Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 59. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
A statement from IceDrill management would be very welcome.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Unless IceDrill has been negotiating with HashFast for something like 4x Miner protection expect to loose between 60 and 85% ...
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
My thoughts. Comment and feedback welcome.

Openness:
I asked for an update to the overall strategy some months once HF delay was announced and the shareprice reached 10% of its opening value. While I don't expect it written as a post (though this act of transparency would be highly welcome), atleast an email or PM to the known shareholders on how we are travelling isn't a big ask and is long overdue.

I think Icedrill have a long way to go to improve here and really should be more on the ball with the communications around the venture and its overall progress (actuals) versus the original plan (estimates) incl things like the budget spendings to date, upcoming expenditure, etc

Adaption:
I sense we are locked into legally bound buying agreement using HF products given a proportion of the shares are tied to HF interests and backers. If so, then our destiny is already set in stone and we can only hope HF (and Icedrill) come good sooner rather than later.

Legalities:
The situation around GLBSE, Bitfunder, WeeX hasn't helped anyone. Going it alone on the share management side atleast avoids that situation arising again.

Governance:
If an open, transparent communicate plan with the wider public is not currently possible (for whatever reason - NDA?), I think at a very minimum a smaller shareholders advisory group should be formed to be advised and informed of progress, provide a forum for investor representation, plus allow the views and perspectives of the shareholder group in key decision making and planning moving forward.  It is long overdue the shareholders should be proactively informed and trusted with the direction of the venture, and that level trust goes both ways.  It would certainly put a lot of shareholders minds at ease to know the operation is being managed and in good control.

I would certainly welcome Will's and DeadTerra's input to the current discussion and trust it will be forthcoming.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.
What Iam now interested is if Hashfast doesnt deliver until this year which ends in less than a 2 weeks. We are insta-requesting refund right ? And what is the plan after that will ?

Would be a great disappointment if this happens because we all been waiting so long now to start hashing!

How is making more return disappointment? There is now way we would roi on that batch that is late for such a long time

Actually a return in BTC of the exact amount of BTC Paid (However unlikely but stated multiple times in person that HashFast would do this if late) would make IceDrill have 7-10x the buying power as they did before.

Somehow however I believe Will and DeadTerra have likely negotiated with HashFast something extra for their long wait and large purchase, it is likely under NDA, and we'll just have to wait and be surprised.
Activity: 656
What Iam now interested is if Hashfast doesnt deliver until this year which ends in less than a 2 weeks. We are insta-requesting refund right ? And what is the plan after that will ?

Would be a great disappointment if this happens because we all been waiting so long now to start hashing!

How is making more return disappointment? There is now way we would roi on that batch that is late for such a long time
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

If Hashfast default on delivery will IceDrill buy from another supplier or will this project end then with refunds
to the shareholders?

Finding new suppliers with this amount of hardware could they months again with delivery.
Activity: 656
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
HashFast Community Liaison
Pre-tweet from Senior de Casto

@ fabrication plant.  1st production run testing going well  Smiley

Longer version coming Soon!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
i think it was just bad communication

worker # 1: "i cant get anything to work.  fuck it"

worker #2: "fork it?  okay take this..."

worker #3: "wtf?"
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I think shareholders only care about when Icedrill can start hashing.

Shareholders also care about being able to buy and sell shares.

Here is some great news:

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/414178131482640384

The Baby Jet is born! Hashing away on all 4 cylinders for hours, the first assembled rig is performing marvelously!

Cool  ALWAYS BET ON iCE...   Cool

Looks good the baby jet, just wondering what they used the table fork for laying on the desk on the left.
I know you can fork bitcoin source code on Github, maybe HashFast to the literal approach to forking it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Shareholders also care about being able to buy and sell shares.

Here is some great news:

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/414178131482640384

The Baby Jet is born! Hashing away on all 4 cylinders for hours, the first assembled rig is performing marvelously!

Cool  ALWAYS BET ON iCE...   Cool
Activity: 601
Merit: 503
how/when will i be able to buy shares ?
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
That's what I was getting at.. I thought you need to install the chips on boards before placing them in racks..
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
If IceDrill is receiving chips, maybe they have a board ready? Or maybe they are waiting for HF to finalise their design?
legendary
how do you "set chips into the racks" exactly?

Do you need someone to google that for you?

I get this..

now what?
legendary

Do you need someone to google that for you?
Pages:
Jump to: