Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely! - page 8. (Read 108329 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
December 06, 2016, 01:41:30 PM
Here is the usual escrow procedure for physical goods:

1. Buyer and seller both need to contact me and provide details of deal.
2. I will then send them a confirmation pm and both need to agree it.
3. Buyer need to make payment to me and include escrow fees (If he's paying escrow)
4. I will then send seller a payment confirmation pm. (or the seller checks the bitcoin escrow address using any block explorer website.)
5. Then Seller needs to provide item to buyer and pm me tracking/proof so I can check it and confirm delivery with buyer.
6. Upon buyers confirmation, I will release escrow.

The most important part is the shipping needs to have tracking and can be checked online. For your own protection, you may want insurance as well but that is on the seller.

Dabs, thanks for the info. Beside BTC, do you have other modes of payment?

Also, in the event the product shipped is not what is agreed on (I apologise for my ignorance) and I don't accept the delivery, what then? Like, it's a brick or something.
What happens when/if delivery is refused should be spelled out in the escrow agreement (in other words you and your trading partner should agree on what happens in this scenario).
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
December 06, 2016, 01:39:58 PM

Also, in the event the product shipped is not what is agreed on (I apologise for my ignorance) and I don't accept the delivery, what then? Like, it's a brick or something.

1.Using anything else as a payment method (like PayPal or anything that is reversible) will make using an escrow totally useless as someone could simply wait till he receive the goods and chargeback.
2. I will assume that you will need to provide a proof for that and probably ship the item back to the seller.

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 06, 2016, 12:36:10 PM

3. Buyer need to make payment to me and include escrow fees (If he's paying escrow)
4. I will then send seller a payment confirmation pm. (or the seller checks the bitcoin escrow address using any block explorer website.)
5. Then Seller needs to provide item to buyer and pm me tracking/proof so I can check it and confirm delivery with buyer.

The most important part is the shipping needs to have tracking and can be checked online. For your own protection, you may want insurance as well but that is on the seller.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
December 06, 2016, 11:13:13 AM

December 06, 2016, 09:54:36 AM
Hi. Still a newbie.

I am thinking of buying an Antminer S7 via this forum. From the many posts I've read, many has suggested using escrow. But, I was wondering how can I buy a miner safely without being scammed.

I have many queries which I hope you guys can answer:
1. how do I know what i'm paying is what I'm getting?
2. does the escrow look at the stuff I'm buying before it's being shipped?
3. how can I pay through escrow, as I don't have BTC?
4. how am I sure the trade is being followed through?

I hope there's someone who can give me guidance.

Thanks.
I think it is better to check this link https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcointalk-escrows-trade-safely-855778
It may help you to choose what is the legit and trusted to escrow your deal..
You just linked him in OP here.

@GameBless to answer your question it will depends on the escrow on how he will handle the deal and on what payment will he accept. It usually is hard to make a physical good trade but you can find someone maybe who will be willing to help you out. To make things clear for you, the escrows responsibility is to make sure the transaction will be processed sucessfully  so you will get what you pay for, if not he don't release the money.

I have a general understanding of escrow service. it's just that most posts that I've read deals with trading of BTC and AltCoins, but couldn't find any case of successful product trades using escrow here.

If any escrow has assisted in successful product trades, I'd love to hear your thoughts so that I can buy a miner.

Btw, I have people PMed me with the product, but unclear on how to proceed with the purchase. He's post photos but I still have my doubts, even though i really want to off him. The seller is in the US while I'm half way around the world. If an escrow can clear my doubts and guarantees a successful trade, I can even engage him to be my escrow for this.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2016, 09:40:32 AM
Hi. Still a newbie.

I am thinking of buying an Antminer S7 via this forum. From the many posts I've read, many has suggested using escrow. But, I was wondering how can I buy a miner safely without being scammed.

Thanks.
I think it is better to check this link https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcointalk-escrows-trade-safely-855778
You just linked him in OP here.

@GameBless to answer your question it will depends on the escrow on how he will handle the deal and on what payment will he accept. It usually is hard to make a physical good trade but you can find someone maybe who will be willing to help you out. To make things clear for you, the escrows responsibility is to make sure the transaction will be processed sucessfully  so you will get what you pay for, if not he don't release the money.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
December 06, 2016, 09:35:49 AM
Hi. Still a newbie.

Thanks.
December 06, 2016, 09:22:49 AM
Hi. Still a newbie.

Thanks.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
girlbtc.com
December 06, 2016, 05:30:28 AM
 I want an escrow for this thread  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/girlbtc-massive-20-bonus-on-your-bet-no-strings-attached-1703580