Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely! - page 9. (Read 108329 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
November 18, 2016, 05:43:15 AM
I have a question. What is the quality to become a trusted escrow ? I do not make many trades here because I do not want to sell my bitcoin. However, I want to become a person who can hold an escrow for some trade or signature campaign. I would help me to earn extra income and I can also earn more trust point here
Thanks in advance

Be trustworthy enough that people ask you to escrow their deals. How to become trustworthy? -> http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Trustworthy-Person [1]

[1] just googled the question and clicked the first link. Was surpisingly good advice.

Agreed, surprisingly good advice in that link. I see many of these qualities in my default escrow agents and lack of those qualities in escrows I would never ever use.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
November 17, 2016, 03:40:03 PM
I have a question. What is the quality to become a trusted escrow ? I do not make many trades here because I do not want to sell my bitcoin. However, I want to become a person who can hold an escrow for some trade or signature campaign. I would help me to earn extra income and I can also earn more trust point here
Thanks in advance

Be trustworthy enough that people ask you to escrow their deals. How to become trustworthy? -> http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Trustworthy-Person [1]

[1] just googled the question and clicked the first link. Was surpisingly good advice.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 17, 2016, 01:16:59 PM
Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218
💲🏎️💨🚓
November 16, 2016, 12:52:27 PM
Code:
Name: 	marcotheminer
Activity: 1092
Position: Legendary
Date Registered: 31 August 2013, 20:24:36
Last Active: 08 November 2016, 07:34:58

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/marcotheminer-147773

07 September 2016, 06:48:36 Last actual post marcotheminer

17 August 2016, 21:34:03 second to last post marcotheminer
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
November 16, 2016, 12:48:56 PM
~Snipped~
You have a point there, however marcotheminer could request a change in ownership of the thread to any of the administrators so someone that is neutral (towards anyone, perhaps one of the moderators would be the ideal candidate) would be keeping the thread updated instead. But again the issue is, marcotheminer isn't active nowadays.

I would be prepared to administer the thread for a while if need be.

What I would do is browse the numerous pages to compile a list of all known Escrows, current or historical contact all of them regardless of activity (unless Red Paint TM such as master-p or QuickSeller etc) to ask the simple question: Are you an escrow still? then post a summary of their response along with a link they provide to their Escrow OP and and fees stated.

Of course, someone could do this anyway and then weekly/monthly post their results on this thread regardless of whether or not the OP is active.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 16, 2016, 12:20:30 AM
~Snipped~
You have a point there, however marcotheminer could request a change in ownership of the thread to any of the administrators so someone that is neutral (towards anyone, perhaps one of the moderators would be the ideal candidate) would be keeping the thread updated instead. But again the issue is, marcotheminer isn't active nowadays.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
From nothing to nothing
November 15, 2016, 04:44:54 PM
It would be much better If someone active enough on the forums make a new list instead.
It wouldn't be the same as this thread has been quoted by people countless times in other threads and this is more or less the officially accepted list of trusted escrows. Any new such escrow threads might be subject to bias towards one escrow service provider
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
November 15, 2016, 08:47:34 AM
Of course! It's great to be back. I've recently started at a new college and have been super busy IRL.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I'm confirming this is devthedev from Bitcointalk on November 12th, 2016
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.58
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJYJ3w4AAoJEFkJihs2GslbtuYH/3qpc+pLDzMAWJ/FLYthQ8jP
nRkjm5uN6a7X7FVsdNBVGAmPJRcdY4PHXPztz687jbeF77yf3k7f6eSgW0s8g2J+
ql4lv053FO6N7oclZe8aiv1+RgL1iDGPjzm1uqSPG9J53nEW1skMz5SBvYRKQvL/
Ds0JDpPQU3bSi33Iy5UdKh9Hjw9kQBM8bQyKNiX/1GBQcZMmhorw/zaMuNCmIOZo
StmhvxF9thQAjyDek72nRr0rBo1NhWU7Zx0DsNpLDljHHyAcA8kIbGGxCrBpLv3P
fKFmsY0ho1MJFZ++YeLpWKHZyzCX6Nvpc3O/cAXfiKYeKXPKsyeG3Te+JhdtEd0=
=XldS
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

so it will be good if OP update the thread

Marcotheminer is not active anymore If you check his posting history , It would be much better If someone active enough on the forums make a new list instead.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
November 15, 2016, 03:21:41 AM
i just looking at the escrow and it seem Devthedev is back to provide an escrow

I am sure I am being paranoid, but would you mind providing a new PGP signed message given the length of absence and new forum password?

Of course! It's great to be back. I've recently started at a new college and have been super busy IRL.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

I'm confirming this is devthedev from Bitcointalk on November 12th, 2016
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.58
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJYJ3w4AAoJEFkJihs2GslbtuYH/3qpc+pLDzMAWJ/FLYthQ8jP
nRkjm5uN6a7X7FVsdNBVGAmPJRcdY4PHXPztz687jbeF77yf3k7f6eSgW0s8g2J+
ql4lv053FO6N7oclZe8aiv1+RgL1iDGPjzm1uqSPG9J53nEW1skMz5SBvYRKQvL/
Ds0JDpPQU3bSi33Iy5UdKh9Hjw9kQBM8bQyKNiX/1GBQcZMmhorw/zaMuNCmIOZo
StmhvxF9thQAjyDek72nRr0rBo1NhWU7Zx0DsNpLDljHHyAcA8kIbGGxCrBpLv3P
fKFmsY0ho1MJFZ++YeLpWKHZyzCX6Nvpc3O/cAXfiKYeKXPKsyeG3Te+JhdtEd0=
=XldS
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

so it will be good if OP update the thread
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
November 10, 2016, 04:21:33 AM
I observed that one of the big three escrows, Monbux charges 0% for escrow services. So I'm wondering how he makes profit from the venture Undecided Huh

If you check his ANN thread you will see that he is accepting tips and donations but It's not mandatory. He probably won't get anything from small transaction but for the big ones both parties will surely tip him If the transaction is completed without issues.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
November 10, 2016, 04:07:00 AM
I observed that one of the big three escrows, Monbux charges 0% for escrow services. So I'm wondering how he makes profit from the venture Undecided Huh
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
November 09, 2016, 01:12:26 AM
At first i do think that escrow service is really i good way to earn bitcoin in easy way, but when i grow more to this industry i am starting to realized that it must be a way of helping others in this community. Btw how can i know that i am trusted enough to do some escrow service

Look at what is publicly available about you (e.g. via your account) and consider if you would trust a stranger like this with your coins. Alternativly just wait till people ask you to be the escrow.

Now ive realized the things that i  should do. I guess most of us already know it that we should be patient and continue to help lower ranks or basically at the field that you are good at thanks tho.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
November 08, 2016, 10:16:30 AM
any one want to do special escrow

in our game www.girlbtc.com

when the rounds goes up , like 10 btc 100 btc , I need escrow .

but when rounds are small , it is no need .

any one available.?
Escrows wont approach u. U need to approach escrows.

Have only just seen this message - Perhaps you should start a thread in Meta / Off Topic (which ever is applicable) explaining what you are after as well as which Escrow you have already approached to help with your project.

I for one can't follow what it is exactly you are after and this isn't the right thread for it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi
November 08, 2016, 09:05:37 AM
Thread isn't up to date.  It's a pain trying to look up the unlisted ones when someone ask for an escrow service so I'll just leave this here so people can just use it as reference.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-am-offering-escrow-service-for-last-year-or-so-decided-to-make-a-thread-1623827 philipma1957
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/devscrow-complimentary-and-trusted-escrow-service-since-2014-708658 devthedev
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ranochigos-escrow-signature-campaign-manager-legendary-member-1306343 ranochigo
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zazarbs-quick-loans-escrow-1161170 zazarb
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-achow101s-escrow-service-1373968 achow101

The list is incomplete.  I'll add them one by one when I see any.  I don't feel like formatting it right now.
Users should do their own research before using any escrow.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
October 17, 2016, 11:59:36 AM

any one available.?
Escrows wont approach u. U need to approach escrows.
Activity: 252
girlbtc.com
October 17, 2016, 11:30:59 AM

any one available.?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
October 10, 2016, 08:14:20 AM
At first i do think that escrow service is really i good way to earn bitcoin in easy way, but when i grow more to this industry i am starting to realized that it must be a way of helping others in this community. Btw how can i know that i am trusted enough to do some escrow service

When you have "I am not an Escrow Service" on your signature for more than 12 months and people still contact you to be their Escrow...
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
October 09, 2016, 09:43:27 AM

Look at what is publicly available about you (e.g. via your account) and consider if you would trust a stranger like this with your coins. Alternativly just wait till people ask you to be the escrow.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
October 09, 2016, 09:02:42 AM
Activity: 266
October 09, 2016, 04:22:37 AM
Hi Op

May i nominate crazyivan into the list?

He acted as escrow for a deal and ge handled it well. Responsive and professional
Pages:
Jump to: