not to be true.

You make tons of assumptions.

Keep failing hard.

AGAIN I ASK: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN BFL PREORDERS? OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED TO SHARE THAT INFO LOL!!!

Grin Grin Grin

Smoothie, perhaps no one has ever told you this nicely, so let me try.

Your posts are rude, non-sensical (redefining english words by quoting them), childish (improper sentence construction, and too many lols and smileys) and incoherent (as I have pointed out). Whereas mine are polite, but stern. This is why many readers ignore you: the forum software shows your "ignore" link in a dark shade of orange.

Tell me, you write on bitcointalk to share your ideas, right? So you should put 2 and 2 together and realize it is in your best interest to improve the quality of your posts, in order to be less often ignored and be able to share your ideas with a larger readership. So please do improve your writings and communication skills.

As to my BFL pre-orders, I am not answering because: (1) it would be impolite to boast about them, (2) this is none of your business, (3) no one cares anyway, and (4) nobody understands the point you are trying to make! (I am happy to demonstrate my belief in BFL through a bet, therefore I would be happy, not embarrassed, to do the same through my pre-orders. "lol" indeed)
legendary
Showcasing a box that does not mine with asic chips (even prototypes) says their box there was a show

Of course it's there for show. It's goddamn CES, where companies try to show off whatever they can. They said weeks in advance that their chips wouldn't be ready.

and hoped no one would ask about the chips that are not 70+ days late.

They'd have to be braindead to not realise that people would ask about them. They wouldn't have been able to release FPGA products if they were braindead.

1. Showcasing a box with a nexus 7 and fans has nothing to do with mining. It has everything to do with fluff and bullshit.

2. You forgot to mention that they didn't say they were going to be 70+ days late on delivering their products. I'm sure you would support them if they said tomorrow that their chips wont be read until Christmas 2013.

3. Braindead they are just look at Josh's eyes. Red.
legendary
The first Ponzi sign - huge advertising campaign WITHOUT real product.

Every ASIC vendor advertised (at least a little bit) before they had a finished product. This does not imply that they didn't have a real design.

BFL ads are everywhere.

Obviously they have a good advertising budget. You can get this sort of funds when you have good investors who see some serious cash to be made.

And chips? Where are they?

Being produced? You realise that it takes a long time to produce them, right? This means that if the initial batch doesn't work (annoyingly high chance), it takes a long time to get the second batch. If that doesn't work either, you're forced to delay the shipment for a third, etc.

Where specs?

Why would they publish specs of their chips? The spec of the finished product is all that really matters to the customer.

Where intermediaries info? Where transparency?

Um, what do you consider to be "transparency"? I've noticed some pretty ridiculous goalpost-shifting over the last few months...every time they publish something, they apparently cease to be transparent if they don't publish more.

You may think this looks like a scam, but the simple fact is that the outward appearance of a new company trying to release their first ASIC product looks pretty much exactly the same, so it would be 50/50 for a scam or no scam without evidence. However, consider this evidence:

• ASICMINER has working chips, so it is at least physically possible to produce mining ASICs
  • bASIC apparently also has a small number of prototype chips (possibly from a MPW)
  • BFL has sold FPGA products before, so they probably already had at least some of the required expertise, they know how mining works, etc.
  • Selling ASICs can be very, very profitable. If their power usage is lower than their competitors, then they will remain profitable for longer...people will still be buying these for a long time
  • Many are simply waiting to see real products before they order, myself included, resulting in a fresh wave of orders after they first ship

Having ruled out that it's impossible to produce ASICs, BFL is in a better position financially if they can produce a real product than if they can get away with a scam. Assuming they want to make money, it's therefore more likely that the products are real.

All of your "benefit of the doubts" show how much support you have for BFL.

How much in preorders do you have with BFL?
Showcasing a box that does not mine with asic chips (even prototypes) says their box there was a show

Of course it's there for show. It's goddamn CES, where companies try to show off whatever they can. They said weeks in advance that their chips wouldn't be ready.

and hoped no one would ask about the chips that are not 70+ days late.

They'd have to be braindead to not realise that people would ask about them. They wouldn't have been able to release FPGA products if they were braindead.
The first Ponzi sign - huge advertising campaign WITHOUT real product.

Every ASIC vendor advertised (at least a little bit) before they had a finished product. This does not imply that they didn't have a real design.

BFL ads are everywhere.

Obviously they have a good advertising budget. You can get this sort of funds when you have good investors who see some serious cash to be made.

And chips? Where are they?

Being produced? You realise that it takes a long time to produce them, right? This means that if the initial batch doesn't work (annoyingly high chance), it takes a long time to get the second batch. If that doesn't work either, you're forced to delay the shipment for a third, etc.

Where specs?

Why would they publish specs of their chips? The spec of the finished product is all that really matters to the customer.

Where intermediaries info? Where transparency?

Um, what do you consider to be "transparency"? I've noticed some pretty ridiculous goalpost-shifting over the last few months...every time they publish something, they apparently cease to be transparent if they don't publish more.

You may think this looks like a scam, but the simple fact is that the outward appearance of a new company trying to release their first ASIC product looks pretty much exactly the same, so it would be 50/50 for a scam or no scam without evidence. However, consider this evidence:

• ASICMINER has working chips, so it is at least physically possible to produce mining ASICs
  • bASIC apparently also has a small number of prototype chips (possibly from a MPW)
  • BFL has sold FPGA products before, so they probably already had at least some of the required expertise, they know how mining works, etc.
  • Selling ASICs can be very, very profitable. If their power usage is lower than their competitors, then they will remain profitable for longer...people will still be buying these for a long time

Having ruled out that it's impossible to produce ASICs, BFL is in a better position financially if they can produce a real product than if they can get away with a scam. Assuming they want to make money, it's therefore more likely that the products are real.
legendary
POINT: Don't show up to a tech convention with an incomplete product. In fact 100% incomplete. If it were an actual prototype that works and mines then great. But it wasn't. Hence all the hate. BFL knows better than to put up a front that things are hunky-dorry and really aren't.

POINT: it's CES. Most of the companies show to advertise incomplete products.

They announced beforehand that it wouldn't be complete in time.

Showcasing a box that does not mine with asic chips (even prototypes) says their box there was a show and hoped no one would ask about the chips that are not 70+ days late.
legendary

In order:

False (We had/have no plastic cases. I honestly don't even know what the hell you're babbling about with regards to this.)
False (There's more in the "box of fans" than just fans, obviously.  Nor have we ever tried to deny the fact that we don't have our chips available for public consumption yet.  I don't know if this is a news flash for you or not, but pretty much everyone knows we are waiting on our chips.  It's not a secret.)
False (Just because it's unknown to you doesn't make it unknown, it just makes you ignorant. If you could have remained civil, you could have poked and prodded it at like a few hundred other individuals did this week.)
False (Please look up the price on the N7.)
and
False (The fact that you're reading this is evidence.)

So out of your five claims, every single one is provably false. I hope you can bring something else to the table.  Please, for the love of god, let it be a shower.

I guess the next projected date (next week will show if you have more secrets). "Oh we are delaying another 30 days blah blah blah"lol  Grin Grin Grin
Pages:
Jump to: