Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 34. (Read 17703 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
It would be pretty interesting to see the match today. I think it would also depend on Mumbai which team they want to see in the playoffs. I know some might think that every team is there to play and win and Mumbai will do the same. But I have played such team sports, at the back of your mind in such situations you know which team you think is better among the two and you even unconsciously perform accordingly.[quote
Yup, it happens all the time when you are the one holding the Wild card entry and i hope they go for direct kill against SRH.

KKR would be very pissed if MI rest their main players  Undecided . Rohit is already struggling with the injuries so he's already out of the picture. Hope they don't change their bowling lineup and if they want to rest their batsmen then they should start with the Saurabh Tiwary.

I hope that MI change their bowling lineup. Bumrah needs some rest ahead of the playoff matches, and the other pacers (Boult/Pattinson) have been leaking a lot of runs. Players such as Mitchell McClenaghan and Dhawal Kulkarni deserve at least one chance in this IPL. Also, I would like to see Sherfane Rutherford and Chris Lynn in the top order. Maybe they could replace one overseas bowler with an overseas batsman?
You are just being Anti KKR  Grin

Having said that McClenaghan seems good addition to the team if Pattinson sitting out (Or both Boult/ Pattinson), not sure about Kulkarni Sahab. Only 3 games left for Bumrah and he's in good touch so personally i don't want to disturb his rhythm by resting him. I don't think they are going to change much in batting order.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
KKR would be very pissed if MI rest their main players  Undecided . Rohit is already struggling with the injuries so he's already out of the picture. Hope they don't change their bowling lineup and if they want to rest their batsmen then they should start with the Saurabh Tiwary.

I hope that MI change their bowling lineup. Bumrah needs some rest ahead of the playoff matches, and the other pacers (Boult/Pattinson) have been leaking a lot of runs. Players such as Mitchell McClenaghan and Dhawal Kulkarni deserve at least one chance in this IPL. Also, I would like to see Sherfane Rutherford and Chris Lynn in the top order. Maybe they could replace one overseas bowler with an overseas batsman?
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
It would be pretty interesting to see the match today. I think it would also depend on Mumbai which team they want to see in the playoffs. I know some might think that every team is there to play and win and Mumbai will do the same. But I have played such team sports, at the back of your mind in such situations you know which team you think is better among the two and you even unconsciously perform accordingly.
What a season. So freaking entertaining. I bet on SRH in the final match between them and MI knowing that it's a long shot. Just 5 matches remaining. RCB are lucky to qualify since their NRR is just above KKR.
All the matches are unpredictable until you understand how the pitch behaves, RCB and DC were lucky to qualify because at one moment i expected ABD to cut loose and go for big hits and unfortunately he was run out and they were short of 15 to 20 runs and if that was the case DC would have struggled.

Both MI and SRH share the same win/loss pattern in the last 5 matches. If SRH actually manage to defeat MI tomorrow, it would make the playoffs more interesting in my opinion.
MI will rest their main players for tomorrow's matches and SRH stand a chance to qualify and the performance of their top order determines their fate.
I don't think they should or will rest their players. Resting your players gives an unnecessary break of momentum to the team. Delhi Capitals did the same in their match against KXIP by resting Nortje and paid price for it and even lost the following matches. I don't think you should rest key players. But yes if they have any doubt regarding Rohit Sharma it's better to keep him rested until the qualifier.
legendary
Both MI and SRH share the same win/loss pattern in the last 5 matches. If SRH actually manage to defeat MI tomorrow, it would make the playoffs more interesting in my opinion.
MI will rest their main players for tomorrow's matches and SRH stand a chance to qualify and the performance of their top order determines their fate.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
What a season. So freaking entertaining. I bet on SRH in the final match between them and MI knowing that it's a long shot. Just 5 matches remaining. RCB are lucky to qualify since their NRR is just above KKR.
All the matches are unpredictable until you understand how the pitch behaves, RCB and DC were lucky to qualify because at one moment i expected ABD to cut loose and go for big hits and unfortunately he was run out and they were short of 15 to 20 runs and if that was the case DC would have struggled.

Activity: 896
Merit: 236
Check this article out guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/why-ipl-2020-is-officially-the-most-competitive-season-ever/amp_articleshow/78984917.cms

I am also feeling SRH is really team to watch now as they done very good in last few matches and beating MI is not easy but still they can manage this and have place in play off's after this we are going to have some more entertaining cricket after very long time as right now things are not good for future sports still few countries going for lock down and we are going to be have very boring time.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Check this article out guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/why-ipl-2020-is-officially-the-most-competitive-season-ever/amp_articleshow/78984917.cms

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Indeed one of the most competitive ipl edition and if I dare to say one of the most competitive tournament (multiple teams)in cricket history, never witnessed such fight even in icc tournaments.

There’s no chance of not happening any of these I think as DC will certainly take the match till the last over or 19 at least and DC is unlikely to lose the match which is why there’s no chance that they will stuck at 134 or below. So, KKR NRR is going to be less than both DC and RCB. If SRH win, KKR is out and if SRH lose, KKR is in.
Pleasant with my pick this round but no chance to catch Rajavu, he is far ahead.
Disappointing performance from the RCB. With 5 overs to go, they were 112/2, with two established batsmen at crease (Devdutt Padikkal & AB de Villiers). But as it happened a lot many times in this tournament, the youngster got out at the worst possible time. And then there was a batting collapse. From 112/2, they ended at 152/7. During the last 5 overs, they scored 40 runs and lost 5 wickets.
legendary
Indeed one of the most competitive ipl edition and if I dare to say one of the most competitive tournament (multiple teams)in cricket history, never witnessed such fight even in icc tournaments.

Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Agreed. One among RCB and DC will be the 2nd team to qualify today and the loser along with KKR will be hoping that SRH loses. Several teams like Punjab and RR came close to the line, but couldn't cross it. Will SRH suffer the same fate? Let's see.

SRH is having such a good NRR. So in case they are able to beat MI somehow, then it is certain that they will qualify for the playoffs. The winner of RCB and DC will get another slot. KKR's chances are not looking that bright now. Anyway, just two matches remaining, and we still don't know which are the teams (apart from MI), who are going to qualify for the playoffs.
No matter who qualifies I think this has been the most competitive IPL so far. I have never seen so many teams ending at 14 points at NRR coming into play in such detailed manner. KKR would not only be hoping for SRH losing but would also be waiting for a big defeat for any of the two teams in today's match as that could also help KKR in getting ahead of the losing team in terms of NRR. But SRH have to ensure that they don't choke out on the last moment. They do have their match with the best team of the league which makes me doubtful about their win but their form has recently returned with Warner, Saha and Williamson all scoring runs. I think KXIP and RR deserved this spot much more than DC or RCB. In the second half both those teams have played so well.
Agreed. One among RCB and DC will be the 2nd team to qualify today and the loser along with KKR will be hoping that SRH loses. Several teams like Punjab and RR came close to the line, but couldn't cross it. Will SRH suffer the same fate? Let's see.

SRH is having such a good NRR. So in case they are able to beat MI somehow, then it is certain that they will qualify for the playoffs. The winner of RCB and DC will get another slot. KKR's chances are not looking that bright now. Anyway, just two matches remaining, and we still don't know which are the teams (apart from MI), who are going to qualify for the playoffs.
DC and RCB was getting into the playoff easily but now, one of them will be missing I guess.
Both teams can still qualify if SRH lose against MI and the odds are stacked against SRH since they don't have a great track record against Mumbai, but you never know. RCB, MI and KKR are currently cheering for MI to win against SRH.

Even if they finish behind RCB and DC, they will qualify in case SRH gets defeated by the MI.
KKR won by such a huge margin, but their run rate still remains in negative (-0.214). Now we have the RCB vs DC clash tomorrow. Their net run rates are -0.145 and -0.159 respectively. If it is a close match, even the losing team will be having a better run rate when compared to the KKR. But if one team beats the other one by a large margin, then it will be advantageous for KKR.

Even if they finish behind RCB and DC, they will qualify in case SRH gets defeated by the MI.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
One thing you need to remember about the IPL is to expect the unexpected. I bet on CSK and KKR today and won both because I expected them to perform well though I didn't expect them to thrash the opposite sides.
True indeed. Although I had picked CSK on the pool but didn't dare to place any bet on them but placed bet for RR to win; sad end. All the last week matches were sad end most of the times. DC and RCB was getting into the playoff easily but now, one of them will be missing I guess.
If they could get three quick wickets, then KKR will be having an advantage in the net run rate. They may not be able to overtake SRH, but it may help them to close the gap with DC and RCB. We have the match between DC and RCB tomorrow, and therefore the run rate of at least one of these two teams will go down from the current level.
Gopal made sure that KKR didn't secure the NRR bonus point. Looks like SRH will gain the advantage in terms of NRR when compared to the other teams if they somehow manage to defeat the mighty MI.

Both the match tonight are quite unexpected. I didn't think that KKR would win against RR as RR have a good batting line up for chasing.
One thing you need to remember about the IPL is to expect the unexpected. I bet on CSK and KKR today and won both because I expected them to perform well though I didn't expect them to thrash the opposite sides.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
Anything over 75+ something runs could put KKR ahead of DC and RCB. That would be a crazy comeback from the bottom of the table.
There's a clear picture; if KKR win with such margin and SRH manages to win against MI, loser of DC vs RCB won't be able to qualify for the playoff. They both were well ahead of others but now, it has turned that any of them might not play the next round.
Both the match tonight are quite unexpected. I didn't think that KKR would win against RR as RR have a good batting line up for chasing.
Punjab is out as I expected since CSK rebounded towards the end thanks to the optimal mix of young and experienced players. Was surprised to get the margin point though since O thought CSK thrashed Punjab.

KKR are performing brilliantly against RR. They are thrashing RR at the moment though I am curious to see the margin by which they win this one. Anything over 75+ something runs could put KKR ahead of DC and RCB. That would be a crazy comeback from the bottom of the table.

Right now RR need 86 runs from 31 balls, so having a victory margin of 75 plus is going to be very difficult. But RR has lost 7 wickets and Shreyas Gopal and Jofra Archer are out there now. If they could get three quick wickets, then KKR will be having an advantage in the net run rate. They may not be able to overtake SRH, but it may help them to close the gap with DC and RCB. We have the match between DC and RCB tomorrow, and therefore the run rate of at least one of these two teams will go down from the current level.
Punjab is out as I expected since CSK rebounded towards the end thanks to the optimal mix of young and experienced players. Was surprised to get the margin point though since O thought CSK thrashed Punjab.

KKR are performing brilliantly against RR. They are thrashing RR at the moment though I am curious to see the margin by which they win this one. Anything over 75+ something runs could put KKR ahead of DC and RCB. That would be a crazy comeback from the bottom of the table.
legendary
^^ will check after the results lol, no one knows if remaining matches going to end with up thrashing or narrow win so bit tough to choose 4th team.

Meanwhile KKR did okay with the bat today. But damn Royals batting line-up looking tough.

----
Edit
Can't watch game as my money on KKR for winning the tournament lol... Fuck me it's literally quarter final haha
Pages:
Jump to: