Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 35. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Yesterday we had 2 one-sided game, bit disappointing in terms of fun but good news is we still don't have single clue about which team going to qualify for playoffs (minus Mumbai). 4 games left in league group and its must win game for almost everyone including lots of "if" and "but"... Fans not expecting Dead_Rubber at this stage.

At least now, it is easier to make assumptions since all the teams have one match remaining. That means that four teams with 12 points (SRH, KXIP, RR and KKR) need to win their last game, if they want to have any chance of qualification. For the two teams with 14 points each (DC and RCB), a win would put them in a strong position. If they lose, then it comes down to the NRR.

Check the NRR. It is going to decide the last two spots.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Yesterday we had 2 one-sided game, bit disappointing in terms of fun but good news is we still don't have single clue about which team going to qualify for playoffs (minus Mumbai). 4 games left in league group and its must win game for almost everyone including lots of "if" and "but"... Fans not expecting Dead_Rubber at this stage.
That is what i thought yesterday that we wont be seeing a dead rubber at this stage but after watching the first match i knew that we will see single handed domination even at this stage and both the matches yesterday were won by the team chasing.

Even today's match Kings XI Punjab is not in a dominating position but they played better because at one stage i even doubted they would even score above 138 runs and the full credit goes to Deepak Hooda.
After 3 super overs_ Super Sunday, expectations were bit high but it happens in the cricket.

I thought the same when KXI were struggling at 72/4, luckily Hooda came to rescue, now KXI has respectable total and they might win this game if Shami & Co clicks. Although for last week or so, team batting second has edge due to Dew.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
That is what i thought yesterday that we wont be seeing a dead rubber at this stage but after watching the first match i knew that we will see single handed domination even at this stage and both the matches yesterday were won by the team chasing.

Even today's match Kings XI Punjab is not in a dominating position but they played better because at one stage i even doubted they would even score above 138 runs and the full credit goes to Deepak Hooda.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I felt bad as well but you missed him throwing bat (Or slipped Tongue, fined by match referee) in disgust before shaking hands with Archer? Nonetheless he's legend and for now looks like old wine in new bottle.  
Actually, the bat slipped from his hand and the commentators mentioned this. Check it carefully. I never suspected for a second that it was his intention since he is highly regarded for his sportsmanship.

Today i expected Delhi to play much better as they need to win considering their position is at stake and now SRH played as expected but two matches both teams getting trashed. Things are getting interesting and the dew factor is a major issue now.
This doesn't just apply to DC. All teams are playing decider games currently. I expected DC to underperform against the mighty MI and expected a cornered SRH to bounce back against RCB.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
2 more points. Hey Rajavu, sometimes share some tips man. You are doing mind-blowing prediction.
Those were mere lucky prediction, what i take into consideration is the bowling strength of both the teams and the weakness of the middle order players. Today i expected Delhi to play much better as they need to win considering their position is at stake and now SRH played as expected but two matches both teams getting trashed. Things are getting interesting and the dew factor is a major issue now.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Two low scoring match, bad luck for me I picked DC and RCB to win and none of them are winning. Have you noticed SRH has the 2nd highest NRR? If they win tonight which they will, they will be in the 4th place. What a comeback by SRH. Now they have chance too to get into the next round.
legendary
Punjab lost the game but this is appreciation post dedicated to Universe Boss _Chris Gayle. What a Beautiful servant and Global ambassador of T-20 Cricket. Just look at the record, his 10K + runs came with 4s and 6s. Yeah why run 1s and 2s when you can clear the boundary with ease.  Grin
He is easily one of the most entertaining cricketers of all time which is why his milestones are legendary. I was gutted to see him get out on 99 though I loved his sportsmanship when he shook hands with Archer. He is truly the Spartacus of the Cricketing world.
I felt bad as well but you missed him throwing bat (Or slipped Tongue, fined by match referee) in disgust before shaking hands with Archer? Nonetheless he's legend and for now looks like old wine in new bottle. 
Punjab lost the game but this is appreciation post dedicated to Universe Boss _Chris Gayle. What a Beautiful servant and Global ambassador of T-20 Cricket. Just look at the record, his 10K + runs came with 4s and 6s. Yeah why run 1s and 2s when you can clear the boundary with ease.  Grin
He is easily one of the most entertaining cricketers of all time which is why his milestones are legendary. I was gutted to see him get out on 99 though I loved his sportsmanship when he shook hands with Archer. He is truly the Spartacus of the Cricketing world.

They still have a fairly good chance, but they need to win the final group stage match and they need to make sure that their net run rate gets to positive (right now they are at -0.133). In the end, the 4th qualifying spot will be decided on the basis of run rate.
It's way too tough for them now since other teams are in better positions with some like SRH having way higher NRR. They need a miracle at this point.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Just look at the record, his 10K + runs came with 4s and 6s.
He is the highest total six hitters with 1000+ sixes and Pollard is on the 2nd position with total of 690 I think. Both are having too difference, forget about others.
Gayle already is in the contest of this season total sixes by playing 6/7 matches less than the leading board.

KXIP should have included Gayle in the playing XI from the start. Had they done that, then they could have qualified for the playoffs by now. They still have a fairly good chance, but they need to win the final group stage match and they need to make sure that their net run rate gets to positive (right now they are at -0.133). In the end, the 4th qualifying spot will be decided on the basis of run rate.
legendary
Just look at the record, his 10K + runs came with 4s and 6s.
He is the highest total six hitters with 1000+ sixes and Pollard is on the 2nd position with total of 690 I think. Both are having too difference, forget about others.
Gayle already is in the contest of this season total sixes by playing 6/7 matches less than the leading board.
legendary

https://twitter.com/mroller98/status/1322203481780965376

Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
SRH to win though both matches could probably go down to the wire.
That's a tough selection you made I guess. RCB will certainly look for win and strengthen their place; they will look for positioning 1/2 of course. SRH on the other hand, have had one good match last time but I doubt they would be consistent. They will most likely will have another disaster once again.
RR continues to rock. They make big targets look simple, but struggle chasing small targets sometimes. I expected Punjab to lose this one and end their unbeaten run, but I didn't expect them to lose easily.

With Stokes and Gayle returning, both teams got great boosts. Rajavu got it right again. Epic stuff! 2 huge deciders tomorrow. Bet on MI and SRH to win though both matches could probably go down to the wire.
legendary
One more time losing points. I had picked KXIP to win as they had some good matches last week and thought they could keep up and qualify for the playoff, they still have chance. They are at 4th place now.

Congrats to @SaShiRaJaVu and if everything goes right for him then congratulating in advance for winning the pool as well  Tongue.
2 more points. Hey Rajavu, sometimes share some tips man. You are doing mind-blowing prediction.
Congrats to @SaShiRaJaVu and if everything goes right for him then congratulating in advance for winning the pool as well  Tongue. Finally CSK turn out to be a party pooper for KKR, now time for Rajasthan to play the same role. It would be perfect script if everything comes down to NRR.
Thanks mate, not sure the matches are really going to be unpredictable from now on and everyone will have a chance.

Its safe to say that KKR and SRH are rooting for RR today.
I was expecting Rajasthan to take all their catches and i picked them to win but they dropped Gayle and now he is punishing them for that costly drop, the only advantage for RR is that Punjab does not have a tear away bowlers except Shami and RR have a long batting line up with established players.
legendary
Congrats to @SaShiRaJaVu and if everything goes right for him then congratulating in advance for winning the pool as well  Tongue. Finally CSK turn out to be a party pooper for KKR, now time for Rajasthan to play the same role. It would be perfect script if everything comes down to NRR.

Its safe to say that KKR and SRH are rooting for RR today.
A massive round for Rajavu. He was able to collect 10 points and from last 5 matches he managed to get 9 points. Clearly ahead of everyone else in the leaderboard with 39 points. deadley in the 2nd place with 34 points which means 5 points difference between first and 2nd place so far.

Rajavu just needs to keep up with next few matches and if he can do then possibly he will have the first place. I hope I am not too early to predict all these about Rajavu :-P
Hopefully i can maintain this  Cheesy. In this round when the first two matches were a bummer for me i was not thinking about winning the rounds but luck was on my side Wink. The next few matches are really hard for anyone to predict and it might give me a chance as well to maintain the alteast the first three position.

Who is Rajavu? This guy is well ahead of everyone else. He was the only one to predict CSK winning narrowly while I expected them to win comfortably. We are in the endgame now people.
I went for CSK because i knew they want to prove something and hence i picked them earlier in the round against MI but i lost and now against KKR if they win they will drag till the last moment and hence i picked the narrow win Wink.

his username has the same nick at the end.
cheers  Wink.

Good luck everyone and good play everyone. Everyone who won the first few rounds was the motivation for me and luck was also in my part.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Who is Rajavu? This guy is well ahead of everyone else. He was the only one to predict CSK winning narrowly while I expected them to win comfortably. We are in the endgame now people.

Pool participants
Royse777 - roysesuper
JSRAW - Timon
akhjob - akhjob
webtricks - webtricks
Indymoney - Mz2004
amishmanish - hector
RapTarX - RapTarX
vd309 - MoSala
Pffrt - pffrt
Little Mouse - Little Mouse
Mashfiqun - Mashfiqun
deadley - deadley
Sahyadri - Igniter
Vishnu.Reang - vishnu
SaShiRaJaVu - Rajavu
eaLiTy - eaLiTy
glowing10 - glowing10
Haunebu - kpk333
Fatemablabla - Fatemablabla
Stedsm - Stedsm
teosanru - teosanru

You guys do not visit OP, do you? :-D

Edit: OP updated with round winner: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcointalk-ipl-prediction-pool-discussion-5114470
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
Brilliant knock by Jadeja as always. At some point, CSK was our of the match but Jadeja did the job at the end. CSK despite losing matches at the beginning, now have beat KKR and DC (?) in their last match. Good come back but at wrong time.
Rajavu has had an outstanding round; he deserves an oscar.

Who is Rajavu?
I guess this- https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/sashirajavu-892344, as his username has the same nick at the end.
Pages:
Jump to: