Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk IPL Prediction Pool & Discussion - page 60. (Read 17703 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
For some reason, the CSK opening pair are wasting balls during the 1st power-play.
Because both of the players are wastage. I can not remember when I last time saw Murali Bijoy to have a good performance. Even if he did, he did it barely. Watson is also same. If you look at CSK batting line up, most of the batsman who are supposed to score good, are way more older.
CSK need to change their players, at least their batting line. They need some energetic players who can play faster.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Favorites continue to lose. 176 didn't seem like a huge target at all since CSK scored 200 in their last game, but am surprised to see them lose by 44 freaking runs. For some reason, the CSK opening pair are wasting balls during the 1st power-play.

MSD and Jadeja were in an impossible position when they came in to bat which is why the top order should be blamed once again. DC is back in form.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
176 target was looking getable before the second inning but after CSK poor start its looking big target, openers threw away their wicket after wasting Powerplay. Someone please remind me what the hell Murli Vijay is doing in CSK team? He's average fielder and always bats like its some kind of test match.

It seems that they don't even have local talent in the squad who can bat at the top order. Where is Ambati Raydu  Huh

---
And 3rd wicket -Run out-  Grin
Ambati Raydu is injured and hopefully would be back in the next game as their next game is on 2nd October. Chennai's batting line-up looks useless without Ambati Raydu Anchoring it from the top. Because there is no Suresh Raina in the middle and Dhoni is too afraid to face bowlers. I don't know what has happened to Dhoni. @Haunebu see Dhoni did the same thing again what he did in the previous match. Sending two juniors who play at average speed ahead of him. He has to come in the middle order to fill that vaccum created without Suresh Raina. Sending Gaikwad and Kedar Jadhav ahead of him and coming in on 6 or 7 it feels as if Chennai were not even trying for the win.Du Plessis can't make them win single handedly.

176 target was looking getable before the second inning but after CSK poor start its looking big target, openers threw away their wicket after wasting Powerplay. Someone please remind me what the hell Murli Vijay is doing in CSK team? He's average fielder and always bats like its some kind of test match.

It seems that they don't even have local talent in the squad who can bat at the top order. Where is Ambati Raydu  Huh
CSK needs to find a good opening pair, they need to drop Murali Vijay from the team as he is not a good fielder and consuming too many balls, chasing a huge total they were playing like a Test innings and i cannot understand what kind of strategy is that. Faf du Plessis should open along with Shane Watson and one should go after the bowlers while one rotate the strike until Watson gets to his form and looking at the squad they have no other local talents that is promising.
That's a much better idea actually. Number 3 should be Gaikwad if they trust him followed by MSD himself on number 4. Then Jadhav followed by someone like Bravo/ Curran/ Jadeja. This way they would have the hitting ability during the entire match. Otherwise their top order literally tries to crawl towards the target. Frankly speaking unless there is some miracle Chennai are looking like a team who would end up at 7-8th position if they play this way.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
Where is Ambati Raydu  Huh

Ambati Rayudu is suffering from Hamstring Niggle which have left him out of the ground. He will be back in their 4th match against SRH, in that match, Bravo is likely to join on match too which will be great edition for them.
Once again poor performance from CSK. Target wasn't so high but CSK couldn't make it.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

CSK needs to find a good opening pair, they need to drop Murali Vijay from the team as he is not a good fielder and consuming too many balls, chasing a huge total they were playing like a Test innings and i cannot understand what kind of strategy is that. Faf du Plessis should open along with Shane Watson and one should go after the bowlers while one rotate the strike until Watson gets to his form and looking at the squad they have no other local talents that is promising.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540

---
And 3rd wicket -Run out-  Grin
CSK won the toss and opted bowl first. Joss Hazlewood will replace Lungi tonight. So, no Lungi vs Pant tonight.
It's sad to see Ashwin getting out of the match, Mishra is replacing him. I hope it will be a good match to watch.
I think Ashwin being ruled out could be a big blow to DC considering his fantastic form in the 1st match. DC played well to reach 175 though I expected them to reach 190 or something thanks to the wickets in hand.

Curran was brilliant towards the end. DC are probably disappointed that they couldn't score more runs. Jadeja's bad form continues. Still expecting CSK to win this one.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
CSK won the toss and opted bowl first. Joss Hazlewood will replace Lungi tonight. So, no Lungi vs Pant tonight. Credit for the jokes- https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8048/game/1216539/chennai-super-kings-vs-delhi-capitals-7th-match-indian-premier-league-2020-21
It's sad to see Ashwin getting out of the match, Mishra is replacing him. I hope it will be a good match to watch.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
My performance in the first round:

My report card looking much better now haha

-------
Didn't get to see last game but looking at scoreboard now it seems that i missed the firework from the KL Rahul but i am more disappointing missing out the moment when Kohli dropped the 2 sitters, we don't get to see that everyday. Poor Kohli Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
My performance in the first round:

This can not be any worse :-( Hopefully the 2nd round will bring me some smile.

vishnu is the man who won the consolation prize for the first round.

I am going to make a list of the round winner in the OP, this will be easier to read in the future.

@Avirunes, good to see you back in cricketing topics however unfortunately we have a local rule and I had to report the post to the mod. Sorry :-D

Edit: Done! Please check bottom part of the OP.

PS: Since we could not sell the 4th banner and Efilatis was the one who honoured us by adding extra 0.005 BTC, I have decided to give him this place as a return of his good gesture. I hope no one has any problem with it.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Actually, it was Kohli who helped Rahul with his century Tongue Of the 21 pool participants, only 12 of them have a score 2+ score and we are just 5 points behind Vishnu, so you don't have to be a topper on few rounds to grab the main prize. So I guess even if we manage to get some 3+ points consistently in the upcoming rounds, I think we'll stand a chance at winning the main prize.    

A lot of the participants went with the default picks. For example, in the RCB vs SRH match, 90% went with SRH since they were the stronger team. On top of that, there are no additional points for upset results. Even if the underdog wins, you will get only 1 point. So it is logical to always go with the stronger team. However, I went with the teams that I like. This worked in the first round, but I will change my strategy for the second round.
Actually, it was Kohli who helped Rahul with his century Tongue Of the 21 pool participants, only 12 of them have a score 2+ score and we are just 5 points behind Vishnu, so you don't have to be a topper on few rounds to grab the main prize. So I guess even if we manage to get some 3+ points consistently in the upcoming rounds, I think we'll stand a chance at winning the main prize.   
Superbru points table is just like the IPL points table because the rankings shift radically due to the unpredictable nature of the tournament. Someone who is at the bottom currently can become the next round leader just like that.

Seeing yesterday match RCB will have to really have to have a team meeting and discuss the future. Because losing by 97 in IPL is a very big thing and Rahul scored more runs than the entire Bangalore team. This should be really worrying them now. Rahul stole the show yesterday and he has provided time and again with his sheer brilliance.
RCB will probably recover soon. They made a lot of mistakes which cost them the match. Kohli's form is pretty bad these days in all departments which is why he needs to recover his form asap.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
Congratulation to Vishnu for winning the first round.

Seeing yesterday match RCB will have to really have to have a team meeting and discuss the future. Because losing by 97 in IPL is a very big thing and Rahul scored more runs than the entire Bangalore team. This should be really worrying them now. Rahul stole the show yesterday and he has provided time and again with his sheer brilliance.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 416
Buy Bitcoin
KL Rahul won the match  Cheesy I had picked RCB last night but I'm lucky that I didn't place any bet last night for some reason.
Congrats, @vishnu
You are the round topper. The yellow cap nice suits on you  Cheesy I have no place for 1-3 position unless I can be the topper on a few rounds from now.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 851
KL Rahul won the match  Cheesy I had picked RCB last night but I'm lucky that I didn't place any bet last night for some reason.
Congrats, @vishnu
You are the round topper. The yellow cap nice suits on you  Cheesy I have no place for 1-3 position unless I can be the topper on a few rounds from now.
I expected RCB have changed a bit this season in terms of their perspective towards the game but unfortunately their results haven't. LOL
That was my expectation too, they had Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers and i expected they could chase any decent score but Virat Kohli dropped the catch of KL Rahul twice and if he would have taken that catch they could have restricted them well below 180 runs but with the way Mohammed Shami and Cottrell bowled and how they picked wickets it was an impossible task for RCB even it was 25 runs short.
Exactly, you know Punjab has another great pacer named Ishan Porel. He has a Navdeep Saini sort of reputation in domestic cricket I was expecting him in the side today instead of M. Ashwin, because Ravi Bishnoi is pretty good as a spinner so keeping a second spinner isn't going to do anything for you. Whilst another pacer would make KXIP's bowling formidable. I think they should even try Gayle for a match instead of Pooran.
That was my expectation too, they had Aaron Finch, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers and i expected they could chase any decent score but Virat Kohli dropped the catch of KL Rahul twice and if he would have taken that catch they could have restricted them well below 180 runs but with the way Mohammed Shami and Cottrell bowled and how they picked wickets it was an impossible task for RCB even it was 25 runs short.

I really loved how Cottrell and Shami bowled the initial overs. Powerplay was on and that's the time when a team chasing that huge total have to give a great start and both bowlers denied RCB to start well. And all it was off to Abd and Finch who gave their wickets off to spinners , maybe pressure? would say so with required rate climbing up. It was great performance from Punjab bowlers.

I would say Punjab deserved the win.
Seriously despite of being a Punjab fan I wanted to see some fireworks from ABD. LOL. But indeed when 3 wickets fall early while chasing a big target generally the chasing team is never able to come back from that point.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
I expected RCB have changed a bit this season in terms of their perspective towards the game but unfortunately their results haven't. LOL
Activity: 560
Merit: 180
I'm Matured Now
(yesterday I selected KKR, but forgot to lock it and the app gave me MI by default. So, I won the point) .
I think you don't need to lock your pick. It's mandatory only if you want to see what others have picked. You may not pick yesterday even.

That I means I probably not clicked on KKR Lol. I don't remember correctly was busy in my work. Let's see what happens in next round. 😁
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
Damn, what a performance by KL Rahul. It seems there was no room for RCB tonight. Once again, I missed point. I was not able to watch the match tonight. Seems I missed a great match, it was indeed a great knock by KL Rahul, the one man army.

(yesterday I selected KKR, but forgot to lock it and the app gave me MI by default. So, I won the point) .
I think you don't need to lock your pick. It's mandatory only if you want to see what others have picked. You may not pick yesterday even.
Kohli handed Rahul a century towards the end. If Rahul departed early, the target would probably be something around 180 instead of 207. I have lost all hope in my bet on RCB after their abysmal start.

Punjab are top contenders for the title this year thanks to their excellent batting and bowling departments. They would have easily won the match against DC too, but they botched it because of their stupidity and bad luck.
KL Rahul 132/0
RCB 109/10

So today's match result technically was that KL Rahul won the match "Comfortably" against RCB by 23 runs LOL. That's a big shame for RCB to be true. I don't know what sort of bad luck they carry.
Oh yes, at last won my 1st prediction in this IPL. After 6 straight wrong selection. (yesterday I selected KKR, but forgot to lock it and the app gave me MI by default. So, I won the point) . So, this is my first win in this IPL.

Congratulations @vishnu for winning the Round 1 First place.
Hope I will give a good fight in round 2.
Congrats Man! LOL This tells that Virat Kohli is a much bigger Panauti. LOL. Jokes Apart congratulations Vishnu it was a close call. I expected RCB have changed a bit this season in terms of their perspective towards the game but unfortunately their results haven't. LOL
Pages:
Jump to: