Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 65. (Read 378562 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
With the current delay and difficulty increase do you think shareholders will ever get back the .0016 BTC as per the IPO?

yes, if and only if you're patient enough

will?  is that you?  Roll Eyes

Grin Hardly ... Just yet another small shareholder... Although I am tempting to retract my previous statement after reading Hashfast thread.. Situation over there is just getting worse and worse by day... Retarded ceo smile and frequent TOS changes is all that was given back to the customers so far ... Meanwhile knc prepares to dump another 3ph in the following month ..
Activity: 392
With the current delay and difficulty increase do you think shareholders will ever get back the .0016 BTC as per the IPO?

will?  is that you?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 299

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

This is a good question, but my gut feel is a "no" on the short term, a "possible" on the long-term especially if the strategy around the 25% re-investment is sound and we get lucky with mining difficulty.

It would be good to get a business update and forecast from the management team , once a target date for first mining is set.
Activity: 3
What is the plan for share transfer going forward?

EDIT: Clarification, transfer of shares between investors.
Activity: 278
#hardworkpaysoff
Great work!  Fast and easy, thank you!

Activity: 294
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
For example saving password-hashes as md5 in the db is not state of the art, one should at least add a very long salt, which is different for each user!

I decided that the safest way to store passwords is to not store them at all, hence the federated login. That, and skipping over that whole (tedious IMO) email/human verification dance...
Activity: 21
2. The security certificate which is up there is very basic, but works for now. Will get the paperwork sorted for a more robust certification in the coming weeks.

would be nice if you could activate a ciphersuite that uses Diffie–Hellman Key-Exchange instead of Keys derived from the RSA certificate.. So the NSA can´t listen in Smiley
https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2013/06/25/ssl-labs-deploying-forward-secrecy is a good thing to read here.

I hope more and more people will understand crypto systems in the future and use strong and secure encryption instead of lax one..

For example saving password-hashes as md5 in the db is not state of the art, one should at least add a very long salt, which is different for each user!
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Activity: 99
Merit: 11
Thanks, seems to work for me. Could you please post a little update once you updated to the latest asset list from bitfunder. Had to change my bitfunder public address today. Thanks.
Activity: 179
Ok, open beta done, going live...

Instructions on share transfer is as follows:

1. Go to: http://www.icedrill.io (thanks zebroid Smiley)
2. Click on Account (you'll be asked to login with your Google Account)
3. Under "Your Assets", follow the instructions for signing the message with your bitcoin address and click "verify".
4. After a couple of seconds, the number of shares transferred (owned) will show up under a message which confirms address ownership.

Next steps:
1. (optional but highly recommended) Click on the little lock icon next to your email address and set up 2 factor authentication.

Notes:
1. I'll ask DT to post this @ Bitfunder news.
2. The security certificate which is up there is very basic, but works for now. Will get the paperwork sorted for a more robust certification in the coming weeks.
3. If you did all this during the quick 24h beta, you won't need to do it again. Just check if everything is still fine for you: your address & share numbers verified.

Activity: 51
seems like a lot of you guys have moved your shares around or something, what am i missing?
could someone please explain what i have to do, to be sure my shares are safe? Smiley

thanks

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Ken Slaughter could learn a lot.  This is a great way to ease investors minds. 

True. However, comparing icedrill and ActM directly isn't exactly a fair comparison since their business models and efforts to operate are quite distinct. Icedrill doesn't have the risk, reward or time expenditure required for designing, manufacturing and selling mining equipment and can focus on shareholder websites. Not an excuse, just a reason to not compare them directly.

Comparing Icedrill's investor relations to ACTM's has nothing to do with their respective business models.

Icedrill is run professionally by an experienced team of qualified individuals focused on the singular goal of running the world's most advanced Bitcoin mine.

ACTM, in contrast, is run by one guy who can't focus on a single core competence and tries to do everything, from ASIC/website design to running a mine to starting a decentralized stock exchange.

Cool  ALWAYS BET ON iCE...   Cool
Activity: 210

True. However, comparing icedrill and ActM directly isn't exactly a fair comparison since their business models and efforts to operate are quite distinct. Icedrill doesn't have the risk, reward or time expenditure required for designing, manufacturing and selling mining equipment and can focus on shareholder websites...

Neither does Ken, so what's your point?
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Well it took less than a minute to transfer shares. But some people may have problem with that. Simple tutorial could be nice...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

True. However, comparing icedrill and ActM directly isn't exactly a fair comparison since their business models and efforts to operate are quite distinct. Icedrill doesn't have the risk, reward or time expenditure required for designing, manufacturing and selling mining equipment and can focus on shareholder websites. Not an excuse, just a reason to not compare them directly.
Pages:
Jump to: