Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 36. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
KKR is on the way to no playoff. CSK confirmed that before and also confirmed for KKR almost. I wonder such a bad over from Ferguson at the death, specially the last 3 balls. The match was at KKR'd hand after Rituraj gone.
KKR is still not out. They still can qualify if they win the next match and if the other teams lose. CSK had the advantage of not worrying about the pressure factor when compared to KKR. Was surprised to see Ferguson bowl so badly in this match.

A massive round for Rajavu. He was able to collect 10 points and from last 5 matches he managed to get 9 points. Clearly ahead of everyone else in the leaderboard with 39 points. deadley in the 2nd place with 34 points which means 5 points difference between first and 2nd place so far.
Who is Rajavu? This guy is well ahead of everyone else. He was the only one to predict CSK winning narrowly while I expected them to win comfortably. We are in the endgame now people.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
A massive round for Rajavu. He was able to collect 10 points and from last 5 matches he managed to get 9 points. Clearly ahead of everyone else in the leaderboard with 39 points. deadley in the 2nd place with 34 points which means 5 points difference between first and 2nd place so far.

Rajavu just needs to keep up with next few matches and if he can do then possibly he will have the first place. I hope I am not too early to predict all these about Rajavu :-P
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
KKR is on the way to no playoff. CSK confirmed that before and also confirmed for KKR almost. I wonder such a bad over from Ferguson at the death, specially the last 3 balls. The match was at KKR'd hand after Rituraj gone.
Again, getting behind in the pool. I have to come back in the 4th round.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Edit: looks as if my curse worked too Rana departs dismissed by Rabada Grin
Lol, we three are curse to KKR  Cheesy
The total is 172 and hopefully KKR will manage to win the match as they need to win to qualify. It's pretty good score considering KKR bowling is quite balanced now aalthough in the last match, they can't use them properly.
True that! You can say a bowling attack is good when they have to keep Kuldeep Yadav out of the team for this bowling attack.
Edit

Lol Gill gone

Now 53/1
Will Narine have a 50 tonight  Wink

Damn he is gone.
I have heard of commentators curse in the past but is this thing poster's curse?

~Edited out~

Edit: looks as if my curse worked too Rana departs dismissed by Ngidi Grin
Sometimes it happens lol

Anyway i feel that Riders are 15-20 runs short here. CSK has nothing to lose as they are already out so they should enjoy this chase and give their best and doing so, they should collapse hahaha  Grin Grin

Not saying anything else. Tongue
I think Dhoni today tried to become a hero by promoting himself up the order on number 4 but this Varun Chakraborty he is turning out to be a star for Indian cricket now. His bowling is not much about turn but correct line, length and pace. I watched his interview he said he started his career as a pace bowler maybe that's why he bowls deliveries above 100kph in between. Moreover his turn would be much higher when he plays in the subcontinent. He has become the top spinner for KKR keeping behind Kuldeep Yadav. I think that short lived trend of unorthodox/Chinaman spinners is slowing going out of trend as batsmen are learning how to read googlies from hand
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
I bet on CSK to win this one knowing that it's a long shot considering CSK's inconsistent performance this season. KKR have also been inconsistent, but way lower in computer to CSK. Most of the KKR batsmen have been pretty disappointing this season.
Even i picked CSK to win the match, i was taking into account the pressure KKR players will be feeling and they fell short in the last two overs and KKR can still produce some wonders, Dhoni is in the crease and they are bowling with the spinners as he struggles against them in the start of an innings.

Edit: There you go, Dhoni is gone and the game plan worked  Cheesy. Will they melt from a strong position, they still have Sam Curran and Ravindra Jadeja and Gaikwad needs to bat till the end.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
Till now the score is CSK 52/1 (Cool. Just now Watson has gone to the pavilion. I will say it's a good start for CSK. If they can keep their wicket strong hand they could reach around the destination. But chasing will be very tough for them. It was an unexpected performance by CSK in this IPL-2020.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Edit

Lol Gill gone

Now 53/1
Will Narine have a 50 tonight  Wink

Damn he is gone.
I have heard of commentators curse in the past but is this thing poster's curse?

~Edited out~

Sometimes it happens lol

Anyway i feel that Riders are 15-20 runs short here. CSK has nothing to lose as they are already out so they should enjoy this chase and give their best and doing so, they should collapse hahaha  Grin Grin

Not saying anything else. Tongue
Edit: looks as if my curse worked too Rana departs dismissed by Rabada Grin
Lol, we three are curse to KKR  Cheesy
The total is 172 and hopefully KKR will manage to win the match as they need to win to qualify. It's pretty good score considering KKR bowling is quite balanced now aalthough in the last match, they can't use them properly.
KKR 52/0 after 7 overs

First 50+runs partnership for the riders in 2020.

Sign they were waiting for? In last game SRH went to score mammoth total of 200+  on very same pitch when batting first. Can Riders repeat the same after this start? I hope they do  Undecided

------
Edit

Lol Gill gone

Now 53/1
KKR 52/0 after 7 overs

Sign they were waiting for? In last game SRH went to score mammoth total of 200+  on very same pitch when batting first. Can Riders repeat the same after this start? I hope they do  Undecided
Hopefully they will, it was great start for KKR this season. I picked KKR to have thrashing win expecting that they will have 200+ score too and CSK will barely have the chance to chase that.
Gill was looking much confident tonight but bad luck. Will Narine have a 50 tonight  Wink

Damn he is gone.
I have heard of commentators curse in the past but is this thing poster's curse? Lol you both posted about a batsmen and moments later the batsmen got out Grin even I chose KKR thrashing victory today I think they will want to qualify so would play their best game to be in the race to qualify with 16 points. But I like one thing of KKR these days there one batsmen or the other plays a good innings at the end in most of the cases like Rana played today. Still if from here they can manage to take the innings till 170 CSK haven't chased a lot of totals this year so game is still pretty much on.

KKR 52/0 after 7 overs

Hopefully they will, it was great start for KKR this season. I picked KKR to have thrashing win expecting that they will have 200+ score too and CSK will barely have the chance to chase that.
Gill was looking much confident tonight but bad luck. Will Narine have a 50 tonight  Wink

Damn he is gone.
KKR 52/0 after 7 overs

I bet on CSK to win this one knowing that it's a long shot considering CSK's inconsistent performance this season. KKR have also been inconsistent, but way lower in comparison to CSK. Most of the KKR batsmen have been pretty disappointing this season.

If CSK can restrict them to something close to 160 or lower, they could win this one comfortably since they are giving their younger players more chances.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
KKR 52/0 after 7 overs

------
Edit

Lol Gill gone

Now 53/1
Their bowlers look clueless and concedes totals of 200 or 220 in grounds that actually support pace bowling.
Actually the pitch condition has been changed a lot. We all know what Sharjah meant to be, highest average sixes was in Sharjah but in the last couple of matches, it has totally been a bowling peace.
I still can't find the reason behind the failure of DC, everything is as it was but still they are playing like a poor team.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Even if 5 teams get 16 points each, there will be no problem for MI to qualify. They already have the highest NRR with 1.186 while the second highest is 0.396 for SRH. So, MI will easily qualify in that case and they will be in top 2 certainly.
I'm having doubt on DC to qualify. That will be very sad if they can't.

After looking at Delhi Capitals' performance during the last 3-4 matches, my opinion is that they don't deserve a slot in the playoffs. The issue is not that they are losing their matches. The bigger issue here is the way in which they are losing. Their bowlers look clueless and concedes totals of 200 or 220 in grounds that actually support pace bowling. And while batting, they are showing hardly any confidence. DC has been such a big disappointment. Initially I supported them, because they had the best Indian emerging players in the IPL. But now it has become impossible to support them.
I think the players are giving BCCI selectors a pretty tough time. That day Saha and not Surya Kumar Yadav. Maybe if this innings of his would have come a couple of matches earlier he might have been in the Indian team. I think selection for these players today in the Indian team has become more like a lucky thing. Moreover you have to perform in every match you get at that international level. You might get to play couple of matches and then never get to play a match for India. Fight for those 11 spots is too tough. Especially for the first 7 spots and the spot of the spinner.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Even if 5 teams get 16 points each, there will be no problem for MI to qualify. They already have the highest NRR with 1.186 while the second highest is 0.396 for SRH. So, MI will easily qualify in that case and they will be in top 2 certainly.
I'm having doubt on DC to qualify. That will be very sad if they can't.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
~
Nothing is working for me. Picked DC for today's match and see the condition in which they are in. DC was the franchise which most of us regarded as having the best bowling attack in this tournament. Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje and Ravichandran Ashwin were fabulous during the initial phases. I don't know what happened to them all of a sudden. Rabada went for 54 from his 4 overs today.
I was having the same issue at the start of the tournament and i picked CSK to win the tournament and i expected them to reach atleast the playoffs. The matches started getting more predictable as the pitches started to wear and tear and then when they use new turf then it is hard to predict and the pitch plays a major role. When it comes to DC the failure to score above par and in the matches they lost the middle order was a complete failure.

I was merely pointing out that RR and CSK could play role of party pooper if they manage to win their last 2 games against KXI and KKR.

RR   = 2 Match ( KXI +KKR)
CSK = 2 Match ( KXI +KKR)
I am expecting some party crushers in the next few matches from these teams to finish stronger even when they are leaving the tournament  Cheesy.
Got it. Looks like I misunderstood. CSK could have a big impact as you said on other teams even though they are out.

Now the interesting thing to note here is that CSK won the match, when they gave maximum chances to the youngsters. And they lost match after match, when they stuck to their regular playing XI.
Great point. Sticking to the old guns paid off in the past, but not anymore. Faf was the only consistent performer among them while the youngsters were far better in comparison.

I think RR is out of the tournament as they have the lowest NRR so even if they end up at 14 points with any team the other teams would qualify.
I don't think RR is out yet. They have a bad NRR, but they could still qualify on the basis of points of the other teams fail in their remaining matches though the odds are stacked against them.
For "14 points and 4th position" scenario RR and CSK need to win their remaining last 2 games against KXI and KKR. in this case Punjab might get the 4th spot due to better NRR.
Wrong. CSK is out already since they are at 8 points and 2 wins would take them to 12 points. I think you were talking about RR and SRH since both of them could reach 14 points though NRR favours SRH greatly here.
Bhai we are not talking about any possibility of CSK qualification. I was merely pointing out that RR and CSK could play role of party pooper if they manage to win their last 2 games against KXI and KKR.

Cheesy Cheesy SRH is the team with best NRR and after their last night win their win i doubt that even KXIP would be able to beat them with NRR so KXIP should ensure that they don't lose out any match from their remaining ones. I think RR is out of the tournament as they have the lowest NRR so even if they end up at 14 points with any team the other teams would qualify. But today's match will be a great decider. The winner would have a great chance to avoid all this qualification nuisance and get 99% chance of a straightforward ticket to playoffs.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
CSK are already out. I don't understand why some people still think that they can qualify. Both SRH and RR need teams like Punjab and KKR to lose their remaining matches in order to qualify which is why their chances are relatively slim.

Even if they win all of their remaining matches, they can't qualify. That's why MS Dhoni said during the last match that the next one or two matches will be used to give opportunity to the younger players. Ruturaj Gaikwad, Monu Kumar and Narayan Jagadeesan got a slot in the playing XI and one of them was awarded the player of the match award. Now the interesting thing to note here is that CSK won the match, when they gave maximum chances to the youngsters. And they lost match after match, when they stuck to their regular playing XI.
Pages:
Jump to: