Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 55. (Read 17703 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
This is the weird part. Maxwell was in great form before IPL, but his form went down the drain as soon as he played in recent IPL matches. I wonder how much longer KXIP will continue retaining him.
D
He played very good in the last ODI series against England. I can't remember whether he was batting as he bat now or with previous style. His batring style is quite weird now, he gets less chance to hit ball with current style. I think in next match weay see Gayle instead kf him, may be? KXIP needs some changes, with current team they aren't going to get a good performance.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Fixing pays off, Congrats Vishnu. You are really doing a pretty good job. It's not that easy to have predicted such good and being winner in 2 rounds at a row mean, you are doing very good indeed.

Second round was pretty tough.. After I lost two consecutive matches (RCB vs MI, and DC vs SRH), I thought that I am out of contention for the second round. Fortunately I got 2 from the remaining two matches.

And a thrashing win from MI, that's way more unpredictable. I thought they will have easy win. KL Rahul could have played with more responsibility, the match would turn into new direction. Again, Maxwell had a shit performance. Have you noticed his shit batting style? If bowlers delivers in the block, he can never hit the ball from his batting style.

From what I have seen so far in this IPL, we had some great performances from the youngsters. But in most cases they were unable to take their team to victory (example is Ishan Kishan's innings against the RCB, where he got out at the most crucial moment). Now KL Rahul is not an inexperienced player. But he showed a lot of immaturity in the last match against MI. It was known to everyone that Cottrell is not very useful in the end overs. So he did the right thing by bowling him out in the first half. But he should have kept Mohammed Shami to the end. But Shami bowled out half of his overs in the beginning. Since they didn't had any other pace bowlers in the playing XI (apart from Neesham), the spinners had to bowl a majority of the overs from 15-20. And Pollard/Pandya just butchered them.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
Congrats Vishnu for being leading second in a row. Never thought I would also be sharing the same points with you just missed else would have made it to the top Wink

Its matter of 1 game, I feel where somebody picks two points and suddenly, they will be up in their ranks very quickly. Two rounds are done and 6 more to go.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
CSK vs SRH up next. Battle of the bottom teams currently. With Bravo and Rayudu returning, CSK will be much stronger this time around in my opinion though SRH is back in form after their recent win.
We are still in early stage of tournament and 10-11 games left for each team so every team lagging at table has fair amount of chance to change their fortune in coming days.

Maxy in Punjab and De Cock in MI are having bad session so far. Not sure about De cock/MI but Punjab might find difficult to replace Maxwell in the middle order as their next hitter Chris gayle  is opener and sitting at dugout.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
CSK vs SRH up next. Battle of the bottom teams currently. With Bravo and Rayudu returning, CSK will be much stronger this time around in my opinion though SRH is back in form after their recent win.

Again, Maxwell had a shit performance. Have you noticed his shit batting style? If bowlers delivers in the block, he can never hit the ball from his batting style.
This is the weird part. Maxwell was in great form before IPL, but his form went down the drain as soon as he played in recent IPL matches. I wonder how much longer KXIP will continue retaining him.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Fixing pays off, Congrats Vishnu. You are really doing a pretty good job. It's not that easy to have predicted such good and being winner in 2 rounds at a row mean, you are doing very good indeed.
And a thrashing win from MI, that's way more unpredictable. I thought they will have easy win. KL Rahul could have played with more responsibility, the match would turn into new direction. Again, Maxwell had a shit performance. Have you noticed his shit batting style? If bowlers delivers in the block, he can never hit the ball from his batting style.
Activity: 896
Merit: 236
vishnu again won the round. This is his consecutive 2nd win and it's 100% win rate! However, this time he was challanged.

glowing10 and eaLiTy had same number of points but vishnu is ahead because of his number of wins in this round. He has 5 wins so that makes him the round topper dispate having the same number of points with the other two.

Congratulations! A deserved win!
Congrats vishnu, yesterday i messed up as in my mind i picked Kolkata Knight Riders to win the match but somehow clicked RR  Cheesy. Today i tried to pick up with the margin points and i expected MI to win easily but it was a trashing win Cheesy. I hope i can be competitive in the next round.

By the way who is glowing10, good play mate and good luck everyone for the rest of the rounds.
Few members was saying Vishnu is fixing matches so after watching today table now I am also sure he is doing this all with the help of Dubai based mafia as he won both rounds and leading all the way for good end of this IPL I have no idea about myself where I am and how is going but hopefully will try to do some good in next rounds.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
vishnu again won the round. This is his consecutive 2nd win and it's 100% win rate! However, this time he was challanged.

glowing10 and eaLiTy had same number of points but vishnu is ahead because of his number of wins in this round. He has 5 wins so that makes him the round topper dispate having the same number of points with the other two.

Congrats vishnu, yesterday i messed up as in my mind i picked Kolkata Knight Riders to win the match but somehow clicked RR  Cheesy. Today i tried to pick up with the margin points and i expected MI to win easily but it was a trashing win Cheesy. I hope i can be competitive in the next round.

By the way who is glowing10, good play mate and good luck everyone for the rest of the rounds.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
KXIP messed this one up royally thanks to poor death bowling as usual. KL Rahul was so pissed with his bowlers towards the end. His expressions said it all. Punjab is slowly losing momentum while MI is slowly gaining momentum.

With Bumrah back in form, MI are once again proving to be strong contenders for the title this year.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

In case of any confusion, here you can see how it works :

Consider a case like this:

Both has same points. And if we have similar scenario then we will decide by:
1st - Number of wins

If number of wins are same then we will decide by:
2nd - Margin (higher margin)

If the same margin then we will decide by:
3rd - Slam (higher slam)

If all the above are same then prize for that round will be shared equally to the round toppers.

So even superbru has two yellow caps but we have one winner for this round.

Edit:
Round table has been updated. Please check OP: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcointalk-ipl-prediction-pool-discussion-5114470
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Btw, with 3 wins and 4 points, I also in for this round Grin Maybe they'll both lose this round
-skip-
With 4 points, if you are in the race then what's wrong with me ? :-D
But I guess we are not in the race since two guys have 4 points, but they have 4 wins where we have only 3 wins.
Hehe.. I just made comment based on your post, I didn't check Superbru then.. Now that I have checked, I agree that we don't have a chance at winning the Round even if we get the margin correctly. Maybe in the next round.

Poor captaincy from KL Rahul I think.

Definitely.. Cottrell is premium bowler of KXIP so you have to give him the death overs to bowl that's his responsibility. You cant expect Gowtham to bowl the death overs to the likes of Pollard and Pandya. And Neesham is a medium pacer, he should have been made to bowl the middle overs  Lips sealed
I don't know why Gowtham exists in this team he doesn't makes any sense. He is neither a great batsman and nor a great bowler it's better to have a complete bowler like M. Ashwin in your side instead of Gowtham. KXIP needs to make a few changes in their side. Their combination isn't really working. They have good batsman and bowler but seriously it's difficult to reckon what's their problem. May be death overs is one big issue. You expect Maxwell and Neesham to give you some fireworks in death overs but Maxwell is like in his worst form ever. Similarly in bowling too they don't have any trusted bowler. You can't win a tournament without winning those crucial death overs.
Poor captaincy from KL Rahul I think. He could have used the spinner at early stage of the match  it's a known fact that Pollard will hit big in spinned and he is weak against seam. In 15/16 or around, spinners could be easily used ajd thus could save a few runs. Anyway, MI might win this match and I'm going to get points tonight too.

KXIP needs 76 from 3.5 overs to win. What made the real difference was the fireworks by Kieron Pollard and Hardik Pandya in the end. Without those, it could have been a cakewalk for the KXIP, especially with Mayank Agarwal and KL Rahul in such great form. I agree with the captaincy part. It was very poor captaincy from the part of KL Rahul to bowl out Cottrell and Shami.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
Btw, with 3 wins and 4 points, I also in for this round Grin Maybe they'll both lose this round
-skip-
With 4 points, if you are in the race then what's wrong with me ? :-D
But I guess we are not in the race since two guys have 4 points, but they have 4 wins where we have only 3 wins.
Hehe.. I just made comment based on your post, I didn't check Superbru then.. Now that I have checked, I agree that we don't have a chance at winning the Round even if we get the margin correctly. Maybe in the next round.

Poor captaincy from KL Rahul I think.

Definitely.. Cottrell is premium bowler of KXIP so you have to give him the death overs to bowl that's his responsibility. You cant expect Gowtham to bowl the death overs to the likes of Pollard and Pandya. And Neesham is a medium pacer, he should have been made to bowl the middle overs  Lips sealed
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Poor captaincy from KL Rahul I think. He could have used the spinner at early stage of the match  it's a known fact that Pollard will hit big in spinned and he is weak against seam. In 15/16 or around, spinners could be easily used ajd thus could save a few runs. Anyway, MI might win this match and I'm going to get points tonight too.
legendary
Big ground, good bowling so no firework so far. MI playing dot after dot, not converting single to doubles now it seems Rohit is having quite a few vada pav in his free time nowadays and must be hiding at least dozen under his belly.

And Ishan is gone...

----
Edit : Rohit changing gears

Edit : And he's gone... Damn fielders nowadays.

Edit : Last 6 overs and 104 bloody runs haha
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
What do you think guys? Will batting first win or batting second? I think in this pitch, batting second will have better priority and any score around 220 can be chased even.
Average score is 165ish but initial pitch report saying that its flat wicket so may be we could see high scoring game, i opted for MI but keeping eye on toss as well, team batting first might have slight advantage.

Punjab batting is looking solid but they already showed us that they are very much capable of throwing away winning game at any point.

---
Oh boy punjab won the toss and bowling first... now i am confused hahaha
Actually this makes more sense for punjab. Teams should resort for playing their strength in the second innings. Punjab don't have death bowlers so it makes it difficult for them to defend any target. It's better they bat second because they can literally achieve any target with their batting line up. I am now more confident about Punjab if they are batting second and also not to forget that dew also makes bowling difficult in second innings. So it's a good decision by Punjab.
legendary
What do you think guys? Will batting first win or batting second? I think in this pitch, batting second will have better priority and any score around 220 can be chased even.
Average score is 165ish but initial pitch report saying that its flat wicket so may be we could see high scoring game, i opted for MI but keeping eye on toss as well, team batting first might have slight advantage.

Punjab batting is looking solid but they already showed us that they are very much capable of throwing away winning game at any point.

---
Oh boy punjab won the toss and bowling first... now i am confused hahaha
legendary
but there is a far greater risk of unable to lock your side if you delay the decision for too long.
Is locking the pick necessary? I think no as locking pick is needed only when you want to see what others have picked. Well, usually I wait for the toss and then pick because it gives me extra benefit of having a pick.
Something wrong with the superbru engine.
Yeah it sucks. I usually pick at the last moment. Yesterday, when I tried to pick, I was even not able to go the matches. I don't know if it's problem from my side which is unlikely as I was able to browse all the other websites. For a moment, I thought it will give me default pick, lucky me that I was able to pick at the last minute and got two points.

During off-match hours, it works fine. I guess when the match starts, a lot of people try to login and as a result the server crashes. It is always better to lock your picks at least 24 hours before the match. I agree that last minute inclusions and exclusions can happen, but there is a far greater risk of unable to lock your side if you delay the decision for too long.
legendary
Something wrong with the superbru engine.
Yeah it sucks. I usually pick at the last moment. Yesterday, when I tried to pick, I was even not able to go the matches. I don't know if it's problem from my side which is unlikely as I was able to browse all the other websites. For a moment, I thought it will give me default pick, lucky me that I was able to pick at the last minute and got two points.
Pages:
Jump to: