Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 62. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 711
Merit: 532
What, if any, is the process of buying shares at this point? Will we be able buy shares on icedrill.io? Apologies if these questions have already been answered.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
I've asked before but didn't get an answer. How often hardware will be upgraded? Once a week, month?

This is a great question, sorry if I missed it. To be perfectly honest with you, we don't have a solid answer for you other than: we're exploring several options.

Personally I'm leaning towards hashrate maintenance contract(s) as it has several benefits (and not just for us). This open forum has been a great asset since we started it, and I'd like very much to leverage it as much as possible. Even though modelling the parameters for something like such a contract is non-trivial I'd like to put it out there and get your thoughts on it. Don't be afraid to hit me with spreadsheets, the DigiMex team will do the same. Don't just yell "moar chips!", it probably won't achieve much more than a few chuckles.

All that said, it doesn't need to be a single decision, the question could have several answers; some more right than wrong, so please ensure that (y)our model proposal excludes the liberal use of a crystal ball Smiley
My proposal:
100 unit batches. If there's enough funds from 25% of dividens to purchase 100 units then order. This may be slow adding at the beggining but later it may speed up signifficantly. And ordering large amount may result in nice discounts...
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
Will reset the process for me and resigning the message worked great, instantly saw my shares afterwards.  Thanks for the quick response.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Hi all

If any of you are having trouble signing the message it's probably because you're doing it wrong:

Make sure the signature looks something like this: HNOa7HxkrYd9sovsGvFte0Q7MsXBaIJ9ULicLAae/TjscSAtxYIWZhfsR5YtQcIIuFbz1htG/jSoZLFfRaU8xu4=

(It'll be a long string and it will always end in "=")

Some of you have sent me screenshots of your pasting in the "i, [email protected], own icedrill.asic shares" into the message signature field. This is wrong and will (correctly) result in an "incorrect padding" message.

Hi, apologies for only getting back to you on this now.

All other securities moving to direct shares accept a signed address as proof of ownership.

That's our process as well.

No other security moving to direct shares requires adhesion to Google's (illegal) ToS.

The legality issue of the Google ToS is news to me, could you point me to which items are contentious and in which jurisdiction(s) they're illegal? We do not want anyone to break the law. Please don't send me a "lmgtfy" link, it's demonstrably counterproductive in this specific case.

Google is currently the only OpenID provider we support. This does not mean we won't support any others in the future. If you want to suggest another I'll have a look into it and assign development resources to it as and when they become available. Developing the following work-processes (and securing/supporting them) was not possible given the required time-frame:
1. user sign-up
2. user human check (e.g. captcha)
3. user email verification.
4. user password recovery/reset
5. user secure password storage
6. user secure password transmission
7. user authorization
8. user authentication
9. user 2FA implementation (and items 4 through 8 as above for this as well)
10. all the support structures (and staffing) to support the above for literally hundreds of users on day 1 of going live.
This is the "security wheel" in its base form. I see so many companies implementing all that thinking they can just go ahead and do it perfectly on the 1st try and almost succeeding (at worst) or failing miserably (at best). We decided on a different route, and OpenID is it.

All of the overblown talk about 'black holes' and 'reinventing the security wheel' is a sorry excuse to avoid using 2FA instead of OpenID.

The Google accounts (our OpenId provider) choice wasn't because of 2FA instead of OpenID, one of the many reasons for settling on it was because this particular OpenID provider includes 2FA.
Activity: 410
How long could this process of transferring shares feasibly take? Has anyone waited longer than 6 hours for confirmation that their shares have been claimed on IceDrill.io?

It has been over 6 hours since I signed and verified ownership of my address, however, the site is still reporting I am holding 0 shares.

Been over 36 hours for me.  I've PMed will, we'll see what happens.
Activity: 392
We accept signed messages as proof of share ownership exclusively.

You're free to use any email address of your choosing, as long as it's linked to a Google account (currently the only OpenID provider icedrill.io supports). It does not need to be a gmail email address, or even the one you used @ bitfunder.

All other securities moving to direct shares accept a signed address as proof of ownership.

No other security moving to direct shares requires adhesion to Google's (illegal) ToS.

If a shareholder neglected to change their Bitfunder address in the 30+ days they had to do so that's their problem, NOT YOURS OR MINE.

It's not your place to force unwilling shareholders to jump through asinine hoops like MANDATORY GOOGLE.

A MANDATORY GOOGLE provision was never in the IceDrill contract and you have no right to suddenly require it.

Forcing people to do something they never agreed to, on pain of losing the money the trusted you with, is called EXTORTION.

All of the overblown talk about 'black holes' and 'reinventing the security wheel' is a sorry excuse to avoid using 2FA instead of OpenID.

Always bet on ICE
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
We accept signed messages as proof of share ownership exclusively.

You're free to use any email address of your choosing, as long as it's linked to a Google account (currently the only OpenID provider icedrill.io supports). It does not need to be a gmail email address, or even the one you used @ bitfunder.

If a shareholder neglected to change their Bitfunder address in the 30+ days they had to do so that's their problem, NOT YOURS OR MINE.

It's not your place to force unwilling shareholders to jump through asinine hoops like MANDATORY GOOGLE.

A MANDATORY GOOGLE provision was never in the IceDrill contract and you have no right to suddenly require it.

Forcing people to do something they never agreed to, on pain of losing the money the trusted you with, is called EXTORTION.

Activity: 294
can anyone guess how much our shares will be worth, or how much we can realistically see in dividends?
Even hashpower/share would be a good start, and then I can figure out the rest

edit: nevermind, i found it.....

While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

this is shitty... so with 14,000 shares I have approx 140GH/S of hash power.. uhhh.. yay?   Undecided

cex.io is .069BTC/gh so at this rate you have aprox 9.6 BTC worth of shares if they were mining now.
can anyone guess how much our shares will be worth, or how much we can realistically see in dividends?
Even hashpower/share would be a good start, and then I can figure out the rest

edit: nevermind, i found it.....

While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

this is shitty... so with 14,000 shares I have approx 140GH/S of hash power.. uhhh.. yay?   Undecided
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
yeah the system worked for me pretty much instantly   Shocked

great job.   now to buy a few more  Wink
Activity: 226
How long could this process of transferring shares feasibly take? Has anyone waited longer than 6 hours for confirmation that their shares have been claimed on IceDrill.io?

It has been over 6 hours since I signed and verified ownership of my address, however, the site is still reporting I am holding 0 shares.

Took about 0.5 sec for me. There must be something wrong.
Activity: 544

think this is where the confusion originated

so maybe i am a idiot  but can we go over how the verifacation works?

step 1: put in the adress that bitfunder has on your account

step 2 copy and paste that adress again after the little message

step 3 copy and paste the whole message with the adress into teh last box

is that correct and if so why does mine say "verifacation failed: incorrect padding"?

step 1: check  Smiley

step 2: you need to sign the message shown with your adresse from step 1. with blockchain.info for example you have an option "sign" message on the screen that shows all the adresses that are under your account. --> https://blockchain.info/Resources/faq/signmessage.png

step 3: after the process of signing the message you get a signature. this hast to go in the last field.

now you should get a confirmation with the amount of shares linked to your address.

Thanks for clearing it up.  Cool
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

I can provide a signed message from my public bitfunder shareholder address, I also don't see how can this be considered a blackhole?  Is this not the reason for providing a shareholder in my control so that after providing a signed message, dividends can continue to paid as that signed message is proof of ownership of the bitcoin address.

Going to be honest with you... I've read that paragraph about 8 times now and I still don't understand it. Could you rephrase it please?

I also didn't use a google email for bitfunder either so how would you verify my ownership of  shares if you do not accept a signed message as proof?

We accept signed messages as proof of share ownership exclusively. If you can please point me to where anyone stated otherwise I'd like to go rectify it because it's categorically wrong.

Activity: 518
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.
Seems as though Hashfast is finally into the testing phase of their chips.
https://twitter.com/HashFast
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
I can provide a signed message from my public bitfunder shareholder address, I also don't see how can this be considered a blackhole?  Is this not the reason for providing a shareholder in my control so that after providing a signed message, dividends can continue to paid as that signed message is proof of ownership of the bitcoin address.

I also didn't use a google email for bitfunder either so how would you verify my ownership of  shares if you do not accept a signed message as proof?

Activity: 110
Merit: 11
Looking to buy some more of this. I have some shares already but would like some more. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in selling with your price. (Please make sure to include your price. Don't ask me how much I will pay for them).
What is wrong with using a google email address if you don't provide google with any important information? 

Google is found guilty and/or pays fines all the time for destroying our privacy in illegal ways, not to mention what they get away with because of expensive deeply captured regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians, not getting caught, and perks of [security agency] collaboration.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+pays+fine
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22google+found+guilty%22

I'm not going to adhesion myself to whatever abusive, amorphous ToS their revolving door regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians have concocted.

Their new Terms are illegal in many countries; you may be breaking the law by agreeing to them!
Google hit with privacy complaints in 14 E.U. countries
Complaints call for Data Protection Authorities to immediately suspend changes to Google terms of service
By Loek Essers
November 26, 2013

it's all a conspiracy, maaaan!   Shocked they're all watching us  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
What is wrong with using a google email address if you don't provide google with any important information? 

Google is found guilty and/or pays fines all the time for destroying our privacy in illegal ways, not to mention what they get away with because of expensive deeply captured regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians, not getting caught, and perks of [security agency] collaboration.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+pays+fine
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22google+found+guilty%22

I'm not going to adhesion myself to whatever abusive, amorphous ToS their revolving door regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians have concocted.

Their new Terms are illegal in many countries; you may be breaking the law by agreeing to them!
Google hit with privacy complaints in 14 E.U. countries
Complaints call for Data Protection Authorities to immediately suspend changes to Google terms of service
By Loek Essers
November 26, 2013
Pages:
Jump to: