Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden. - page 3. (Read 30961 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
December 23, 2013, 02:39:17 PM
Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Then you are too ignorant to realize that every other country with an intelligence agency is doing the same thing...

Every country is (although mine is likely REALLY amateuristic). This doesn't make it right. It also does NOT make someone who actually proves this beyond a gut feeling (and shows it to people who are too stupid to guess this is happening themselves, which is most people) a traitor.

He was trying to make the world a better place and went through great risk and self-sacrifice to do so. That's my definition of hero (even though the effect will likely be small).

I never said anything about it being right. I never even said the US Gov wasn't wrong for their actions, as well any other gov doing the same thing. But Snowden was part of that game and he broke the rules of it, among the players he is a traitor. And consider with the number of nations outraged over the incident, what of the result is an ensuing war or some violent action, what of your hero then? What if his actions are catalyst to that kind of result? It would only make him an instigator in addition to being a traitor. Treachery is bad all the way around.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
December 23, 2013, 02:33:13 PM
Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Then you are too ignorant to realize that every other country with an inelligence agency is doing the same thing...

Every country is (although mine is likely REALLY amateuristic). This doesn't make it right. It also does NOT make someone who actually proves this beyond a gut feeling (and shows it to people who are too stupid to guess this is happening themselves, which is most people) a traitor.

He was trying to make the world a better place and went through great risk and self-sacrifice to do so. That's my definition of hero (even though the effect will likely be small).
December 23, 2013, 02:29:25 PM
Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Then you are too ignorant to realize that every other country with an intelligence agency is doing the same thing...
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
December 23, 2013, 02:16:31 PM
Too funny watching the americans raging about the fact that the rest of the world now know about their attempt at global espionage/control/surveillance/ruining encryption/whatelse  Cheesy

A traitor? As an european i have to thank him, for showing us what usa did to europe  Wink

Indeed. If you honestly think he's a traitor your retardedness is beyond words and I sincerely hope you don't reproduce (sadly these are usually the people that aren't smart enough to comprehend the purpose of contraceptives or the need to limit their pollution of the gene pool).

Agreed and enhanced to support meaning.

Does Honeypot hate America and post only to draw others to hate it?  Methinks YHBT
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
December 23, 2013, 01:42:42 PM

Indeed. If you honestly think he's a traitor your retardedness is beyond words and I sincerely hope you don't reproduce (sadly these are usually the people that aren't smart enough to comprehend the purpose of contraceptives or the need to limit their pollution of the gene pool).

Agreed and enhanced to support meaning.
legendary
December 23, 2013, 01:28:55 PM

Indeed. If you honestly think he's a traitor your retardedness is beyond words and I sincerely hope you don't reproduce (sadly these are usually the people that aren't smart enough to comprehend the use of contraceptives).
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
December 23, 2013, 12:55:41 PM
Ummm, actually Snowden has exposed whole Institutions full of Fourth Amendment criminals, perpetrating crimes wantonly and persistently over many years.

Charges, prosecutions and punishments should be fitting for such criminals. Let the chips fall where they may. Choose your sides wisely, history does not play well for losers.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
December 23, 2013, 12:21:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
December 23, 2013, 12:16:48 PM
All the US Gov has to do is say the word and Putin is ready to make a deal and they can acquire him, Not sure why they havent yet.
December 23, 2013, 11:46:35 AM

He is a criminal and a traitor and he doesn't deserve anything but prison time. It's just fools, other criminals and anarchists that also belong prison that keep trying to support this idiot.

Anyone who is donating is just aiding and abetting a fugitive and belongs in prison with him.

He got away with it..he won and you lost.  He isn't going to prison....he is going to live in Brazil and have a very full and rich life, unlike yourself.

He should be Time's "Man of the Year" but I doubt they would go with a controversial pick, however deserving he is.

It's cute that you believe that. All the US Gov has to do is say the word and Putin is ready to make a deal and they can acquire him, Not sure why they havent yet. So again, all he is deserving is being someone's prison bitch.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 23, 2013, 11:34:52 AM

He is a criminal and a traitor and he doesn't deserve anything but prison time. It's just fools, other criminals and anarchists that also belong prison that keep trying to support this idiot.

Anyone who is donating is just aiding and abetting a fugitive and belongs in prison with him.

He got away with it..he won and you lost.  He isn't going to prison....he is going to live in Brazil and have a very full and rich life, unlike yourself.

He should be Time's "Man of the Year" but I doubt they would go with a controversial pick, however deserving he is.

Activity: 490
December 23, 2013, 10:26:57 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 23, 2013, 10:11:39 AM
Snowden doesn't need anyone's help to 'demonize' and embarrass himself Smiley
December 23, 2013, 09:07:19 AM
Edward Snowden is a modern day hero and deserves support for everyone who wants to preserve basic liberties, democracy and privacy. Do not let them demonise this guy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

In footage shot by The Guardian newspaper, Edward Snowden said he packed his bags for Hong Kong three weeks ago, leaving behind a "very comfortable life'' in Hawaii, a salary of $200,000, a girlfriend, a stable career and a loving family.

"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building." Snowden said.

But he believed that the value of the internet, along with basic privacy, is being rapidly destroyed by ubiquitous surveillance. "I don't see myself as a hero," he said, "because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."

Once he reached the conclusion that the NSA's surveillance net would soon be irrevocable, he said it was just a matter of time before he chose to act. "What they're doing" poses "an existential threat to democracy", he said.

We just need to snag a BTC address for him Smiley.

legendary
December 23, 2013, 08:11:39 AM
Edward Snowden truly is a hero for freedom. Anyone who donates, props.  Cheesy

This. I cannot let the previous post be the last post in this topic for more than a few minutes.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
December 23, 2013, 08:09:43 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA christ you kids crack me up.

The reason this kid 'left all behind' is because he was foolish enough to mistake his childish and vainglorious 'revolutionary' urge as something 'heroic'. He left his family, 'girlfriend' (a more selfish and self-absorbed bitch I have seldom seen - pole dancing shallow whore that she is), and his job not because he is an established and determined revolutionary - he is suffering under a VERY CHILDISH delusion that what he has done is something 'remarkable' and 'like a fighter for freedom'.

His every word and actions in running from the results of his actions prove him nothing less than a pathetic fool on the same level as bradley manning - insecure, infantile, and infinitely gullible kid easily manipulated and cajoled by reality who is only a hero in his own mind, along with multitude of similarly lacking peoples. His ultimate goal is self-congratulation, self-masturbatory delusions about 'standing up for something'. Well, he certainly didn't even attempt to stand up to something in a position that presented even a remote threat to him - he ran like a bitch to cower behind something else and spout their shallow nonsense from safety of someone else's skirt.

Is there any wonder why authorities and people in power look upon you with contempt when your standards are so pathetic?

Sitting behind a computer and bitching about 'civil liberties' must have felt very comfortable in the relative safety of 1st world nation, but I am sure reality slapped him around a few times when he decided to book it to china then russia, beacon of democracy and civil liberties that they are. I am sure MSS and FSB/SVR had much fun tossing this kid around like a cheap piece of meat and holding his strings.

Cowards like snowden exemplify everything that's wrong with younger 1st world generations today, and the fact that this loser and coward is being held up as a 'hero' by ignorant and petulant fools stands as an embarrassment for all who are citizens of those nations. His profile is practically a textbook example of insecure, childish internet 'hero' (a weaboo on top of that) whose notion of 'determination' consists of running away anything that presents even a slight real challenge.

Save your money. Save your pseudo-intellectual platitudes about 'liberty' and 'democracy'. If anyone's doing more to damage those two causes, it's you who think democracy and liberty are sunday morning cartoon themes.

Fish rots from the head - and the ultimate head of democracy is supposed to be the public. Your state is rotten indeed.

For Fucks sake, please grow a pair and grow the fuck up. 1st world doesn't need fools like these getting too mouthy for their own good.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 23, 2013, 07:37:35 AM
Edward Snowden truly is a hero for freedom. Anyone who donates, props.  Cheesy
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
December 17, 2013, 02:26:47 PM
moving forward there will never be a time that we will have privacy from government. the age of privacy is and forever will be a thing of the past. the good news is that the internet is a two way looking glass. for the first time in history we can stare right back at them.  Grin
βλεπομεν γαρ αρτι δι εσοπτρου εν αινιγματι
Through a glass, darkly.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
December 17, 2013, 02:22:29 PM

To be fair, Snowden made this all about him anyway.  In front of the camera from day 1, regular interviews and statements, flirting with various countries for asylum, etc. 

"flirting"Huh  What would have had him do instead...just come back to the USA and spend a life in prison?  Very weird veiew you have of it is struggle for survival.

Snowden didn't have editorial control.  What you saw is what the media wanted you to see, and what would sell advertisements.
Media is the natural ally of the government propaganda in these cases.  What sells the adverts is also what hurts the whistleblower the most.  The focus on the person, the human interest drama, the chase scene.
All the hard facts and technical details about why the whistleblower did it and what was revealed is only a minor element in the plot of the story.  Those are purely secondary to the love interests, the sordid pasts, the flight vs the captivity.
Activity: 518
December 17, 2013, 06:10:38 AM

To be fair, Snowden made this all about him anyway.  In front of the camera from day 1, regular interviews and statements, flirting with various countries for asylum, etc. 

"flirting"Huh  What would have had him do instead...just come back to the USA and spend a life in prison?  Very weird veiew you have of it is struggle for survival.
Pages:
Jump to: