Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 63. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
I'm not going to sign up for a Google Hitler-mail account.

If you feel it is unnecessary to give us an email address to contact you on, then that's fine, but please know that any unclaimed shares will be held in limbo (not receive dividends) until they are claimed by address ownership verification. I cannot and will not allow dividends to be sent into (potential) black holes.

If Google's OpenID standard for logging in is not for you please understand that the other options (e.g. Facebook, twitter) were untenable. Given the time constraints, I will not reinvent the security wheel. Google was chosen because I know you many of you already use Google Authenticator for your security needs.

My shares will be automatically transferred back to Icedrill when BF closes, giving you the share count and payout address.

Yes, Bitfunder will send us a list when it closes, but the assumption that everything will automagically just happen is incorrect. http://www.icedrill.io is our share transfer process.

Let's be clear:  [Google single sign-on] != [Google 2FA]

I can sign my payout address, which has been published on Bitfunder's asset list for weeks.

I can sign in with an open-source Google Authenticator 2FA program without having to use their demonstrably insecure Stasi-mail product.

There's absolutely no reason to characterize our Bitfunder addresses as "black holes" except to justify the burden of requiring us to use Stasi-mail.

I am not asking you to "reinvent the security wheel."  I am asking you to simply use 2FA instead of requiring Google's evil NSA compromised infrastructure.

I'll send a signed PM reassuring you my address on file with Bitfunder is entirely intentional and correct, and not merely the result of some kooky mix-up with a supernova and a broken TARDIS.   Cool

What is wrong with using a google email address if you don't provide google with any important information? 
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

If you feel it is unnecessary to give us an email address to contact you on, then that's fine, but please know that any unclaimed shares will be held in limbo (not receive dividends) until they are claimed by address ownership verification. I cannot and will not allow dividends to be sent into (potential) black holes.

If Google's OpenID standard for logging in is not for you please understand that the other options (e.g. Facebook, twitter) were untenable. Given the time constraints, I will not reinvent the security wheel. Google was chosen because I know you many of you already use Google Authenticator for your security needs.

My shares will be automatically transferred back to Icedrill when BF closes, giving you the share count and payout address.

Yes, Bitfunder will send us a list when it closes, but the assumption that everything will automagically just happen is incorrect. http://www.icedrill.io is our share transfer process.

Let's be clear:  [Google single sign-on] != [Google 2FA]

I can sign my payout address, which has been published on Bitfunder's asset list for weeks.

I can sign in with an open-source Google Authenticator 2FA program without having to use their demonstrably insecure Stasi-mail product.

There's absolutely no reason to characterize our Bitfunder addresses as "black holes" except to justify the burden of requiring us to use Stasi-mail.

I am not asking you to "reinvent the security wheel."  I am asking you to simply use 2FA instead of requiring Google's evil NSA compromised infrastructure.

I'll send a signed PM reassuring you my address on file with Bitfunder is entirely intentional and correct, and not merely the result of some kooky mix-up with a supernova and a broken TARDIS.   Cool
Activity: 203
The World’s First Blockchain Core
so maybe i am a idiot  but can we go over how the verifacation works?

step 1: put in the adress that bitfunder has on your account

step 2 copy and paste that adress again after the little message

step 3 copy and paste the whole message with the adress into teh last box

is that correct and if so why does mine say "verifacation failed: incorrect padding"?

step 1: check  Smiley

step 2: you need to sign the message shown with your adresse from step 1. with blockchain.info for example you have an option "sign" message on the screen that shows all the adresses that are under your account. --> https://blockchain.info/Resources/faq/signmessage.png

step 3: after the process of signing the message you get a signature. this hast to go in the last field.

now you should get a confirmation with the amount of shares linked to your address.

I don't wish to use the e-mail that bitfunder has on account. Will the process still work if I register with a different address in step 1 ?

What matters is that you can produce a signature with a given bitcoin public key.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
so maybe i am a idiot  but can we go over how the verifacation works?

step 1: put in the adress that bitfunder has on your account

step 2 copy and paste that adress again after the little message

step 3 copy and paste the whole message with the adress into teh last box

is that correct and if so why does mine say "verifacation failed: incorrect padding"?

step 1: check  Smiley

step 2: you need to sign the message shown with your adresse from step 1. with blockchain.info for example you have an option "sign" message on the screen that shows all the adresses that are under your account. --> https://blockchain.info/Resources/faq/signmessage.png

step 3: after the process of signing the message you get a signature. this hast to go in the last field.

now you should get a confirmation with the amount of shares linked to your address.

I don't wish to use the e-mail that bitfunder has on account. Will the process still work if I register with a different address in step 1 ?
Activity: 74
Hi Will & co  Smiley

I'm delighted & entertained to see you decided on icedrill.io

Hopefully soon IceDrill.io will also start showing up on the overall mining
pool chart here https://blockchain.info/pools (another way to get more investors interested)

I visited the basic site & followed your instructions and it worked like a charm.
Used one of my blockchain.info wallets to sign the message and once
entered my number of shares showed within seconds.

Many thanx, looking forward to the next update now that you have
a way to communicate with investors on your own domain.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings

Under "Get codes via our mobile app instead" click "switch to app"

Hello, finally I created a google account without my phone number.
The share transfer was ok.
But I can't put the 2-factor security for my gmail account beceause they ask me again my phone number.
On bitfunder I used 2-Factor with a software, not with a phone, is it possible with my google account ?
Thank you
Activity: 85
WHY I can not use my own bitcoin address in my personal wallet? It is insecurity use 3d party wallets, such as blockchain

You can, and you should. I agree, I wouldn't use a 3rd party wallet for this.

If you're using bitcoin-qt for your personal wallet go to file->sign message and fill in the address and message, then click "sign message".
If you're using Armory, go to Tools->Message signing. Fill in the bitcoin address and the message and then click "Sign Message".

Thank you very much. Now all fine.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
How to use OpenID, it keeps redirecting to google, but my openid that i use is with another site. ok it seems google has their own version that forces us to register with them.   Is there no alternative to this? 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
you don't need any Google account to run Google Authenticator though, I'm using a fork that runs offline.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
What bothers me most is the question when transfer shares between users will be possible? If this starts spinning I maybe interested to buy some more shares...

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hi Will,

Why do you need anything else?

I think he only provided this as a means for peace of mind. 
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Hi Will,

Why do you need anything else?
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
This doesn't work for me. After entering address and signature, the page reloads (empty form again) after a couple of seconds. I verified my address is on the list (https://bitfunder.com/assetlist)

Do I have to use bitfunder to transfer shares to some account first?

EDIT: after reloading the page, at least now ownership of the address is verified. Shares don't show up yet.

same for me, shares don't show up. should they show up immediatly?

Yes, the # of shares should show up immediately. I had a look in the logs and I'm not seeing any errors. Could you PM me the details (email/btc address) so I can look into it?

my shares are showing up now. Took something between 5-6 minutes and 15 hours (I didn't check any more after 6 minutes)

me again :-)
my shares are still not showing up. 24h, address verified.
@will can you please have a look?
thank you

@edit shares are there, thank you will
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.
Hi All

I'm getting some people saying the "Application DigiMex IceDrill.ASIC requesting permission to access your Google Account." message is problematic for them because they don't want us to access their Google account.

We can't access your Google account, the bit below that message states that we'll have access to some things: and then it lists your email address. Your email address is the thing we have access to, not your google account.

What does this exactly mean?

It means they now know your email address. That's it.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hi All

I'm getting some people saying the "Application DigiMex IceDrill.ASIC requesting permission to access your Google Account." message is problematic for them because they don't want us to access their Google account.

We can't access your Google account, the bit below that message states that we'll have access to some things: and then it lists your email address. Your email address is the thing we have access to, not your google account.

What does this exactly mean?
Hi All

WHY I can not use my own bitcoin address in my personal wallet? It is insecurity use 3d party wallets, such as blockchain

You can, and you should. I agree, I wouldn't use a 3rd party wallet for this.

If you're using bitcoin-qt for your personal wallet go to file->sign message and fill in the address and message, then click "sign message".
If you're using Armory, go to Tools->Message signing. Fill in the bitcoin address and the message and then click "Sign Message".
Activity: 85
we call it "zaeblo" Sad

I can not transfer shares to icedrill.io

Firstly I can not understand why I must login with google account? Ok, you a master I`am a slave, I will login.
Next step:
WHAT the address I must enter to Bitcoin Address Ownership Verification for Bitfunder Share transfer???
Cause I set Bitcoin Address that I have in my wallet. But you ask for

Sign the following message with the above bitcoin address

What is this? How can I sign? with blockchain.info ? So I need to register wallet on blockchain.info and change it on Bitfunder site???
For example I have holding 66 btc on weexchange Sad((

Anyway I did it, try to verify on icedrill.io and receive:
"verification failed: The message failed verification"

I tied Sad really zaebalo.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
This doesn't work for me. After entering address and signature, the page reloads (empty form again) after a couple of seconds. I verified my address is on the list (https://bitfunder.com/assetlist)

Do I have to use bitfunder to transfer shares to some account first?

EDIT: after reloading the page, at least now ownership of the address is verified. Shares don't show up yet.

same for me, shares don't show up. should they show up immediatly?

Yes, the # of shares should show up immediately. I had a look in the logs and I'm not seeing any errors. Could you PM me the details (email/btc address) so I can look into it?

my shares are showing up now. Took something between 5-6 minutes and 15 hours (I didn't check any more after 6 minutes)
Pages:
Jump to: