Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 61. (Read 17703 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 180
I'm Matured Now
Oh yes, at last won my 1st prediction in this IPL. After 6 straight wrong selection. (yesterday I selected KKR, but forgot to lock it and the app gave me MI by default. So, I won the point) . So, this is my first win in this IPL.

Congratulations @vishnu for winning the Round 1 First place.
Hope I will give a good fight in round 2.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Kohli handed Rahul a century towards the end. If Rahul departed early, the target would probably be something around 180 instead of 207. I have lost all hope in my bet on RCB after their abysmal start.

Punjab are top contenders for the title this year thanks to their excellent batting and bowling departments. They would have easily won the match against DC too, but they botched it because of their stupidity and bad luck.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Btw, I observed that you bet late on Superbru. Is this some sort of strategy?
Its effective strategy for "How to lose points" haha Grin

But on serious note, i wait for toss majority of time. Its clearly not working out tho..

~snip~
#KKRNaiHaiTaiyaar is what I have for KKR today. Lol they need to improve a hell lot on their death bowling. I think in UAE with lots of dew and smaller grounds death bowling become even more important. We have already seen in the matches so far that death overs have been high scorers. Even Bumrah went for 4 sixes. KKR need to work upon their bowling their batting can't really be blamed as they were chasing a big total against a pretty nice bowling line up. Mark my words team who would decode the secret of giving less runs in death is going to take the IPL this time.
Actually KKR did okay with their death overs 19th and 20th over were good that's why MI didn't able to cross 200 runs mark. KKR's batting looked rusty that i didn't expected as Morgan, Narine and Russell came in IPL after playing competitive cricket T-20/ODI and CPL respectively.

Always fun to watch when premium bowler gets hit by another fast bowler and that's what happened when Cummins hits those big sixes against Bumrah. If we leave his last over then he was very good, before that he gave just 5 runs in 3 overs. 

See once again this innings proved my point. In the 19th and 20th over they went for more than 50 runs. Which will turn out to be a turning point of this match. but yes those 2 drops by Virat Kohli was the thing that amazed me the most. Those weren't so difficult catches compared to the reputation Virat Kohli carries with his fielding. Those two catches have cost RCB 60 extra runs and in second innings making these runs is going to be pretty difficult once again.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Its his first game so they should give him couple of games more IMO. He's no 1 bowler in Test for a reason, quality players always make good comeback. Same thing happened with the Bumrah, he was rusty in first game but came back strongly in last night.

Best of luck for today game.  Grin

Cummins is probably under enormous pressure. He knows that the KKR management paid a huge amount for his services, and they expect him to perform. This time it is Cummins, Ishan Kishan and Murugan Ashwin. In the previous editions the same happened with players such as Jaydev Unadkat, Colin Ingram, Varun Chakravarthy and Tymal Mills. Most of the time when a franchise pays huge amount to a certain player, they fail to perform.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Btw, I observed that you bet late on Superbru. Is this some sort of strategy?
Its effective strategy for "How to lose points" haha Grin

But on serious note, i wait for toss majority of time. Its clearly not working out tho..

~snip~
#KKRNaiHaiTaiyaar is what I have for KKR today. Lol they need to improve a hell lot on their death bowling. I think in UAE with lots of dew and smaller grounds death bowling become even more important. We have already seen in the matches so far that death overs have been high scorers. Even Bumrah went for 4 sixes. KKR need to work upon their bowling their batting can't really be blamed as they were chasing a big total against a pretty nice bowling line up. Mark my words team who would decode the secret of giving less runs in death is going to take the IPL this time.
Actually KKR did okay with their death overs 19th and 20th over were good that's why MI didn't able to cross 200 runs mark. KKR's batting looked rusty that i didn't expected as Morgan, Narine and Russell came in IPL after playing competitive cricket T-20/ODI and CPL respectively.

Always fun to watch when premium bowler gets hit by another fast bowler and that's what happened when Cummins hits those big sixes against Bumrah. If we leave his last over then he was very good, before that he gave just 5 runs in 3 overs. 

Edit: On a second thought, maybe Lockie Ferguson can replace Cummins.
He's their premium bowler, i guess they spend almost $2 million on him. Today was terrible day for him tho.
Yeah, but still if he is not picking some wickets and leaking runs, then they should think of replacing him. He didn't perform much in the last tour to England either.
Its his first game so they should give him couple of games more IMO. He's no 1 bowler in Test for a reason, quality players always make good comeback. Same thing happened with the Bumrah, he was rusty in first game but came back strongly in last night.

Best of luck for today game.  Grin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
He's their premium bowler, i guess they spend almost $2 million on him. Today was terrible day for him tho.
Yeah, but still if he is not picking some wickets and leaking runs, then they should think of replacing him. He didn't perform much in the last tour to England either.

Just picked RCB to win today's match with KXIP and had a look at the leaderboard. Looks like vishnu will be our first winner of Round 1 Smiley Congrats bud. There is still a slight chance for glowing10 and amishmanish to be the round winner if vishnu picks the wrong team today.  I think I am the only one who didn't earn a single point(except for the default pick points)  Cry Guess I'll get the spoon today, if RCB didn't win.
MI are at least 10 runs shot but 195 runs on scoreboard doesn't look so bad if you have Pattison, Boult and Bumrah as your striking bowler. Kudos to young fella Shivam Mavi, he handled pressure really well. Its not easy task to ball against the likes of Rohit and Pollard.

~snip~
 Have gone with MI easy win.
Easy win looks tough here, KKR does have solid middle order.

Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
2. Only question from MSD that everyone was that why didn't he started magically hitting those sixes in the first 13 balls that he played? He came to bat in 14th or 15th over match wasn't impossible until then and when if he knew he would take some time to settle why didn't he promote him at number 5. It's interesting how quickly people give credit to MSD on any win while make sure that he isn't given a credit for lost match.
MSD usually takes it deep which is his trademark style. The target was already difficult to chase when he came into the picture and he decided to bat lower down the order just like the previous match due to his quarantine period which he mentioned recently.

MI are at least 10 runs shot but 195 runs on scoreboard doesn't look so bad if you have Pattison, Boult and Bumrah as your striking bowler.
KKR are already in a tough spot currently thanks to these 3 bowlers that you mentioned. Bumrah seems to be on fire once again. Btw, I observed that you bet late on Superbru. Is this some sort of strategy?
legendary
MI are at least 10 runs shot but 195 runs on scoreboard doesn't look so bad if you have Pattison, Boult and Bumrah as your striking bowler. Kudos to young fella Shivam Mavi, he handled pressure really well. Its not easy task to ball against the likes of Rohit and Pollard.

~snip~
 Have gone with MI easy win.
Easy win looks tough here, KKR does have solid middle order.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Score isn't so satisfied. MI had a great start despitr losing an early wicket. Suraiya Kumar and Rohit put great effort and it was possible to have 200+ score easily but death overs made the difference at the end.
Anyway, with MI's bowling, it will not be easy to KKR to chase the score. Have gone with MI easy win. Hopefully MI will win with the required run and I will get 2 points tonight.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
Been waiting for a promo from Sportbet.one. Did anybody take the last spot? If not I'll take the last spot. I have been on a losing streak lately so this promo could be of great help  Tongue

Was it really necessary to exclude Tom Banton from the playing XI? I think he would be a great addition to KKR. Well, KKR have never lost their opening match since 2013 and 6 of them came from batting second as of today. MI had successfully hold their record of losing all the opening matches since 2013, will KKR be able to hold the record? If so, I will lose points tonight too.
As JSRAW pointed out, they is no room for him or Lockie as of now. If KKR wins this one, I'll have my first point(apart from the one I got by default) Smiley Hope they win this one comfortably.

legendary
Was it really necessary to exclude Tom Banton from the playing XI? I think he would be a great addition to KKR. Well, KKR have never lost their opening match since 2013 and 6 of them came from batting second as of today. MI had successfully hold their record of losing all the opening matches since 2013, will KKR be able to hold the record? If so, I will lose points tonight too.
Hard to fit Tom Banton in the current squad. Morgan is excellent batter including could help Kartik with his captaincy experience, Narine can bat and ball, Pat cumins gives strength to bowling department and Russell is kinda irreplaceable.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Actually blames on him came after he had hit three sixes in the last over. The fact that he played pretty calmly in start of his innings and even in the 19th Over and strangely starts hitting sixes in the 20th over is the reason why people are blaming him
I disagree. Do you think MSD is some kind of super-hero who could save CSK from an almost impossible position? Also, which bowler would plan on bowling poorly just because they secured their win? Stupid statement.

When MSD did hit those sixes, did you see how far the ball went each time? The blame falls on players like Ngidi, Vijay etc as I mentioned earlier. Also, why on earth did you suddenly think that I reported your post?
Hey man chill out a bit.
1. I actually quoted your post you so I thought you might have mistakenly reported me. But JSRAW later admitted that he made that mistake.
2. Only question from MSD that everyone was that why didn't he started magically hitting those sixes in the first 13 balls that he played? He came to bat in 14th or 15th over match wasn't impossible until then and when if he knew he would take some time to settle why didn't he promote him at number 5. It's interesting how quickly people give credit to MSD on any win while make sure that he isn't given a credit for lost match.
3. Talking about how far the ball went even Jofra Archer managed to throw the ball out of stadium twice.
legendary

👋 Hi, everyone!

Thanks, i took the second spot.

~snip~

Curran brothers are good all-rounders but yeah Ben stokes might replace Tom Curran as soon as he's available still no news on Stokes tho. Another name is Buttler, he's still in the quarantine. Till then they are going to stick with the Tom Curran and David Millar.
Well this is going to be a tough choice for RR. David miller and buttler both are great batsmen. It's just that Miller is not in a good touch moreover it would depend on the requirements of the team. I feel they have a good top order so adding Buttler won't make a difference but he is such a good player that keeping him out just doesn't looks justified. It would be interesting to see which 4 players RR choose.
They could try Steve smith down the order may be 2nd down after Sanju Samson, reason for this is Smith is not as explosive as Buttler. Sharjah ground was small so he got away with it and its just the first game. I think franchise first choice is Buttler instead of Millar, they should rotate them constantly according to games and just to manage their workload. For big games Buttler, Smith, Ben stokes and Archer seems good combination.

Why Sanju is not given much chance in team India, just saw highlights of yesterday match and the way he has hit those sixes and batted surely has got a good hitting capacity. He had caught a tough catch while keeping it as well. He can be a good option for keeping and can also bat well in team India. Did not expected their win but they really played well to register win.

He does have capability of hitting big sixes, no matter how big ground is but the only problem is his consistency.

-----------------
Edit
Why Sanju is not given much chance in team India, just saw highlights of yesterday match and the way he has hit those sixes and batted surely has got a good hitting capacity. He had caught a tough catch while keeping it as well. He can be a good option for keeping and can also bat well in team India. Did not expected their win but they really played well to register win.

Right now Rishabh Pant has cemented the position of wicket keeper batsman in the Indian T20 and ODI squads. Samson has got a good start to this IPL. If he performs like this for the remaining matches, then it will be very difficult for the selectors to ignore him. The problem is that there is fierce competition for the wicketkeeper slot. Apart from Pant and Samson, there are others such as Ishan Kishan and Ankush Bains.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
Well looks like Jofra Archer heard you.  Cheesy Cheesy and now I think even though the ground is pretty small 215 is going to be a big psychological mark for any team to chase. If CSK is able to chase this match I would really be happy to lose my point  Cheesy but yes imagine if there would have been someone like Stokes in the side instead of Tom Curran. Even 250 was easy on this pitch Grin

This Sharjah ground seems graveyard for bowlers and indeed Last over firework saved the day for RR, it was brutal from the bowler's perspective.  Grin

Curran brothers are good all-rounders but yeah Ben stokes might replace Tom Curran as soon as he's available still no news on Stokes tho. Another name is Buttler, he's still in the quarantine. Till then they are going to stick with the Tom Curran and David Millar.
Well this is going to be a tough choice for RR. David miller and buttler both are great batsmen. It's just that Miller is not in a good touch moreover it would depend on the requirements of the team. I feel they have a good top order so adding Buttler won't make a difference but he is such a good player that keeping him out just doesn't looks justified. It would be interesting to see which 4 players RR choose.
By the way @Haunebu did you reported a post of mine? why was my post on this thread deleted?
Sorry it was me.. Royse shared your participation news bit late. my apologies  Embarrassed
~snip~
Oh that's fine nevermind. I thought I had written something wrong Tongue
Kolkata Knight Riders playing their first match today, but I have made a bet in favor of the Mumbai Indians. I want to see Sunil Narine in action, after his recent outings in CPL. And also, I heard that Kamlesh Nagarkoti will be playing today for KKR. I last saw him in action almost 3 years ago, when he was representing the Indian U-19 team in New Zealand (the 2018 U-19 World Cup). It's nice to have him back, and I hope he hasn't lost any of his pace and bounce.
copper member
Activity: 186
Merit: 12

👋 Hi, everyone!
sportbet.one's here!

😱 We've heard your requests and prepared a bonus for you!

3 x No Risk Bet up to $50!

🤔What's that and how to get it?

👉 You have to be one of the three first participants.
Hurry up to claim it!

👉 Log in and make a deposit.

👉 Make a bet up to $50 in BTC/EOS/USDT.
(Don't forget to toggle "No Risk Bet" in the betslip.)

If you missed your chance today, don't worry,
the next No Risk Bet bonus will be here in a few days,
☝️😉 so stay tuned!

Pages:
Jump to: