Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden. - page 10. (Read 30961 times)

legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1000
June 23, 2013, 11:06:42 AM
If all that everyone did were knowable to everyone...
Would anyone bother with lies, would there be shame?
Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left
with only honest dealing based on our efforts?
Are we now closer or further from finding out?

Universal security cameras, at least in "public" places.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
June 23, 2013, 10:57:41 AM
If all that everyone did were knowable to everyone...
Would anyone bother with lies, would there be shame?
Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left
with only honest dealing based on our efforts?
Are we now closer or further from finding out?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
June 23, 2013, 10:45:41 AM
I'm just severely worried for our future generations. All this surveillance will just be seemless and they will accept it as the norm.

1984 much?

I actually don't have a problem with a transparent society - I think it is the future. But when the current government is controlled by lobbyists, corporations and corruption, then it only takes a few bad apples (i.e. - What basically has happened) to pull of something like Hitler did, or worse...

We must be careful now as marcus of augustus said...
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
nak
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
June 23, 2013, 07:59:37 AM
I'm just severely worried for our future generations. All this surveillance will just be seemless and they will accept it as the norm.

1984 much?
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 23, 2013, 06:46:43 AM
USA is at a cross-roads. Snowden is the signpost, he clearly points out in no uncertain terms that if America wants to go down this path facism, tyranny, authoritarianism and lots of well-known bad things will come from it ... and also points to the another way.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/general-keith-alexander-cyberwar/all/

From here on, there can be no excuses, no-one can say "we didn't know". The devil is sitting at the cross-roads too, deal in hand waiting for America's signature. Do you want to sign off on this? The choice is now crystal clear and no abdication of responsibility can be had from what happens from here on in.

Choose wisely.
legendary
Antifragile
June 23, 2013, 06:28:16 AM
Edward Snowden is a modern day hero and deserves support for everyone who wants to preserve basic liberties, democracy and privacy. Do not let them demonise this guy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

In footage shot by The Guardian newspaper, Edward Snowden said he packed his bags for Hong Kong three weeks ago, leaving behind a "very comfortable life'' in Hawaii, a salary of $200,000, a girlfriend, a stable career and a loving family.

"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building." Snowden said.

But he believed that the value of the internet, along with basic privacy, is being rapidly destroyed by ubiquitous surveillance. "I don't see myself as a hero," he said, "because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."

Once he reached the conclusion that the NSA's surveillance net would soon be irrevocable, he said it was just a matter of time before he chose to act. "What they're doing" poses "an existential threat to democracy", he said.

We just need to snag a BTC address for him Smiley.

I appreciate what he did to protect the freedoms of man, but

I couldn't resist!

Had someone done the same thing as Snowden (and leaked docs) during Hitler's tenure, perhaps things would have went differently.
The black or white message in your image reminds me of the Nürnberg trials. Many of the Nazi soldiers didn't understand why they were being tried, they said "We were just following orders."  Cry
Rules and laws should never undermine humanity.

Think and Love,
Its about Sharing
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 23, 2013, 02:51:04 AM
Edward Snowden is a modern day hero and deserves support for everyone who wants to preserve basic liberties, democracy and privacy. Do not let them demonise this guy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

In footage shot by The Guardian newspaper, Edward Snowden said he packed his bags for Hong Kong three weeks ago, leaving behind a "very comfortable life'' in Hawaii, a salary of $200,000, a girlfriend, a stable career and a loving family.

"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building." Snowden said.

But he believed that the value of the internet, along with basic privacy, is being rapidly destroyed by ubiquitous surveillance. "I don't see myself as a hero," he said, "because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."

Once he reached the conclusion that the NSA's surveillance net would soon be irrevocable, he said it was just a matter of time before he chose to act. "What they're doing" poses "an existential threat to democracy", he said.

We just need to snag a BTC address for him Smiley.

I appreciate what he did to protect the freedoms of man, but

I couldn't resist!
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
June 23, 2013, 01:46:04 AM
Just because I call Snowden out as a treasonous liar doesn't mean I support unconstitutional actions by my government.

Treason requires helping a foreign nation.  Which nation are you alleging he is helping, making war against or seriously injuring the US to the benefit of...?
Does this seriously hurt the USA?  It looks like most seem to be taking it in stride.
I'd guess the AG will go after a lesser crime, easier to prove, but which might still warrant extradition.

However if he is exposing unlawful activity, as some in the US congress have stated, then he may have some sort of immunity.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Activity: 899
June 22, 2013, 11:57:41 PM
Update 2: He claims to have a ton more super seekrit NSA files held in some sort of escrow if he's shot in the face/ricin poisoned/polonium spiked drink lol spies.

I think is just about a given ... a spook learns early to keep an ace up their sleeve. It is how the corruption proliferates, they all hold the goods on each other. It is why secret societies, secret govt. is incompatible with open, liberal democracies since you never really know what the agenda of any individual or sect is behind the public actions.

Snowden definitely has a bag of secrets he's been siphoning from NSA servers for a long time, apparently since 2004. Today in response to the US extradition request he leaked some more NSA hacking antics stamped top secret to the South China Post detailing how the NSA is stealing multi millions of text messages from their nationalized telecoms, a lot of it from backdoored proprietary firmware sold by US corps. Ruhroh

You'd think China would be smart enough not to drop a US corporate blackbox onto any of their networks
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
June 22, 2013, 11:05:05 PM
Please don't take the fact I disagree with you to mean I am indoctrinated or brainwashed, I am not (although I am sure that's exactly what all the indoctrinated and brainwashed say). Rather, it just means I disagree with you.

Does anarchy not allow for disagreement? Huh
Of course it does. No hard feelings at all.

This subject takes a lot of time and 'unlearning' before 99% of people will understand them at all. It was my silly mistake to think that people supportive of bitcoin would naturally be 'unlearned' enough to make the rest of the jump easily.

And I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that you don't live in a community governed by anarchy. Correct me if I am wrong. If so, why is that?
Because the bad guys control every single inch of habitable land on the whole globe.

It's actually a deeper question than just that though; If the vast majority of folks woke up to Voluntaryism right now, but there were still a ruling class plus 1% or more of the people around like yourself that simply won't let go of your precious state, then the media would of course keep reporting that Team Blue beat Team Red for the presidency this year and all would continue as it does now... Even people who love and understand freedom wouldn't know that they are the majority... So the majority of the people could never have what it wants!

This is literally true because Voluntaryists won't vote and simply do not attack. Both are against our core principles of common decency.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 22, 2013, 10:46:45 PM
Update 2: He claims to have a ton more super seekrit NSA files held in some sort of escrow if he's shot in the face/ricin poisoned/polonium spiked drink lol spies.

I think is just about a given ... a spook learns early to keep an ace up their sleeve. It is how the corruption proliferates, they all hold the goods on each other. It is why secret societies, secret govt. is incompatible with open, liberal democracies since you never really know what the agenda of any individual or sect is behind the public actions.

The off-hand comment he made in his first interview about analysts being able to monitor anyone, including the president is maybe a message that he has something on Obama .... drone spike absurd?
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 22, 2013, 06:13:56 PM
The guy makes $200k+ per year while working at the NSA, he probably don't need money right now.

Actually, he lied about that, too.
Actually, it wasn't a lie. 200k was his career high. He worked in many areas, that is why he knows so much.
The government (via the NSA - our new Govt) is really scrambling to quiet the Shit Storm.
Here is another whistleblower going into a bit more. http://www.corbettreport.com/interview-685-russ-tice-reveals-the-truth-about-nsa-spying/
Long live freedom (of choice)...

How anyone can side with a government that has lied (e.g. Iraq weapons of mass destruction, Afghanistan, etc) is beyond me. 

Just because I call Snowden out as a treasonous liar doesn't mean I support unconstitutional actions by my government.
Activity: 899
June 22, 2013, 03:33:41 PM
Encryption itself seems safe, but the problem is that for SSL/tls the centralized certificate authorties which are subject to government coercion, hacking and the like. Meaning fake certificates and man in the middle attacks. Plus some centralized vulnerabilities in tor.

Without some type of working peer to peer CA (perhaps tied to bitcoin or namecoin) this is a big vulnerability as Moore's law marches on because it becomes easier and easier to monitor more and more. (Or save more and more for use later).

Namecoin project has recently got TLS (https) working for names in the namecoin blockchain, "NAMESEC" ... i.e. TLS without CA's is now possible using namecoin blockchain and .bit domains.

http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4285#p4285

.... the "NAMESEC" protocol Smiley

Can also pin the SSL cert to your Android app and avoid all cert authorities completely. It's what Moxie Marlinspike did while at Twitter, hardening their apps with pinned certs because of all the fascist regimes in the middle east hijacking traffic with spoofed certs.

Update: Snowden charged with espionage/treason (no surprise) and arrest warrant ordered. Apparently he has a private jet on standby to fly him to Iceland that somebody is paying for, so US trying to keep him in HK under arrest. Chinese authorities probably responded that the US should hand over all the Falun Gong sect members and corrupt politicians currently hiding out in the USA first, then they will send over Snowden.

legendary
Antifragile
June 22, 2013, 12:58:49 PM
The guy makes $200k+ per year while working at the NSA, he probably don't need money right now.

Actually, it wasn't a lie. 200k was his career high. He worked in many areas, that is why he knows so much.
The government (via the NSA - our new Govt) is really scrambling to quiet the Shit Storm.
Here is another whistleblower going into a bit more. http://www.corbettreport.com/interview-685-russ-tice-reveals-the-truth-about-nsa-spying/
Long live freedom (of choice)...

How anyone can side with a government that has lied (e.g. Iraq weapons of mass destruction, Afghanistan, etc) is beyond me. 
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 22, 2013, 11:26:16 AM

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
June 22, 2013, 06:05:20 AM
...governed by anarchy....

quoted for the lulz  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
June 22, 2013, 04:41:07 AM
Sadly too many on this thread, especially runam0k, have no clue what anarchy is; only what GOVERNMENTS tell them it is...

Seriously, it makes me really sad for the human race sometimes. I guess there is nothing to do but break out the instructional tools once again. Check out this vid runam0k:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMoPBDz5ycA

That perfectly defines what anarchy is, and what it isn't.

I watched the whole thing and it turns out I had a pretty good understanding of what anarchy means.

I just don't think anarchy is viable (for many, many reasons which I won't bore/annoy you with). Please don't take the fact I disagree with you to mean I am indoctrinated or brainwashed, I am not (although I am sure that's exactly what all the indoctrinated and brainwashed say). Rather, it just means I disagree with you.

Does anarchy not allow for disagreement? Huh

And I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that you don't live in a community governed by anarchy. Correct me if I am wrong. If so, why is that?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
June 21, 2013, 11:09:27 PM
Pages:
Jump to: