Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 45. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

so you don't have bitfury chips mining away at .1 watts?

So where's all this crazy new hash coming from making difficulty jumps so large?

Don't know but A1 builders were saying something would be ready in Jan.

back to back 20% would mean 120 144 175

or 860 ph to 1031 th to  1237 th 

and if bitfury tacks more onto that  20% again and  1500ph

120     860 ------- done
144    1031 ------ done
175    1237 -------  ?
210    1500 -------  ?

and that is a lot of hash I think I watch and mine with my soon to be too slow and old avalon6's
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
I heard that Bitfury doesn't have a Reference Design yet either.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

So where's all this crazy new hash coming from making difficulty jumps so large?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hello EH/s! Thank you Bitfury!

Sad part is that I don't think this is even bitfury stuff. They are supposed to get delivery of their wafer orders this month.

Are you 100% sure on that information? Maybe it's what the public must know. Their wafers are already hashing Wink
It's not our stuff. As jstefanop said, our wafers are still in production. You can easily see Bitfury hashrate from https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC

alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

Sad part is that I don't think this is even bitfury stuff. They are supposed to get delivery of their wafer orders this month.

Are you 100% sure on that information? Maybe it's what the public must know. Their wafers are already hashing Wink
It's not our stuff. As jstefanop said, our wafers are still in production. You can easily see Bitfury hashrate from https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC

And what will happen when you fire up yours?  Shocked

Here, let me ponder on that for say 2-3 milliseconds.......

I predict that difficulty will rise. My "Magic Eight Ball" refuses to give me a precise number!!!  Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
C'est la vie e c'est fini! simply as that! Grin
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

game over!
Activity: 635

Activity: 560

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
it's 14/16nm for sure but the question is who.
I don't think so ... I is just a massive sale of the Antminers going online now. BTW what happened to Spoondoolies beast .. SP50 (or whatever the name was).

Was probably just designs published to try and raise investments. That was back in September so if they had a chip order in we should have seen it by now.
Activity: 516
I don't think so ... I is just a massive sale of the Antminers going online now. BTW what happened to Spoondoolies beast .. SP50 (or whatever the name was).
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Hello 1.4EH/s...  Sad
Next Diff with this hashrate: 200.000.000.000.
No new 14/16nm miners aviable (YET) for home miners. I think it is possible to see the 2EH/s before halving... (Diff at that point: 280.000.000.000)
Well this is disappointing...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1400

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

Hello 1.4EH/s...  Sad
Next Diff with this hashrate: 200.000.000.000.
No new 14/16nm miners aviable (YET) for home miners. I think it is possible to see the 2EH/s before halving... (Diff at that point: 280.000.000.000)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
as it performs as advertised with the typical real-world specs when sold.

Which is why I exist around here. Consumers need protection the from unscrupulousness, probably even more so now that we have a mix of hyper-corporations and OEMs.

How do protect us from that un-word?
you can't.. it's everywhere :c
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
as it performs as advertised with the typical real-world specs when sold.

Which is why I exist around here. Consumers need protection the from unscrupulousness, probably even more so now that we have a mix of hyper-corporations and OEMs.

How do you protect us from that un-word? Edit - typo
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Given the diff jumps and the cost to make the chips/boards I don't think we will ever see these chips in the wild. Bitfury will be loosing money on selling chips at a price that people will pay soon. They came in a little late with this Gen and I think their margins after R&D and all are really small now, if not non-existent. Oh the tragedy.

They planned everything very nice. They released the chip demo videos at the same time when they were already populating their DCs with these chips in order to have the false impression that they barely got the chip. Then after they managed to get all the pre-order contracts ready they started to fire up their new chips. Well played Bitfury! I applaud you!
If so, at least it can be said that they didn't try an AMT/Bitmine.ch, BFL, HashFast  et al approach of taking pre-orders from the general public. This way the pain of production ability/miner design timing falls on private investors. Looks like folks learned and if/when the chips become available to us a least we will know they work and hopefully have reliable reference designs for them released as well. Open-sourced driver code would be icing on the cake... Wink
Pages:
Jump to: