Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden. - page 8. (Read 30961 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 24, 2013, 07:28:37 PM
All this is such BS -- Snowden in a non-martyr for a pseudo-cause.

How can he claim to be a libertarian if he flees the freest country in the world and seeks refuge with dictatorships -- hopping from China, Russia (who all happily plundered the contents of his laptops), via Cuba to Equador?

What free country did he flee?

He's looking to get to Equador. Apparently Wikileaks people arranged that for him.

It's always good to have a dictator to buddy buddy with.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/23/edward-snowden-ecuador_n_3487546.html
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
June 24, 2013, 06:54:24 PM

How can he claim to be a libertarian if he flees the freest country in the world and seeks refuge with dictatorships -- hopping from China, Russia (who all happily plundered the contents of his laptops), via Cuba to Equador?

He's looking to get to Equador. Apparently Wikileaks people arranged that for him.

It's always good to have a dictator to buddy buddy with.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
June 24, 2013, 06:46:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
June 24, 2013, 06:33:49 PM

Is that what they learn in US class rooms? Did you ever consider being biased by PoV? You know there are always two versions for the same story... and that it varies according to who wrote the class book (historians from where, when, do they have an agenda etc.).

My tip to better understand the world: settle for at least two years somewhere in Asia, then in Europe, then in Canada maybe... and don't skip South America if you want to see other people can be happy with less GDP per capita, too... anyway. And don't spend your time trying to evangelize others about how you have it right and they have it wrong, but just spend time observing how things happen around you, how their political system work, how much society is decoupled with the mainstream media, the government, or not, etc. etc.

Or, keep on thinking the USA will ever stay TheKingOfTheWorld, that other governments are suckpuppets of evil communist / islamic / whatever dictator (terrorists, yaya...). And don't think about the ending of that 1997 movie...

Besides, I like the USA, but I'm always stunned that many people in the US don't realize they do have fierce competition on the global economic level, currently mostly with Asia and especially China.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
June 24, 2013, 06:32:55 PM
specifically when he signed to agree to keep secret info secret. A real "hero" would do the release and then turn himself in recognizing that he too broke the rules.

You do realize they'll just torture him for weeks before they kill him? Why would anyone turn themselves in? would you?

LOL right! with all this publicity I am sure they could get away with that! Sorry but back in the real world that just doesn't hold water. With him halving worked for the CIA earlier in his career he would also know that. I myself am ex military and had high level clearance. There are many other ways to have done this. If for some reason he couldn't figure any of those out (would have to be a complete idiot.) and he felt it was really worth it for the good of the country (the people not the corrupt government leaders) He would have both done the release and then took the hit himself. That would be a person I could consider worth respecting.

Also please don't confuse my lack of respect for him as a person as agreement with the systems he exposed.
Of course you would have made a wiser choice.
Mr Snowden seems more bold than wise.  Many could have been wiser.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
June 24, 2013, 06:23:43 PM

Activity: 531
Merit: 501
June 24, 2013, 05:43:02 PM
These guys have raised $23,000 for his future defense fund

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/snowden?refcode=SnowdenDefenseFund.com

Their Paypal account will be frozen in 3...2....1  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
June 24, 2013, 12:29:19 PM
this is supposed to be a democracy.

Is that supposed to be a good thing somehow?

Yes.  Just because people have misused and abused a word..

(note: representative democracy is neither)

doesn't mean that the thousands of years old concept is unworthy. 
The concept has even proven its ability to solve the Byzantine General's problem.  In fact it may be only now coming of age and actually could be implemented. 

You seem to be talking about the true concept of Democracy...I wonder what that is.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
June 24, 2013, 11:51:02 AM
Yes.  Just because people have misused and abused a word..

The concept has even proven its ability to solve the Byzantine General's problem.  In fact it may be only now coming of age and actually could be implemented.  

Am I alone in thinking that raising the Byzantine General problem in this context is ironically hilarious?
( who are the traitor(s) )
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
June 24, 2013, 11:36:47 AM
If he is in hiding (not stashed in some hotel in Hong Kong), sending him bitcoin will potentially out him.

what are you talking about? 

if he posts an address and ppl send him coins, so what?  since when is that illegal?  and since when would that reveal an ip address?

any spending out of his address would be unknown as to its purposes or usage since you wouldn't know the identity of anyone associated with those receiving addresses.  he could buy alpaca socks for all you know.
Because the actual posting of the address could reveal his IP.
Yeah I'm sure an ex CIA agent doesn't know how to hide his ass
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
June 24, 2013, 11:27:01 AM
If he is in hiding (not stashed in some hotel in Hong Kong), sending him bitcoin will potentially out him.

what are you talking about? 

if he posts an address and ppl send him coins, so what?  since when is that illegal?  and since when would that reveal an ip address?

any spending out of his address would be unknown as to its purposes or usage since you wouldn't know the identity of anyone associated with those receiving addresses.  he could buy alpaca socks for all you know.
Because the actual posting of the address could reveal his IP.
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
June 24, 2013, 09:46:50 AM

Yes.  Just because people have misused and abused a word..

The concept has even proven its ability to solve the Byzantine General's problem.  In fact it may be only now coming of age and actually could be implemented. 

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
June 24, 2013, 08:19:05 AM
I think this is one of the most dangerous delusions man can have. Government governs you. This has nothing to do with "working for you".

If you're in a prison cell, would you say the prison guard with a gun and the keys to your cell is working for you?

What I meant by that is that the government is only powerful because the people pay them. We are paying being forced to pay for these systems with tax money, surely if we pay for them we should at least know if they exist and are morally right, this is supposed to be a democracy.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 24, 2013, 08:08:21 AM
specifically when he signed to agree to keep secret info secret. A real "hero" would do the release and then turn himself in recognizing that he too broke the rules.

You do realize they'll just torture him for weeks before they kill him? Why would anyone turn themselves in? would you?

LOL right! with all this publicity I am sure they could get away with that! Sorry but back in the real world that just doesn't hold water. With him halving worked for the CIA earlier in his career he would also know that. I myself am ex military and had high level clearance. There are many other ways to have done this. If for some reason he couldn't figure any of those out (would have to be a complete idiot.) and he felt it was really worth it for the good of the country (the people not the corrupt government leaders) He would have both done the release and then took the hit himself. That would be a person I could consider worth respecting.

Also please don't confuse my lack of respect for him as a person as agreement with the systems he exposed.

I would hope so. I also hope that the 2 children that I have raised and are now in the military (US NAVY and Marine) and the 1 that is currently try to get into the US Air force academy would.

EDIT.. This is exactly what I had told them when this first started.
legendary
June 24, 2013, 08:04:08 AM

June 24, 2013, 07:57:19 AM

legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 24, 2013, 07:54:16 AM
Snowden touches down in Moscow .... ooops, honey trap, send moar bitcoins boyz!  Cheesy

http://blog.ste-global.net/?p=1292
legendary
June 24, 2013, 07:53:56 AM

You do realize they'll just torture him for weeks years before they kill him? Why would anyone turn themselves in? would you?
FTFY
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 24, 2013, 07:47:38 AM
Author, I just read the TITLE only and found that you used "BitCoins". Sorry to say that you are not among us.
June 24, 2013, 07:41:38 AM
are you guys all still worrying about some criminal that broke his oath? Huh

his oath to what the constitution? where does it say in the constitution that one must aid and abed rogue agencies in crimes against humanity?

Pages:
Jump to: