Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden. - page 9. (Read 30961 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
June 24, 2013, 07:09:31 AM
Let's face it, he paid China and Russia for help
Implying making US mad isn't worth much more than money
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
June 24, 2013, 07:07:24 AM
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad man." - John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, 1st Baron
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 24, 2013, 06:56:11 AM
For more reading re: drone killing:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1687.htm

... well that's pretty out there, but hey, extra-judicial drone strikes on US citizens who are a threat to "national security" are now legal according to Obama and Holder so who knows ... ?

... since "national security" can seem to mean anything you want it to mean for congress critters, judges, officials and sundry washington elites regarding 'legal spying' on Americans I suppose the same threshold is appropriate for extra-judicial killings for 'national security' threats ?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
June 24, 2013, 06:02:48 AM
It is funny to me that the US has been politely asking for Snowden back only to get a lukewarm response back from the countries he has fled to. Seems like getting caught spying on your neighbors with cameras and bugs, then going back over to ask for a cup of sugar.
Snowden's passport was revoked, which means he wasn't allowed to travel period. Let's face it, he paid China and Russia for help - not with bitcoins, I might add.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
June 24, 2013, 05:55:26 AM
It is funny to me that the US has been politely asking for Snowden back only to get a lukewarm response back from the countries he has fled to. Seems like getting caught spying on your neighbors with cameras and bugs, then going back over to ask for a cup of sugar.

Any word on actually getting Snowden some funds somehow? I feel if he had some kind of plan to do this at some point he would have secured himself financially somehow with such a high paying position, obviously he didn't just jump out of bed one morning and go "You know, I feel like dickpunching my government today and throwing away my life and career". Despite that, this man deserves some support for his sacrifices in exposing the real life Big Brother for what it is.
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
June 24, 2013, 05:26:13 AM
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
June 24, 2013, 05:19:44 AM
You should know all of the workings of your governments it's only fair because you pay them. They are supposed to work for you and do as you say and what you want.

I think this is one of the most dangerous delusions man can have. Government governs you. This has nothing to do with "working for you".

If you're in a prison cell, would you say the prison guard with a gun and the keys to your cell is working for you?
+1
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
June 24, 2013, 03:30:44 AM
You should know all of the workings of your governments it's only fair because you pay them. They are supposed to work for you and do as you say and what you want.

I think this is one of the most dangerous delusions man can have. Government governs you. This has nothing to do with "working for you".

If you're in a prison cell, would you say the prison guard with a gun and the keys to your cell is working for you?
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 24, 2013, 12:14:40 AM
... just going to file here in the "Absurd" bin for posterity ...

http://ktla.com/2013/06/21/exclusive-hastings-sent-colleagues-email-hours-before-crash/#axzz2X5MJsCFG

http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/lapd-officially-confirms-michael-hastings-car-crash-victim-233000393.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345332/Paranoid-Michael-Hastings-told-WikiLeaks-lawyer-investigated-FBI-hours-deadly-car-crash.html

The message read: “Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.”

Just wondering if it is possible to remotely hack a 2013 Mercedes C250 instrument system and set throttle to full? Or would a separate remote control device need planting on the vehicle to effect such an outcome?

Hastings last piece on Buzzfeed, pretty chilling stuff:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/why-democrats-love-to-spy-on-americans
It’s unclear where a possible third leak investigation would lead. However, judging by the DOJ’s and FBI’s recent history, it would seem that any new leak case would involve obtaining the phone records of reporters at the Guardian, the Washington Post, employees at various agencies who would have had access to the leaked material, as well as politicians and staffers in Congress—records, we now can safely posit, they already have unchecked and full access to.

In short: any so-called credible DOJ/FBI leak investigation, by its very nature, would have to involve the Obama administration invasively using the very surveillance and data techniques it is attempting to hide in order to snoop on a few Democratic Senators and more media outlets, including one based overseas.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
June 23, 2013, 09:36:33 PM
what constitution? Are you talking about The one we are seeing shred little by little  Cry
In the name of keeping us ignorant helpless US Citizens safe from the Terrorist who will kill us
for no other reason other than we are who we are and worship a different god not Alah Huh

Yeah, the US Gov will keep you and me safe at all costs from the Snowden`s of the world.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
June 23, 2013, 09:05:05 PM
are you guys all still worrying about some criminal that broke his oath? Huh

his oath to what the constitution? where does it say in the constitution that one must aid and abed rogue agencies in crimes against humanity?
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 23, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

General Keith Alexander's oath to uphold the Constitution?
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
June 23, 2013, 05:38:32 PM
You mean Obomba? Yeah, what's not to worry about?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
June 23, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

go back to bed padalin, your government is in control. You are free, to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 23, 2013, 04:30:20 PM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
June 23, 2013, 03:06:32 PM

Beautiful news. If we could just get Assange out of the UK as well.

Looking Forward to a weekly  Snowden internet based TV show...

Russia Today, the Kremlin's hilarious propaganda channel offered Assange his own show at one time, probably will offer Snowden a weekly show to punch the US gov in the nuts repeatedly though I don't think he's staying in Russia. Seems like his plan is to go to Cuba and then apply for safe haven in Ecuador like Assange is doing.

Equador it is:  http://rt.com/news/ecuador-asylum-request-snowden-135/

Of note, RT is the propaganda outlet for Russia. But each country is the same - CNN, FOX, etc. do likewise for the US. Max Keisser went into this and made some good points in a past episode.
Activity: 899
Merit: 1002
June 23, 2013, 02:50:04 PM

Russia Today, the Kremlin's hilarious propaganda channel offered Assange his own show at one time, probably will offer Snowden a weekly show to punch the US gov in the nuts repeatedly though I don't think he's staying in Russia. Seems like his plan is to go to Cuba and then apply for safe haven in Ecuador like Assange is doing.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
June 23, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 23, 2013, 12:51:46 PM
If all that everyone did were knowable to everyone...
Would anyone bother with lies, would there be shame?
Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left
with only honest dealing based on our efforts?
Are we now closer or further from finding out?

Universal security cameras, at least in "public" places.

Being Hollywood adjacent, and having produced some film, I've contemplated doing my next one entirely by security camera.
My actors and actresses can act out their scenes under the view of security cameras around the city, when cut together, the greater whole emerges.

Sure to be a stealth blockbuster.  Oscar here I come.

You can do the close ups as seen by cell and laptop cameras.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
June 23, 2013, 11:31:18 AM
If all that everyone did were knowable to everyone...
Would anyone bother with lies, would there be shame?
Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left
with only honest dealing based on our efforts?
Are we now closer or further from finding out?

Universal security cameras, at least in "public" places.

Being Hollywood adjacent, and having produced some film, I've contemplated doing my next one entirely by security camera.
My actors and actresses can act out their scenes under the view of security cameras around the city, when cut together, the greater whole emerges.

Sure to be a stealth blockbuster.  Oscar here I come.
Pages:
Jump to: